Usyk vs Fury/Wilder

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

How do they play out?

You may select 1 option

View results

marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Usyk vs Fury/Wilder

Post by marciano1952 »

How do you see these fights?

Iv Said for years Fury is the Hardest fight at Heavy for Usyk and Wilder would be the Easiest....Fury in My Opinon is a Massive Challenge for Usyk Style Wise Given the 6" in height and 40+lb weight difference on top of Being a really good Boxer and willing to make it a dirty fight.....

Usyk's foot work makes Wilder look like a Fool IMO
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Re: Usyk vs Fury/Wilder

Post by FightFanAL »

Summed it up nicely. I think Usyk is incredibly skilled but the height and weight plus ring intelligence of Fury and his own skill level gives him the nod. Wilder could, in theory, beat anyone with one punch but he's so damn lazy that I just can't pick him.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I agree with the OP. I think Usyk is capable of beating Fury but it would be very difficult. Fury would be the favourite. I think Usyk would beat Wilder easily.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Right now, I'd favour him vs Wilder but not against Fury. Fury has some of the strengths that Usyk does, but in a much bigger package. I think he's more capable of dealing with Usyk's movement and skill, whereas Wilder is the type of fighter Usyk would shine against, though of course obviously the KO threat is there.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

One thing imo that was underestimated in Usyk's gameplan vs Joshua is how he kept changing directions with his footwork... That was in an effort to make Joshua shift more weight while moving... It worked perfectly.

I Think the same exact tactic of brutally and rapidly changing direction could neutralise most of Fury's mobility and agility for a big guy. It will throw him off-balance and will make Fury look cruder.

But I can see Fury having success doging straights and retaliating with straights of his and landing like Joshua did.

Ultimately I think Fury looks great when his style can negate and mute lots of his opponents'offensive tactics. I don't think it will be the case Vs Usyk who just has to box at a higher rate than Fury while remaining evasive and out of reach.

I think Usyk can make it happen... As long as he stays focus which could be difficult for a cocky guy like Usyk who is facing a wild card of cockyness.

Wilder is a bag of flaws with KTFO pop... Usyk has a pletora of ways to outbox and exploit Wilder's flaws. BUT Usyk can be hit rather early in fights... Usyk would have to be careful early imo... I could see Wilder landing a BIG shot early and taking away Usyk's focus and lucidity that gives him such great execution.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Fury did have 2 of his tougher fights with opponents a bit like Usyk (Wallin and USS), at least compared to his other opposition...so maybe Usyk could do better than we expect in that one.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Wilder would Never get set to throw anything meaningful.....His Feet would be 10 moves behind Usyk....The threat is there but not really...
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

It's a lot of range to cover for a smaller guy getting in the line of fire and back out. A short clip shot could be enough to open the opportunity to fire a bomb
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

The same is true with Princess AJ, could it happen? Absolutely, will it happen? That's part of the beauty of the game.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Look how Usyk looked against Chisora, and how he looked against AJ. AJ tried to be cute, and box with a master boxer, and looked silly losing a lopsided decision. Chisora just did what he does, and was a bull. He lost, but he looked a lot better than AJ, and definitely had Usyk uncomfortable for most of that fight.

My point is: Wilder's crudeness and power, will be to his advantage. The less he respects Usyk, the better for him. Now will he win? Who knows. But of he comes right after Usyk, he does a lot better than AJ did.

Now Fury can take a cutesy approach, or a straight forward approach against Usyk. Add to that his advantage,and I'd definitely favor him over Usyk.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Wilder is fairly stand-offish and doesn't do much in between probing for right hands, although he does go wild when he hurts someone. I think his stamina is better than AJ's and might make him a greater late threat, though I think Usyk would most likely take another decision.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Wilder and Chisora are not similar fighters at all....Wilder would not Come at Usyk pushing him in the Ropes and trying to wear him down.....he would probe with the jab waiting for a chance to get set and deliver a power shot.....a chance i do not see coming for him...
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I'm thinking 12 rounds of Wilder's worst Szpilka moments. I could be wrong because with Wilder, it just takes one but I'd bet on Usyk winning at least 10 rounds.

I don't see a way Usyk beats Fury but I was pretty sure he wouldn't beat Joshua, so there's that.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

Too small for Fury.

Outboxes Wilder w/ease
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

I think Wilder flat lines him… always felt AJ was the worst of the big 3… Usyk may make Wilder look silly for every second that he’s on his feet, but Wilder has landed on tougher opponents (Fury) and hurt them badly…

I know Usyk moves better than even Fury does but he doesn’t pose nearly the same issues.. Deontay is a tough tough dude and if he isn’t damaged from this last Fury fight, I think he KO’s Usyk ugly

But I thought AJ would beat Usyk too, so there’s that
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I could see Usyk getting dropped but still beating him on points. Wilder obviously has huge power but I don't think it's as simple as him needing 1 shot. Guys have gotten up to beat him or give him trouble before: Fury, Ortiz, and even Eric Molina. Duhaupas took 11 rounds of huge shots off him and never went down. He doesn't just wipe out guys as soon as he touches them each fight, and in Usyk you have a defensibly responsible fighter with excellent conditioning - which help a lot with survival and getting out of rough spots. I think fighting disciplined he's tougher to hit than a bigger man like Fury as well, though I think Fury can do more damage.

My guess is that it's all downhill now for Wilder, coming off 2 straight KOs and getting a prolonged battering with a brutal ending like that at 36. He'll probably be at least 37 if he fights again and based on his response to the first loss I doubt he takes the 2nd well. I'm not sure if he fights again even, he was talking about retirement right before the fight.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Wilder would Trip over himself trying to Find Usyk....the difference in footwork is out fo this world.....Wilder would Never come close to finding Usyk....

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”