TANK DAVIS vs RYAN GARCIA

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
TheSickness316

TANK DAVIS vs RYAN GARCIA

Post by TheSickness316 »

Looks like they have an agreement to fight at catchweight

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... t-showdown

WHO WINS and HOW ??

Enter your pick HERE
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: Garcia vs. Davis Agreement

Post by straycat »

Hopefully this pans out but lets not hold our breath jus yet, whats the deal with the hit n run beef?
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Jeez Tank looking at doing some hard time 😳😳😳
Better add some serious weight if he dont wanna wind up being somebody top bunk punk
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Tank should win, he is just more compact
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

136 doesn’t bode well for a guy who moved to 140 because he couldn’t make 135 anymore.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Not so sure there was any trouble making weight as much as he wanted to move on. He is young and should be able to cut 4 lb easily then rehydrate for the fight.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Should just fight at 140. Isn't Davis a champion there too? Lol
Why ask Garcia for a 136 lbs catchweight when you fought Barrios at 140?
Based

Post by Based »

Tank is asking for a catch weight so he wont lose his belt if he takes an "L" from Garcia. I believe Tanks WBA "regular" title at super lightweight has been vacant for a while, so he only holds a lightweight strap at the moment. I still feel Garcia should have made this a title fight. He's still young enough to make that weight without draining himself.

I'm still skeptical that this fight is going to happen. Seems DAZN, Golden Boy, Ryan Garcia and Tank Davis were all in on making this fight. Al Haymon and Espinoza were holding back the fight. I dont think neither guy should have a tune up, and go directly into their fight. Tank and Garcia are two of the most popular American fighters, it's the perfect time for them to fight and it will sell massively on PPV.

I just dont understand why Al Hyamon and Espinoza were trying to get out of this fight. The fight is winnable for Tank and they will make a killing on PPV. The delays wont help the numbers and even risk the fight entirely.
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

We don't know if Garcia is still young enough to make 135 or if his body is maturing and he finds it difficult to make 135, but I have to assume he finds it difficult since he "vowed to stay at 140".

If the reason for the catch weight is for tank to not lose his 135 belt, then why not ask for a 139 lbs catchweight? It just seems like he's trying to drain Garcia. I'd rather see it at 140.
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

In either case, I hope the fight happens.

I heard the lady that got hit by tanks car doesn't want to settle. She wants justice. She wants him in jail. So, who knows what will happen with that.
Based

Post by Based »

I think Tank wants it at 136 because there's a big size difference. Just on height it's nearly half a foot. Tank is 5'5, Garcia is 5'10. Tank's team probably thinks the cut will hurt Ryan.

I think Garcia is very dangerous for the first 4 rounds of the fight. And most of all Tank does not want to lose the belt if he happens to get KOed, which could happen. I think Garcia is a live dog and there's a good chance he could win, even if Tank is the better fighter.

Tank has gotten into a lot of legal trouble of the years, nothing recently. On the NELK podcast he sounded very humble and likable. To me it seems he grown up since.
Last edited by Based on Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

straycat wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:50 pm Not so sure there was any trouble making weight as much as he wanted to move on. He is young and should be able to cut 4 lb easily then rehydrate for the fight.
That was 2 years ago his last fight at 135. Pretty sure he was already maxed out dehydrating and rehydrating, that being the reason he abandoned 135.
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

I didn't see that interview. He doesn't sound disrespectful the times I've heard him speak in the ring.
As far as the fight goes, it's 50/50 for me. They both get hit plenty. Tank has been outboxed in every fight I see him in, until he gets the knockout. Even Rolly was boxing him, and Rolly sucks. Rolly is more of a judo guy. And of course Garcia has been dropped before, even if he wasn't really hurt, he still got dropped.
Whomever lands the first hard shot, pretty much wins, in my opinion.
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

I didn't see that interview. He doesn't sound disrespectful the times I've heard him speak in the ring.
As far as the fight goes, it's 50/50 for me. They both get hit plenty. Tank has been outboxed in every fight I see him in, until he gets the knockout. Even Rolly was boxing him, and Rolly sucks. Rolly is more of a judo guy. And of course Garcia has been dropped before, even if he wasn't really hurt, he still got dropped.
Whomever lands the first hard shot, pretty much wins, in my opinion.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Cagiva9 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:32 pm
straycat wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:50 pm Not so sure there was any trouble making weight as much as he wanted to move on. He is young and should be able to cut 4 lb easily then rehydrate for the fight.
That was 2 years ago his last fight at 135. Pretty sure he was already maxed out dehydrating and rehydrating, that being the reason he abandoned 135.
It's still only 4lb difference, if he takes this seriously plenty of time to change diet and start that process now.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

That's still 3% of his weigh-in weight... its a lot for these size who barely have water and fat at the weight...
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Tank is fighting Hector Luis Garcia in January - he's a good opponent and if Tank does face him and then Ryan Garcia in April it deserves props. My only concern is that Tank will pick up an injury (like he did vs Cruz) that will push the Ryan bout back.
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Hector Garcia is undesized in this fight. He fought at 126 for most of his career. He moved to 130 a few fights ago and now he has to go up to 135 to fight Davis. He's just an easy tune up fight.
I think Ryan Garcia is fighting an easy fight as well in January.
straycat

Post by straycat »

When is Tanks day in court?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

mannymac wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:22 pm Hector Garcia is undesized in this fight. He fought at 126 for most of his career. He moved to 130 a few fights ago and now he has to go up to 135 to fight Davis. He's just an easy tune up fight.
Tank isn't that big anyway, he weighed 133 last fight and fought at 130 not long ago. He's moved up the weights due to a lack of discipline, not because he's a naturally big guy.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Tank has a domestic violence beef too 😳
His trial for hit n run is set for Dec 12th.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Tocsin wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:19 am
mannymac wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:22 pm Hector Garcia is undesized in this fight. He fought at 126 for most of his career. He moved to 130 a few fights ago and now he has to go up to 135 to fight Davis. He's just an easy tune up fight.
Tank isn't that big anyway, he weighed 133 last fight and fought at 130 not long ago. He's moved up the weights due to a lack of discipline, not because he's a naturally big guy.
And because he'd rather move up in weight and face the 15th best guy than face the #1 or #2 best guy in any weight class he'll ever compete in.

We'll see why too whenever he finally does take on a big name opponent.
ObJuan13

Re: TANK DAVIS vs RYAN GARCIA

Post by ObJuan13 »

I think Tank will win, but the size difference makes Garcia a very live dog
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

So this is a new charge on top of the other?
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”