Damar Hamlin Colapeses On The Field

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Damar Hamlin Colapeses On The Field

Post by straycat »

Administered CPR and transported from the field of play to the hospital via ambulance. His status remains critical condition.
Here is a cardiologist explanation on what might have happened.

https://youtu.be/H-G9mziXL9w

Positive Vibes 🙏🙏🙏🙏
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Re: Damar Hamlin Colapeses On The Field

Post by KSTAT124 »

Really, really scary! 24-years-old, playing a game he loves, and now he's fighting for his life.

I was watching the game and I can't bring myself to turn off ESPN. I'm truly hoping to hear something positive before the night is over.
straycat

Post by straycat »

So far I've seen that he is still alive, currently under induced coma so tubes could be inserted to assist breathing.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

I am glad my initial belief based on player reaction and the solemn setting in the broadcasting booth that he had died on the field was wrong.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

ESPN reported that the hospital was not going to issue any further updates tonight. Hopefully, the morning brings good news.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Hamlin stable but still listed as critical.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/02/spor ... s-hit.html
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

I hope Hamlin pulls through. The hit didnt look big on the replays, but he may of been hit in a vulnerable spot. This happened to DJ Hayden (former raider) in a practice pre-draft, but it was not nearly this severe and it still almost cost him his career.

Skip Bayless made himself the villain last night with his tweets over the injury, and Shannon Sharpe didnt show up to their talk show today lol.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Commotio cordis (Latin, "agitation of the heart") is an often lethal disruption of heart rhythm that occurs as a result of a blow to the area directly over the heart (the precordial region) at a critical time during the cycle of a heartbeat.
-wiki

obviously I don't know but this is the first thing I thought of when I watched it. It didn't look like a particularly violent collision but it was directly to his chest. I don't know why I've never heard of it in boxing before but hockey and baseball I definitely have.
straycat

Post by straycat »

In some regards Buffalo & Cincy have to either play the rest of this game before the week ends and hopefully get a break on playing their last game Tue morning next week or they both need to forfeit the game which would mean Cincy not having the chance to tie Buffalo for the 2nd seed, and with a game left not sure what would happen if Buffalo wins out & KC loses but it's a bit to unpack.
Bayless point was centered around this playing devils advocate. Was it heartless on his end? Definitely should of thought for a minute and acknowledged the turmoil that coaches, players, and fans where experiencing first and then bring up his point.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

To follow up the whole issue with gas lighting Bayless could be added damage control for the NFL. Anyone who watched the game saw the ref pull the head coaches together at mid field, and Buck said they have 5min to get ready, both head coaches go back to the respective sidelines and after a while they both approached the ref and next thing you know Buck announced that the game was temporarily suspended. To me its obvious the NFL threw Buck under the bus and claim that he was wrong. But after news came out that the NFLPA strong armed Goodell it makes since that Buck was indeed relaying correct info.

On Hamlin's current status I hear he is improving some but that at some point after being admitted that defibulation was at some point required again.
Positive Vibes still needed for Damar. 🙏🙏🙏
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Seeing Damar was released from the hospital and is at bome. What a miracle 😇
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Quickness and quality of care. Huge difference. Adonis Stevenson who got quick top notch care in qc.. saved him. Fighters and competitors don't get that chance everywhere around the world.

Good for him
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

The only good news about this, is it strikes me as extremely similar to what happened to Jerry Lawler a while back in WWE. He received several heavy elbow drops to the chest, and shortly after his match went into sudden cardiac arrest, and very nearly died.

Thankfully paramedics were on hand, and were able to tend to him immediately. They administered CPR, and all the same kinda stuff that happened here with Hamlin.

The reason I bring that up, is because Lawler ultimately made a 100% full recovery and had no lasting effects from the incident. He nearly died right there, but it was just kind of a freak occurrence, and since his recovery he's had no heart issues or any major health scares that I know of. He's a much older man than Hamlin.

My point with all that is, it sounds to me like the same thing happened to Hamlin, and I fully expect he'll be 100% recovered before long. Whether or not he'll want to continue playing in the NFL I don't know, but I don't doubt at all that he'll be capable of it if he chooses to continue.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Glad I was wrong because I was certain from the look of things that Damar was a goner.
Funny how modern day miracles work, NFL and media pleaded for prayers but after he makes an incredible recovery its thanks to the doctors and medical staff
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Ya, it's utterly hilarious that the people who helped him survive are being thanked
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

Hamlin posted a tweet on Sunday of T-shirts that said "Did We Win?" and noted all proceeds will be going to the UC Trauma Center and first responders, all of which played a critical role in saving his life.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Hamlin posted a tweet on Sunday of T-shirts that said "Did We Win?" and noted all proceeds will be going to the UC Trauma Center and first responders, all of which played a critical role in saving his life.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”