GGG VS CANELO III

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Re: What's next for GGG?

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Of course he's going to beat up on a washed up GGG. He's not going to risk losing again to Bivol, Charlo, or Benevidez.

I hope GGG has one great one left in him, and pulls off the upset. But that's highly unlikely.....
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Ya Alvarez says Bivol rematch after GGG 🙄🙄🙄
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Like I said: He can't risk losing two fights in a row.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

As a fan of Golovkin this 3rd fight makes me somewhat sad. Canelo will almost certainly stop Golovkin this time, I don't know how Golovkin doesn't know this.

Surely Golovkin has enough money but maybe no one ever has enough.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Hopefully Beterbiev beats Smith, and then we get Bivol-Beterbiev for the undisputed title next, since Canelo will be taken up by another fight.

Sucks for the guys who missed out on Canelo, but hopefully they actually start fighting opponents with pulses instead of wasting prime years beating up cans while they hold out for a chance at Canelo. Funnily enough old GGG's last opponent was better than Charlo and Benavidez's.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Canelo/ Charlo or Benavidez or some other big 4 contender wouldn't be a bad thing, the Champ can prove he rules the roost so to speak. The fight somebody with a pulse thing is BS. Canelo could of unified when Benavidez was champ. Instead he went up to fight Kovalev. Then when David had his problems all of a sudden having all the belts was important. 🙄🙄🙄
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

But how dare someone say that was a duck back then.
😒😒😒
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

straycat wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:01 pm The fight somebody with a pulse thing is BS.
You're right - repeatedly fighting cans and no hopers is much better :lol:
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

That is a good decision for Canelo.

I think that he will beat GGG and both will make a good deal of money from the fight... probably more than any other offering.

After that fight, we can see if GGG has something that would give him the desire to fight Charlo (assuming Charlo is still there - one of them or another will be) or how he wants to wind up the career.

Canelo still has pretty much every option open to him once he fights GGG unless he looks terrible, which is hard for me to imagine.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
straycat

Post by straycat »

I see the reasoning that Charlo could land a fight with Canelo based on being undisputed 160. But a fight with Gennady I dunno why engage that option if there is no title? Unless GGG is still a middleweight.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Good for GGG. Get that payday
Hillsinitialrebirth

Last edited by Hillsinitialrebirth on Tue May 24, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Hopefully Beterbiev beats Smith, and then we get Bivol-Beterbiev for the undisputed title next, since Canelo will be taken up by another fight.

Sucks for the guys who missed out on Canelo, but hopefully they actually start fighting opponents with pulses instead of wasting prime years beating up cans while they hold out for a chance at Canelo. Funnily enough old GGG's last opponent was better than Charlo and Benavidez's.
No disrespect, but I see you continuing to push this narrative on this board, and it's highly flawed.

So I ask you this:

Who did Rocky Fielding fight with pulse, that landed him the Canelo fight? He was stopped by Callum Smith. So does getting stopped enhance your chances at Canelo?

Who did Callum Smith fight with a pulse, that was worthy of him landing the Canelo fight? A washed up Groves was his best opponent before he fought Canelo. Does that count as a fighter with a pulse?

Who did Caleb Plant fight with a pulse, that made him a worthy opponent for Canelo? I guess you can say Uzcategui was a decent opponent, but he's nothing special. Plant was fighting guys like Mike Lee and Caleb Truax for for crying out loud.

Who did Billy Joe Saunders fight with a pulse, that made him a worthy opponent for Canelo. You can probably say Eubank Jr., Lee, and Lemuix(the same guy Benavidez just fought), but that was WAY back at MW. BJS, probably has the best track record of fighting guys with a pulse from my list, but it's still nothing spectacular.

And lets not even talk about what Yildrim did to get a fight with Canelo(sigh).

And NONE of the guys that I listed, fought each other(except Fielding fighting Smith), while they were waiting for a Canelo payday. Plant didn't fight BJS, Smith, or Fielding. BJS didn't fight Smith, Plant, or Fielding. Smith fought Fielding, but didn't fight Plant or BJS. Fielding fought Smith, but didn't fight BJS or Plant. And 3 of those guys were campaigning in the UK, and all but avoided each other.

So Benavidez's win over Anthony Dirrell, is just as good or better, than any of the wins the other guys had, that got a fight with Canelo.

