GGG VS CANELO III

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: What's next for GGG?

Post by straycat »

I dont get the whole thing with WBC having these two belts, it was a mess back when Ward had one and Frochy had another.
Make em fight each other regardless of who they fought. Unless you feel Alvarez would be too much of a notch for Benavidez to put on his belt :roll:
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Nah, you still aren't able to comprehend my point.

If someone said Canelo was ducking those guys before he'd fought them, my response would be just the same as it is with Benavidez - I don't have a problem with the fight (well, bar Fielding lol), but they haven't done enough to force it and justify the duck claims. I'd then say to strengthen their case that they are THE MAN for Canelo, they should beat better opposition, like one beating the other. I'm not treating him any differently than I did Plant, Smith, BJS, Bivol, etc.

Why is this so confusing for you?
1. I never said Canelo was ducking. You must be confusing me with somebody else.

2. I was responding to what you said about "fighting somebody with a pulse". I was responding to your words, I didn't make those up. I just set up examples of other fighters who fought nobody with a pulse, according to your guidelines.

3. You are treating them differently: Because you said nothing about having to "strengthen your case", when the other guys hit the Canelo Sweepstakes. But you're saying it now with Charlo and Benavidez.

You're the one that's confused. You can't even remember what you wrote, and you've backpedaled so much, you don't even know which way is up.

When the truth is: NONE of the guys that we've been talking about, has really done more than the others...to deserve a Canelo fight. Some of them got the fight, some of them haven't yet. But don't start holding 2 of them to a higher standard, that the others didn't have to live up to.

Once again...this is going off of YOUR words.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

duplicate
Last edited by Tocsin on Tue May 24, 2022 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:47 pm
Nah, you still aren't able to comprehend my point.

If someone said Canelo was ducking those guys before he'd fought them, my response would be just the same as it is with Benavidez - I don't have a problem with the fight (well, bar Fielding lol), but they haven't done enough to force it and justify the duck claims. I'd then say to strengthen their case that they are THE MAN for Canelo, they should beat better opposition, like one beating the other. I'm not treating him any differently than I did Plant, Smith, BJS, Bivol, etc.

Why is this so confusing for you?
1. I never said Canelo was ducking. You must be confusing me with somebody else.

2. I was responding to what you said about "fighting somebody with a pulse". I was responding to your words, I didn't make those up. I just set up examples of other fighters who fought nobody with a pulse, according to your guidelines.

3. You are treating them differently: Because you said nothing about having to "strengthen your case", when the other guys hit the Canelo Sweepstakes. But you're saying it now with Charlo and Benavidez.

You're the one that's confused. You can't even remember what you wrote, and you've backpedaled so much, you don't even know which way is up.

When the truth is: NONE of the guys that we've been talking about, has really done more than the others...to deserve a Canelo fight. Some of them got the fight, some of them haven't yet. But don't start holding 2 of them to a higher standard, that the others didn't have to live up to.

Once again...this is going off of YOUR words.
1. My posts were in response to stray, who said Canelo is ducking. That is the context for the discussion you entered when you initially quoted my post - how do you expect to understand a conversation if you don't know the context of it?

2. I don't think Plant, Smith, etc. forced a fight with Canelo or would have any credibility in saying Canelo ducked them before the fight either. When have I ever said they were superior to Benavidez or that they earned a fight but Benavidez hasn't? Show me.

3. I didn't say those guys need to strengthen their case, because no one said Canelo was ducking them, unlike here. You seem to keep missing this. For someone to have a credible case of being ducked, and that they are the man to fight, they need to do more than the average guy in the mix. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

If someone said Canelo was ducking Billy Joe Saunders, for example, I would've said the same thing I am now. That Canelo has been the ambitious one, isn't one to swerve a challenge, and that BJS hasn't proven himself nearly enough to earn 'ducked' status. But no one was saying Canelo was avoiding him.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Of course a thread about GGG got made into a thread about Canelo. Lol.

But seriously, shows how much of a star Canelo is.
straycat

Post by straycat »

They are fighting each other
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

straycat wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:38 pm They are fighting each other
And this is to who?
straycat

Post by straycat »

It's to anybody asking why is the conversation being hijacked by Alvarez.

Anyway here is a YouTube channel Travs Sports Bag, ESPN old schooler Bias joins him to talk boxing. The topic is whether Canelo is cherry picking. The "who has who fought" goes pretty much back n forth.

https://youtu.be/w64aQVEb1so
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

straycat wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:53 pm It's to anybody asking why is the conversation being hijacked by Alvarez.

Anyway here is a YouTube channel Travs Sports Bag, ESPN old schooler Bias joins him to talk boxing. The topic is whether Canelo is cherry picking. The "who has who fought" goes pretty much back n forth.

https://youtu.be/w64aQVEb1so
So you're using the excuse that the 3rd fight is happening when the conversation got hijacked before the fight was announced. In fact, it was hijacked nearly 2 weeks before the fight was announced when Canelo was saying he was going to rematch Bivol.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Well how ever you decide you unfold the whole thing it was pretty much expected, no surprise here.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

straycat wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:31 am Well how ever you decide you unfold the whole thing it was pretty much expected, no surprise here.
By simply pointing out your bullshit and looking at this logically? It's what I do. Too bad you can't say the same. You're the one who came up with the bullshit excuse which is no surprise considering you're the one who hijacked the thread and made it about Canelo in the 1st place.
straycat

Post by straycat »

So you proving a point I made about you post stalking me. Thx, you think you point out shit but all you do is put your stick in the pot and stir it.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Post stalking you? Lol. Whatever lie you need to tell yourself. I commented on this thread and had nothing to do with you. So you want to keep lying to ahead. You're nothing. No one in their right mind would post stalk you. But you need to live in that delusion because of how pathetic you are.
straycat

Post by straycat »

LOL's. Learn a new trick while your still a kid.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

straycat wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:30 am LOL's. Learn a new trick while your still a kid.
Learn the difference between your and you're before you try telling anyone else to learn something.

But of course that's your response because you don't actually have one.
Based

Post by Based »

I still believe GGG-Canelo III would be a close fight. I do not think Canelo is a lot better than this aged out GGG, and I also don't believe GGG is washed. I had their first fight 9-3, second fight 7-5 for GGG. However, I do not think GGG will win, but he will still give Canelo a lot of problems because of that jab and his boxing ability. This fight is fair due to Canelo coming off a loss. Fight fans don't like fighters who keep losing unless it's Conor McGreggor lol so Canelo has to be careful on his match ups before his fan base turns on if he keeps losing.

The big names like Charlo, Andrade and Benavidez are all great, but def need bigger wins to sway the fans to put pressure on Canelo to fight these guys, because the mexican sports media does put a lot of pressure on him. All three guys all have weak resumes. Andrade MIA. Charlo is fighting nobodies. Benaidez has no relevant opponents. It's just frustrating to see these guys fight after fight not being in any relevant fights. It seem they are on stalling their careers, just waiting for Canelo to fight them. Also, Charlo does not want to fight Benavidez, but would rather just talk shit and get tough at fight cards where security will keep David away from him. They both are under Al Haymon, and he cant get them in the ring together, but he may not want them in the ring together either and he may just be telling them to sit on the sidelines to wait for Canelo lol.

GGG at his peak was levels above what Canelo is now. Canelo is P4P in an era where everyone is avoiding big fights (besides our HWs), and he's fight decent opponents, but in very winnable fights. Everyone that Canelo beat this far in his career, would get destroyed by prime GGG. I do believe this Canelo fight may be GGGs last fight. GGG is old and has nothing more to prove, besides avenging his loses to Canelo.

I want to see Canelo stay away from Bivol. I would love to see Zurdo fight Bivol instead. I think that fight is more relevant for boxing than him waiting out on a Canelo rematch. Zurdo needs a relevant fight too.

Zurdo vs Bivol and Canelo vs GGG would be good for boxing. These are match ups I'd like to see this year. I do not expect anything meaningful from Charlo, Andrade and Benavidez this year, and that's just sad.
the13r
TTR

Who Wins & How? CANELO vs GGG III

Post by the13r »

Based

Re: Who Wins & How? CANELO vs GGG III

Post by Based »

Canelo UD. My reasoning is that GGG is older and slower, and way more hittable. Also it's the reason Canelo has been spacing out his matches with GGG to make him age out. GGG will be more accessible to get countered by Canelo, and why i think the red head will win. GGG was really stabilized Canelo's attack in the first two fights with the jab, while being bigger and stronger (that's why Canelo got on the juice imo). He kept Canelo honest and conservative, as he didnt wanna get clocked so he let GGG work that jab as it was safer than exchanging rather than getting hit with his power punches. GGG truly dominated the first fight with the jab, and in the second fight Canelo became more comfortable, stood in the middle of the right with GGG, moved well, did engage more, and made GGG miss a lot (I still had it 8-4 GGG). I also think if Canelo isnt juicing for this fight, it may even look close again, even with how old GGG is is. I think GGG is gonna be effective with the jab more, but has become an easy target to hit in recent fights. Canelo has a lot of advantages coming into this third fight now. I think he's gonna hit GGG a lot. I dont think Canelo hits hard enough or throws enough to stop GGG.
Last edited by Based on Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Motivation is there for Golovkin considering he did quite well both times. Be nice if he can pull a BHop out of his hat and turn back time.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I think they'll have to stop it. Golovkin is going to get hit with too many unanswered clean shots. Golovkin's hands are just too slow now to return fire and there is also the question of how Golovkin is reacting to body shots.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Golovkin to old….Alvarez should win handedly this time around after getting a straight up gift in the first fight and questionable in rematch
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Canelo by decision...legitimately for a change.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Canelo stops GGG this time around. But it's going to have more to do with Father Time, than anything else.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

GGG by KO. Why? No real rhyme or reason other than I want to see GGG get the win he deserves. This is purely me saying it because I want to and going with what my heart wants to see.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

GGG would give enough for DAZN to make a 4th fight... but Canelo imo has to win.. he is the cash cow, they need to protect the aura that makes all the Ms...

Canelo better than GGG at this point imo.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”