58-year-old Evander Holyfield controversially stopped by Belfort

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
NoPropaganda 253

Re: 58-year-old Evander Holyfield not licensed by CSAC, Triller moves Belfort event to Florida to bypass issue •NOW LIVE

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

The non competitive, uninspiring embarrassment which we know as contemporary boxing has allowed for this type shit to arise and prosper. 58 year old, punchy in his 40's Evander Holyfield shouldn't be allowed to take single shot to the head in any type of competition and scumbags shouldn't be able to profit from it. That said, I could watch Tito Ortiz get his stupid ass knocked out 7 days a week. This sport is in a terrible state. Thoughts and prayers and what not.
Just a guy

Re: 58-year-old Evander Holyfield not licensed by CSAC, Triller moves Belfort event to Florida to bypass issue •NOW LIVE

Post by Just a guy »

Agreed, NoProp.

When Floyd Mayweather versus Logan Paul is the highest grossing PPV... that is just a sad state.

How are YouTube 'content creators' millionaires, anyway? Teenagers doing teenage things, then becoming adults and doing teenage things... that makes tons of money.

I haven't been watching too much boxing of late, but I certainly didn't watch Floyd vs. Paul, Woodley vs. Paul, Tito versus Silva (although, that would have been an enjoyable watch if I am being honest), or 75 year old Holyfield vs. Belfort. Not for free, assuming I could find it for free. If I am going to watch fake sports for entertainment, I strongly prefer wrestling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I am quickly becoming a fan of bareknuckle... it's like club boxing in that the level of talent ain't THAT high yet so you have quick brutal fights... But there is that element of je ne sais quoi in which anything can happen... NO BS... and the pace of the shows promoted by the top guys in BKB is insane... fight after fight after fight... it's entertainment without BS... feels better than toughmen contest but often it's pretty crude... should be interesting to see how the talent level will grow because it's rapidly gaining momentum and every fighter wants a crack at it... Apparently we will soon have big name matchups...
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Paulie was calling fights on a circuit that had a triangular ring last night
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Tocsin wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:33 am He was definitely wobbling. Legs looked terrible.
Not saying as I know but I suspect he’s got balance and reflex issues unrelated to what happened this Saturday night.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:12 am The non competitive, uninspiring embarrassment which we know as contemporary boxing has allowed for this type shit to arise and prosper. 58 year old, punchy in his 40's Evander Holyfield shouldn't be allowed to take single shot to the head in any type of competition and scumbags shouldn't be able to profit from it. That said, I could watch Tito Ortiz get his stupid ass knocked out 7 days a week. This sport is in a terrible state. Thoughts and prayers and what not.
I love when people posted the knockout of Ortiz
Tito Ortiz on Twitter.
NoPropaganda 253

TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:31 am
NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:12 am The non competitive, uninspiring embarrassment which we know as contemporary boxing has allowed for this type shit to arise and prosper. 58 year old, punchy in his 40's Evander Holyfield shouldn't be allowed to take single shot to the head in any type of competition and scumbags shouldn't be able to profit from it. That said, I could watch Tito Ortiz get his stupid ass knocked out 7 days a week. This sport is in a terrible state. Thoughts and prayers and what not.
I love when people posted the knockout of Ortiz
Tito Ortiz on Twitter.
Oh ya. That guy is the gift that keeps on giving. Human Jelly Of Month Club. He's not done either. Now he's calling out one of the You Tube Dork Bro's to come take his chin for the right price. Tito left his self respect in some random octagon years ago.
NoPropaganda 253

the13r wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:39 pm I am quickly becoming a fan of bareknuckle... it's like club boxing in that the level of talent ain't THAT high yet so you have quick brutal fights... But there is that element of je ne sais quoi in which anything can happen... NO BS... and the pace of the shows promoted by the top guys in BKB is insane... fight after fight after fight... it's entertainment without BS... feels better than toughmen contest but often it's pretty crude... should be interesting to see how the talent level will grow because it's rapidly gaining momentum and every fighter wants a crack at it... Apparently we will soon have big name matchups...
Names have to fight somewhere right? With boxing, it's such an easy fix and so difficult all at the same time. Make competitive fights vs. talent in the same division and fans will pay to watch that shit. Covid compounded an already fucked business model muddled by networks, streaming services, a-side status ambitions and enabling by corrupt alphabets. No light at the end of the tunnel from this end. The whole thing has to burn.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/9/13/2 ... rson-silva

The absolute best is Lee Murray trolled Ortiz from the Morroccan prison he's in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

the schedule just sucks. good fights aren't getting made. Vergil Ortiz v Fortuna card was good. I'm somewhat interested in watching Joshua vs Usyk.
kewlmodee

Post by kewlmodee »

Canvas wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:06 pm the schedule just sucks. good fights aren't getting made. Vergil Ortiz v Fortuna card was good. I'm somewhat interested in watching Joshua vs Usyk.
Umm...
Sep 25 - Joshua vs Usyk
Oct 9 - Fury vs Wilder III
Oct 16 - Estrada vs Chocolatito III
Oct 23 - Herring vs Stevenson
Nov 6 - Canelo vs Plant
Nov 20 - Crawford vs Porter
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

kewlmodee wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:48 am
Canvas wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:06 pm the schedule just sucks. good fights aren't getting made. Vergil Ortiz v Fortuna card was good. I'm somewhat interested in watching Joshua vs Usyk.
Umm...
Sep 25 - Joshua vs Usyk
Nov 6 - Canelo vs Plant
yes I know. