SPENCE vs CRAWFORD

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
actionhound

Re: SPENCE vs CRAWFORD

Post by actionhound »

TheSickness316 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:23 pm And this is happening the same night as UFC 291 Poirier vs. Gaethje 2
yea, i watch all of the UFC events, and then i check out this site to see who won the actual boxing fights... i guess ive lost my fire for the sport.
Based

Post by Based »

TheSickness316 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:23 pm And this is happening the same night as UFC 291 Poirier vs. Gaethje 2
And that card is stacked too. I just saw a report that the UFC made over 350mil from profits last year, and they paid their fights %16 of their annual income for that year. Spence and Crawford about to make 8 figured each just based on name value. The UFC fighter needs a union lol
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

You have to wonder about the intelligence of these clowns running boxing. Why not the week before or the week after the UFC event? WTF??
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Cagiva9 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:00 am You have to wonder about the intelligence of these clowns running boxing. Why not the week before or the week after the UFC event? WTF??
At best do it the week before, because the week after is WWE Summerslam. But yeah, you'd think they'd look this shit up before hand.
Based

Post by Based »

No one has pulled out yet, and it's been a week lol
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

TheSickness316 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:45 pm
Cagiva9 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:00 am You have to wonder about the intelligence of these clowns running boxing. Why not the week before or the week after the UFC event? WTF??
At best do it the week before, because the week after is WWE Summerslam. But yeah, you'd think they'd look this shit up before hand.
Aren't the WWE PPVs on Sundays? Just asking... I know they started to do wrestlemanias on sat and sun but thought thst was it

I am also surprisdd they pitted this vs a stacked ufc ppv
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

the13r wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:56 pm
TheSickness316 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:45 pm
Aren't the WWE PPVs on Sundays? Just asking... I know they started to do wrestlemanias on sat and sun but thought thst was it

I am also surprisdd they pitted this vs a stacked ufc ppv
They recently started doing PPV on Saturday last year. And I love that they started doing that.

I'm not surprised at all. Not the 1st time boxing has done this. You'd think they'd learn their lesson, but they haven't.

If Boxing was ran the UFC way (like W. Sauerland & Don King) we'd still get stacked PPVs that would sell.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Based

Post by Based »

Spence is right, Crawford has had the best match makers in boxing. I would say Spence had a harder time with Brook and Porter, because they were champions at the time and were in their primes when they fought. TC had Porter at the end of his career, and Brook was way past his prime and got stopped on a jab lol
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Based wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:17 pm Spence is right, Crawford has had the best match makers in boxing. I would say Spence had a harder time with Brook and Porter, because they were champions at the time and were in their primes when they fought. TC had Porter at the end of his career, and Brook was way past his prime and got stopped on a jab lol
Spence fought Brook less than a year after Brook muscled up to 160, got his eye socket crushed and a plate put into his face. Surely you are not giving much credit to that fight.
Based

Post by Based »

I give it credit to Spence because Brook fought really well, and even fought well against GGG, until the round he got stopped in. GGG really didnt put a beating on him, that fight was stopped early because they knew GGG was gonna eat him alive. After his loss to Spence, he was lackluster in all his fights.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Spence fought Brook less than a year after Brook muscled up to 160, got his eye socket crushed and a plate put into his face. Surely you are not giving much credit to that fight.
And Spence broke the other side of his face. Spence went to Brook's hometown, and beat a FAR better version of Brook than the one that Crawford fought. There's no debating that.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:15 pm
And Spence broke the other side of his face. Spence went to Brook's hometown, and beat a FAR better version of Brook than the one that Crawford fought. There's no debating that.
No debating that??

Even if Kell's face was fine, which obviously it wasn't, the fact that Kell had fought at 160 less than 12 months before he met Spence at 147, makes your statement absurd.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

No debating that??

Even if Kell's face was fine, which obviously it wasn't, the fact that Kell had fought at 160 less than 12 months before he met Spence at 147, makes your statement absurd.
You thinking that a guy, who had both sides of his face crushed by GGG and Spence...was better 3 years later, after fighting 3 fights at 154, and went down to face Crawford at 147...is absurd.

Just think about what you're saying....
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:48 am
No debating that??

You thinking that a guy, who had both sides of his face crushed by GGG and Spence...was better 3 years later, after fighting 3 fights at 154, and went down to face Crawford at 147...is absurd.

Just think about what you're saying....
To me, under the circumstances, it wasn't advisable for Kell to even take the Spence fight so soon. When you think about that, I don't know how you can disagree but apparently you do.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

What will Spence try to impose, how, what's his most efficient game Vs Crawford?

Same for Crawford?
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Bud hands down.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Yeah no many picking Spence
Based

Post by Based »

the13r wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:07 pm What will Spence try to impose, how, what's his most efficient game Vs Crawford?

Same for Crawford?
I think Spence is going to do what he does, and thats control his distance, work off the jab and not run into anything big. Spence cant KO Crawford with one punch, hes a grinder, Crawford is the one with that kind of power. Crawford start slow and finishes strong, because he takes his time to read his opponents offense to effectively counter him after he figures their attack out,
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”