Manny Pacquiao Admits: My Boxing Career is Already Over

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Manny Pacquiao Admits: My Boxing Career is Already Over

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pacqu ... er--160692

Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao, 42-years-old, has more or less confirmed that he will likely never fight again after a Hall of Fame career that spanned 72 professional fights.

Last month, Pacquiao snapped a two-year layoff when he lost a twelve round unanimous decision to WBA welterweight champion champion Yordenis Ugas.

Pacquiao's prior fight, in July 2019, saw him win a twelve round decision over unbeaten Keith Thurman to capture the WBA title.

This past weekend, Pacquiao announced that he was entering the 2022 Presidential race in the Philippines.

Over the last few months, the Filipino superstar has been campaigning against government corruption in his country - and especially against the relationship between President Rodrigo Duterte and China. Pacquiao has accepted a nomination by the PDP-Laban Party to run against Duterte.

Over the last decade, Pacquiao's aspirations have been shifting from boxing to politics.

"My boxing career? My boxing career is already over," Pacquiao said, speaking to YouTube channel Toni Talks.

"It's done because I've been in boxing for a long time and my family says that it is enough. I just continued [to box] because I'm passionate about this sport."

If Pacquiao remains on the sidelines, his final career tally will see 62 victories, eight defeats, 39 wins by knockout, and two draws.

He began his career in 1995 and won his first world title in 1998 at flyweight.

In what many saw as unbelievable, Pacquiao continued to rise in weight, winning titles along the way, with his highest belt being captured at junior middleweight with a dominant decision over Antonio Margarito at a catch-weight of 150-pounds in 2010.

"I will just support other boxers for us to have a champion again in the Philippines," Pacquiao said.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: Manny Pacquiao Admits: My Boxing Career is Already Over

Post by straycat »

Well Deserved Manny
Thanks for your tremendous contribution to the sport
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

A truly old school ATG career like we wont see often anymore
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Good Decision....Literally no way he can improve on his Legacy.....a Career many of us will likely never see again....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

I remember getting laughed clear out of town for suggesting Manny could Beat Ricky Hatton. A year or more later guess who had the last laugh.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

straycat wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:05 pm I remember getting laughed clear out of town for suggesting Manny could Beat Ricky Hatton. A year or more later guess who had the last laugh.
I remember picking Pacquiao to beat De La Hoya in the Superfights Challenge not because I thought Pacquiao would win but as a protest against De La Hoya taking the fight. I lucked out with that one!
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Pac announced his retirement. Greatest career I will ever see.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”