GGG VS CANELO III

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
dwightmac83

GGG VS CANELO III

Post by dwightmac83 »

straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: What's next for GGG?

Post by straycat »

He could fight Benavidez, if he can beat someone Canelo been ducking he won't have to rematch him given in most observers eyes he beat him already.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo-GGG 3 ends up happening. If it doesn't, I'm not sure what the next step is.

As for Benavidez, to say Canelo ducked him is laughable. Canelo just fought the best light heavyweight, someone who would beat Benavidez too. Benavidez has beaten pretty much no one, and due to his own lack of discipline didn't have a title when Canelo swept through the division. It's weird to go to bat for the guy who's showed so little ambition and dedication, while calling out the guy who faced the murderer's row.
straycat

Post by straycat »

His height, reach, heavy hands could present some problems for Canelo.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

They could, but he's done nothing to earn the label of being ducked by a guy who's fought excellent opposition for years.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Aside from his issues with discipline he has been the WBC #1 for how long, Canelo should be defending his belts. David is the same weight class should be easy to make no catch weight BS.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

He became undisputed champ (Benavidez cocained and ate his belt away, so had nothing), and then in his very next fight moved up to face an elite (prob #1) light heavy. That's not ducking at all.

Meanwhile, Benavidez's last fight was vs Kyrone Davis LOL. Benavidez is a good fighter, but Canelo hasn't ducked him. He fcked himself over and has hardly taken the ambitious path to make it a must happen kind of fight.
straycat

Post by straycat »

So does GGG attempting to beat David and being successful add more demand to a 3rd fight if Canelo invokes the rematch with Bivol or does he play it safe and stay away from him too?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

How about, does David fight anyone with a pulse to raise his standing?
straycat

Post by straycat »

Canelo has a pulse ya?
David has dropped his name, he's the next biggest star @ 168, it's a easy enough fight to make. Would be quite a notch in his belt to slay the young lion, take his 0 and all that.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

If Golovkin stays at 160, his most attractive option would be a unification bout against the Charlo-Sulecki winner. If he's due for an IBF mandatory defense, he may have to fight IBF #1 ranked Esquiva Falcao unless the IBF orders a final eliminator between Falcao and #2 ranked Michael Zerafa, both of whom won eliminators to earn the #1 and #2 spots respectively.

If the IBF orders a Falcao-Zerafa bout, Golovkin would be free to fight Charlo, if he beats Sulecki. A Golovkin-Sulecki bout, while it would be a title unifier may not be as attractive as a Golovkin-Lara bout, if Lara beats Spike O'Sullivan as expected, Golovkin-Eubank (WBA #1; IBO #2), or Golovkin- Munguia (IBO #1, WBA #2), if Munguia gets by Danny Jacobs.

If Golovkin opts to move up, then the winner of Benavidez-Lemieux, especially if it's Benavidez, is the most lucrative option.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

GGG is 40 and is not Bernard Hopkins.

I am not knocking his skills, but whatever he does needs to be done pretty fast. I don't know that he looks as he did when he was 35 at this point - not quite as fast and not nearly as feared as he was.

He will give someone a good fight, and I think it just makes sense to match himself up with the guy who brings the most money to the table. Is that Charlo? Is that Eubank in London? I don't think that it's Lara. Do you get dollars out of jumping up to meet Caleb Plant?

I don't think that we have that many fights left in GGG - what's next is a really good question, because we may have one or two really night and tough matchups left before he calls it a career. I am not sure that Benavidez is a great style for GGG to try...
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Benavidez doesn't have a title, isn't particularly lucrative, and has a weak resume. He's done nothing to really stand out from the pack so I'm not sure why GGG would suddenly move to SMW to fight him. GGG-Charlo unification would be great, but I still think GGG will be in play for Canelo, whether that's next or after a potential Bivol rematch.

Benavidez and Mall are both with PBC and need bigger fights. They've also been calling each other out - why not make that? Winner definitely stakes a claim to being involved in the top fights.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Tocsin wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:21 pm Benavidez doesn't have a title, isn't particularly lucrative, and has a weak resume. He's done nothing to really stand out from the pack so I'm not sure why GGG would suddenly move to SMW to fight him. GGG-Charlo unification would be great, but I still think GGG will be in play for Canelo, whether that's next or after a potential Bivol rematch.

Benavidez and Mall are both with PBC and need bigger fights. They've also been calling each other out - why not make that? Winner definitely stakes a claim to being involved in the top fights.
I see you are well versed in the Eddie Hearn non fight making terminology. 🙄🙄🙄
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

straycat wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:38 am
Tocsin wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:21 pm Benavidez doesn't have a title, isn't particularly lucrative, and has a weak resume. He's done nothing to really stand out from the pack so I'm not sure why GGG would suddenly move to SMW to fight him. GGG-Charlo unification would be great, but I still think GGG will be in play for Canelo, whether that's next or after a potential Bivol rematch.

I see you are well versed in the Eddie Hearn non fight making terminology. 🙄🙄🙄
I'm just thinking realistically. I don't see how Benavidez is the guy for GGG. Different weights, different stable, no rivalry. A champ vacating his titles to fight someone without any...

It seems like you are putting the responsibility on everyone to fight can crushing Benavidez, rather than holding the guy responsible for the shortcomings he's had in his career.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Fight someone with a pulse just not either one of these guys with a pulse.
Got It. 🙄🙄🙄
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

straycat wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:18 am Fight someone with a pulse just not either one of these guys with a pulse.
Got It. 🙄🙄🙄
I'd be all for those fights, I just don't think they'll happen next and it's not either guy ducking Benavidez.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Well after all this it was politely suggested as what Golovkin "could" do next, not what he had to do.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

straycat wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:56 pm Well after all this it was politely suggested as what Golovkin "could" do next, not what he had to do.
The very first post is someone asking what's next for GGG, and I've simply said why I don't think it will be a Benavidez fight. Do you think that will be GGG's next fight?

Some people are strange and seem to think anyone who hasn't fought Benavidez is ducking him.
straycat

Post by straycat »

The term duck does get tossed in when convenient no doubt.
Do you see Alvarez or Golovkin prevailing if they some day face him?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Depends when they face him, I think Canelo would beat him if they fought any time soon, GGG is fading though and I'd favour Benavidez there. It would be his best win by miles of course.
straycat

Post by straycat »

I think his quick short shots on the inside would be a dangerous situation for Canelo who will need to find way to close the gap to be effective.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Hopefully Charlo or something along those lines…..he is past his best for sure but still has a ring iq and power to win fights at the top….maybe not as easy as before however
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Based

Post by Based »

I think his next fight is Canelo. I think Canelo is going to re-evaluate his performance Bivol and be honest to himself, and just move on from a campaign at 175. However, if arrogant Canelo does rematch Bivol, I think GGG sits on the sidelines for a Canelo fight for 2023. GGG fights once a year anyways and already fought this year. I would love to see GGG fight Charlo or Andrade, but the money is in a third fight with Canelo and at this stage of his career that's what GGG wants.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Canelo says he's fighting GGG next

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”