And don't get me wrong: It's Benavidez's own fault, that he was an idiot and got stripped of his title. But let's not act like he still wasn't the best option for Canelo, as far as competitive fights go. And it's strange that Canelo started his SMW conquest in full, once Benavidez was stripped. And correct me if I'm wrong: But didn't Canelo and Smith, fight Benavidez's vacated title? Ironic that Canelo didn't go after that strap with Benavidez held it.

So he's done just as much as the other guys that have won the Canelo sweepstakes. So why can't he get the fight? And be honest with yourself, would you bet money on Smith, BJS, Plant, or Fielding...over Benavidez if they fought?

And Charlo does have a pretty thin resume, but he fought and beat Derevyanchenko, the same Derevyanchenko that many people thought deserved the win over GGG. And that win has to be at least as good as the aforementioned guys, that won the Canelo sweepstakes.

So by your logic, NONE of these guys should have gotten a fight with Canelo. But the ones that got the fight with "cans" and guys with "no pulses" are ok....but Benavidez and Charlo aren't ok?

Just trying to figure out where you're coming from?
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Where did I say that Canelo-Benavidez or Canelo-Charlo wouldn't be okay? Where did I say that Canelo needed to fight Plant, Saunders, Smith, etc? You clearly misunderstood me.

I'd have no problem with Ben or Charlo getting the fight, but they've done nothing to force it and show that Canelo's ducking them as was suggested, nor do they have anything Canelo wants. People on here criticize Canelo all the time while backing guys who are fighting way below the level he has and aren't nearly as active. Maybe if one of them beat the other they'd really make themselves the man he needs to face, but that's not happening. Although at least Beterbiev and Smith are having a 3-belt unification.

Funnily enough, Canelo's next opponent absolutely battered Benavidez's last opponent, and Dave's last 3 opponents before that were Kyrone Davis, Ron Ellis, and Roamer Angulo. Man that is bad! Maybe if Benavidez hadn't twice lost his title for being overweight and doing coke, he may have had a title to lure Canelo to a fight. I bet Benavidez's lack of discipline is somehow Canelo's fault too :lol:

These guys are wasting their careers on nobodies. Who gives a damn about Charlo-Montiel or Sulecki? Meanwhile, Canelo has been fighting elite competition over and over for years now, and GGG will be his 5th fight in a year and a half (Charlo has 2, Benavidez 3). It's laughable he gets the blame when he's the only one showing any ambition...
Hillsinitialrebirth

Where did I say that Canelo-Benavidez or Canelo-Charlo wouldn't be okay? Where did I say that Canelo needed to fight Plant, Saunders, Smith, etc? You clearly misunderstood me.

I'd have no problem with Ben or Charlo getting the fight, but they've done nothing to force it and show that Canelo's ducking them as was suggested, nor do they have anything Canelo wants. People on here criticize Canelo all the time while backing guys who are fighting way below the level he has and aren't nearly as active. Maybe if one of them beat the other they'd really make themselves the man he needs to face, but that's not happening. Although at least Beterbiev and Smith are having a 3-belt unification.

Funnily enough, Canelo's next opponent absolutely battered Benavidez's last opponent, and Dave's last 3 opponents before that were Kyrone Davis, Ron Ellis, and Roamer Angulo. Man that is bad! Maybe if Benavidez hadn't twice lost his title for being overweight and doing coke, he may have had a title to lure Canelo to a fight. I bet Benavidez's lack of discipline is somehow Canelo's fault too :lol:

These guys are wasting their careers on nobodies. Meanwhile, Canelo has been fighting elite competition over and over for years now, and GGG will be his 5th fight in a year and a half (Charlo has 2, Benavidez 3). It's laughable he gets the blame when he's the only one showing any ambition...
Who is blaming Canelo? Canelo has one of the best modern resumes in boxing. My only gripe with him, is that it's odd from time to time how he picks his opponents, or when he chooses to make his move. We all know that he picked the Bivol-GGG package, because Bivol didn't look impressive in his last few fights. He thought Bivol was an easy mark. Of course he was dead wrong, but that doesn't change why he took that fight. And GGG is old, and over the hill, so he sees him as an easy win.

But my response was to YOU saying that Charlo and Benavidez needed "to fight somebody with a pulse" before getting a Canelo fight. You've been saying this on multiple topics. I was just pointing out that the guys Canelo just fought at 168, didn't fight anybody with a pulse either, according to your standards. It just sounds hypocritical.

And you're bragging about GGG "battering" Lemieux lol. Lemieux is a guy who got stopped by Marco Antonio Rubio(a guy that had 5 losses, and was stopped twice) before GGG even got to him. Now that's impressive(sigh). I don't see anybody on here bragging about Benavidez blasting Lemieux, a guy who's been blasted numerous times before.

And who said Benavidez's OWN STUPIDITY was Canelo's fault? You're reaching, and trying to kick up dust where there's no dirt.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Stray has been repeatedly accusing him of ducking Benavidez, and most of my replies on the topic have been to him.

I never said that Charlo and Benavidez need to fight anyone before getting a Canelo fight - I said that they should fight better opposition to strengthen their case. Currently, they are mostly fighting patsies and simply haven't done enough to make themselves THE GUY who Canelo must fight, as in if Canelo doesn't fight them it's a duck. Nor do have any title Canelo wants.

I'm not bragging about GGG battering Lemieux, just LOLing that even in this trilogy fight I don't really want to see, Canelo's opposition is still far superior.

You basically seem to miscomprehend most of what I'm saying. You listing everyone who Canelo has fought misses the point.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Benavidez was a reigning WBC champ when Canelo held the other 3 wasn't he? Yet he went up to fight Kovalev instead of unifying. Only after Benavidez screwed himself was when he lobbied the WBC to fight for the vacant title. That in some people's eyes is ducking
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

But that's all water under the bridge Canelo is fighting Golovkin again. Man is this the fight fans really want.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

straycat wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:18 pm But that's all water under the bridge Canelo is fighting Golovkin again. Man is this the fight fans really want.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
No, they really want Benavidez-Lemieux again :lol:
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

straycat wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:16 pm Benavidez was a reigning WBC champ when Canelo held the other 3 wasn't he? Yet he went up to fight Kovalev instead of unifying. Only after Benavidez screwed himself was when he lobbied the WBC to fight for the vacant title. That in some people's eyes is ducking
Benavidez lost his belt for being 3 pounds overweight in August 2020, before Canelo had any of the major titles. The title was vacant because Benavidez didn't have the discipline to defend it.

I know it's ducking in some people's eyes, as it is in yours, and that's laughable. Basically blaming Canelo for Benavidez being a fatass.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Stray has been repeatedly accusing him of ducking Benavidez, and most of my replies on the topic have been to him.

I never said that Charlo and Benavidez need to fight anyone before getting a Canelo fight - I said that they should fight better opposition to strengthen their case. Currently, they are mostly fighting patsies and simply haven't done enough to make themselves THE GUY who Canelo must fight, as in if Canelo doesn't fight them it's a duck. Nor do have any title Canelo wants.

I'm not bragging about GGG battering Lemieux, just LOLing that even in this trilogy fight I don't really want to see, Canelo's opposition is still far superior.

You basically seem to miscomprehend most of what I'm saying. You listing everyone who Canelo has fought misses the point.

LOL... YOU keep missing the point for YOUR OWN words lol.

You said they need to fight better opposition to strengthen their case, but who did Fielding, Smith, BJS, or Plant fight, to strengthen their cases?
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Nah, you still aren't able to comprehend my point.

If someone said Canelo was ducking those guys before he'd fought them, my response would be just the same as it is with Benavidez - I don't have a problem with the fight (well, bar Fielding lol), but they haven't done enough to force it and justify the duck claims. I'd then say to strengthen their case that they are THE MAN for Canelo, they should beat better opposition, like one beating the other. I'm not treating him any differently than I did Plant, Smith, BJS, Bivol, etc.

Why is this so confusing for you?
straycat

Post by straycat »

So when Benavidez beat Dirrell in may of 2019 for WBC World Super Middle Title while in the same month Alvarez was fighting Jacobs and defending the WBC World Middle Title the two fighting each other made no sense? Benavidez was at the time wanting to settle who was the better of the two, instead Canelo went after Kovalev. Whats laughable is you defending Canelo to no end. Yippee we get to see Avalrez/Golovkin III. Tell me between the two points here which is truely a laughing matter?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

So you've changed your story again. First Canelo had 3 belts and ducked a Benavidez undisputed fight, now when Canelo was a MW he ducked a SMW title fight with Benavidez? Basically, you don't care what the facts are, you just always conclude that Canelo was ducking.

If porky Dave had managed to hold onto his title in 2020, he may well have landed that Canelo fight. That was his best opportunity and he blew it.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Canelo also had IBF and WBA, the issue was you had one WBC champ wanting to fight the other WBC champ. Instead one champ fights somebody else.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”