September Basho starts on September 12

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

September Basho starts on September 12

Post by Primetyme199 »

Hakuho and his stablemates will miss the tournament because multiple Rikishi’s have tested positive for COVID.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Re: September Basho starts on September 12

Post by Primetyme199 »

So far from the Makuuchi and Juryo division that will be absent

East Yokozuna Hakuho(Miyagino Beya)

East Sekiwake Asanoyama(Takasago Beya)

East Maegashira #12 Ishiura(Miyagino Beya)

East Juryo #11 Enho(Miyagino Beya)

West Juryo #12 Hokuseiho(Miyagino Beya)

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Takakeisho still clearly struggling with the injury that put him out of the last tournament is not looking good so far this tournament. I think he's gonna lose his rank of Ozeki. Hopefully he can recover soon, but I don't look for it to happen in this Basho, unfortunately for him.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

gilgamesh wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:12 pm Takakeisho still clearly struggling with the injury that put him out of the last tournament is not looking good so far this tournament. I think he's gonna lose his rank of Ozeki. Hopefully he can recover soon, but I don't look for it to happen in this Basho, unfortunately for him.
I haven't watched any of it yet, it's on my DVR. Just my opinion but if he's struggling he might as well withdraw and heal rather then risk more injury if he's going to lose Ozeki anyway. Give himself some extra healing time.

Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Takakeisho is 2-3 now, he might hold on...

Hoshoryu, who many hype as a future yokozuna, got off to a good start, but is now 1-4 and sidelined at least for a couple bouts with tonsillitis.

Terunofuji looking like the man at the moment, but Mitakeumi and Shodai are both performing well enough to be threats.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”