TANK DAVIS vs RYAN GARCIA

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Re: TANK DAVIS vs RYAN GARCIA

Post by Primetyme199 »

marciano1952 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:34 am So this is a new charge on top of the other?
Yes, this charge happened last night.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Guy has pending beefs on top of this.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

marciano1952 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:34 am So this is a new charge on top of the other?
Yes, at least one new charge while he still has to stand trial for the other 14!
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Woman says Gervonta Davis did not assault her, call to police 'unnecessary'

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... nnecessary

straycat

Post by straycat »

Primetyme199 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:58 pm Woman says Gervonta Davis did not assault her, call to police 'unnecessary'

How much $$$ was transferred to her cashapp prior to making a statement 🙄🙄🙄
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

straycat wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:06 pm
Primetyme199 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:58 pm Woman says Gervonta Davis did not assault her, call to police 'unnecessary'

How much $$$ was transferred to her cashapp prior to making a statement 🙄🙄🙄
Don’t be ridiculous!

Transactions like that are best done in cash to avoid traceability.
straycat

Post by straycat »

The point is somebody got paid.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

I think Tank Davis was innocent in this last run in with the law, as he recorded the event and posted it on IG. His Baby mamma said he was trying to kill him on the call to 911, however on the video's shes clearly the aggressor. I know things like this happen all the time, where the man goes to jail, despite being the victim due to the woman being dishonest and the mans criminal history.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

It sounds like this fight is on the verge of falling apart. The cancer of the sport, Haymon, is demanding everything go his way. Garcia ordered Golden Boy to get this fight made. Golden Boy had to give in to all of Haymon's demands to get the fight agreed.

Now Haymon also wants promotional control on the rematch if Davis loses. It's a one way rematch clause, meaning only Davis can activate an immediate rematch if he loses. Garcia doesn't have the same right. Golden Boy agreed to the clause under the condition that Golden Boy would promote the rematch on DAZN. Now Haymon is demanding that he control the rematch eventhough Davis would have lost the first fight.

DelaHoya has said that Golden Boy have given in to all of Haymon's demands to make the fight, but they are not giving any more concessions. DAZN has invested a lot into Garcia and understandably would not be happy with giving the first AND potential second fight to Showtime.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Fck Cancer :(

Talk now about Ryan vs Prograis. Though I doubt it would make nearly the money as Tank vs Garcia in a non title catch-weight, it's really a better fight.
Based

Post by Based »

Ryan Garcia's always mention big name opponents like Prograis, then go and fight a bum instead. What I dont understand is all the annoucements they make on social media about the fight being done, then come back a week later and say something hasnt been agreed to. I figure it's all for clout as Davis and Garcia are big on social media. AL Haymon and PBC are just a mess. How can this fight not be signed and delivered? makes no sense.
Last edited by Based on Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Tank will put ryan to sleep. Garcia is a talented offensive fighter but he doesnt have that dog in him. Tank by KTFO
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Amazingly, this is official, a fight between two of boxing's biggest names is made in a fairly timely manner for once!

I like Tank here. Garcia leaves his chin too high for my liking, and I don't think he uses his length most effectively, so I don't know that Tank being an oopma loompa will matter as much as it could. Garcia's trip to the canvas was also from a southpaw left too.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Same here got Tank... more compact and experienced imo
straycat

Post by straycat »

Davis tendency to swing for the fences could leave him vulnerable if KingRy can be elusive and make him pay.
With any bully type fighter you get their attention things can change.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

The presser clips and other sound bites from yesterday pretty good. ODH when asked how he would fight Tank said he would take a baseball bat to him.
This fight is good for boxing. Kudos to both Tank & KingRy for making it.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

What a joke this fight has become. 136 weigh in, 10 pound rehydration limit.

What’s the point even?
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Cagiva9 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:42 pm What a joke this fight has become. 136 weigh in, 10 pound rehydration limit.

What’s the point even?

Exactly.
In fact, I would like to thank Ryan Garcia for making this fight possible. For bending over backwards to make this fight. For conceding to a bunch of shit.

-Couldn't take a tune up fight before this fight
-Has to drain himself to 136 lbs
-Cannot rehydrate more than 10 lbs
-No rematch if he loses, only Davis is allowed a rematch

And people call Ryan a diva. Lol. He's not even allowed to properly rehydrate after draining his body to 136 lbs. Usually, you'll see a catch weight or a rehydration clause, but not both at the same time. Not to mention, Davis has already fought at 140 without any clauses against a guy with similar dimensions to Garcia.

Wasn't Tank supposed to be this street-thug-killer-gangsta who ain't scared of nothing?
It almost sounded like they wanted Ryan to reject the fight.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

WHO WINS and HOW ??

Enter your pick HERE
straycat

Post by straycat »

mannymac wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:08 am
Cagiva9 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:42 pm What a joke this fight has become. 136 weigh in, 10 pound rehydration limit.

What’s the point even?

Exactly.
In fact, I would like to thank Ryan Garcia for making this fight possible. For bending over backwards to make this fight. For conceding to a bunch of shit.

And people call Ryan a diva. Lol. He's not even allowed to properly rehydrate after draining his body to 136 lbs. Usually, you'll see a catch weight or a rehydration clause, but not both at the same time. Not to mention, Davis has already fought at 140 without any clauses against a guy with similar dimensions to Garcia.

Wasn't Tank supposed to be this street-thug-killer-gangsta who ain't scared of nothing?
Looks to me like Ryan is ok with weight clauses.
https://youtube.com/shorts/LDFmzTnyBKk?feature=share

It's not like he had to drop a whole weight class and he's had all the time to do it without having to deprive himself.
The 10lb rehydration goes both ways don't it? Or is it just KingRy that can't?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

the13r wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:54 pm
WHO WINS and HOW ??

Enter your pick HERE
I went with KingRy KO.
I think he works double triple jabs and gets Tanks attention early coming in and disrupts his confidence.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

straycat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:28 pm

What’s the point even?

Exactly.

It's not like he had to drop a whole weight class and he's had all the time to do it without having to deprive himself.

I didn't click on your link, but I did see a video of Ryan saying he can make the weight and be ok.
And yeah, I'm assuming the 10 lb rehydration clause goes both ways, although it would affect the bigger guy more.

I just don't like acting gullible or naive. Tank is trying to drain and weaken Ryan, whether it works or not.
As far as who wins the fight? I don't know. Whomever lands the first solid punch, probably wins.
straycat

Post by straycat »

mannymac wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:52 pm
straycat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:28 pm

Exactly.

I didn't click on your link, but I did see a video of Ryan saying he can make the weight and be ok.
And yeah, I'm assuming the 10 lb rehydration clause goes both ways, although it would affect the bigger guy more.

I just don't like acting gullible or naive. Tank is trying to drain and weaken Ryan, whether it works or not.
As far as who wins the fight? I don't know. Whomever lands the first solid punch, probably wins.
It's Ryan chowing down on Tacos to a hip hop tune called "Ima show you how to do it"
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

It's Ryan chowing down on Tacos to a hip hop tune called "Ima show you how to do it"
[/quote]

I don't know about his eating habits, but Canelo did say that he was lazy at the gym. He would walk in, work out for a little while and then head out.

(The hip hop referenced joke went totally over my head, sorry)

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”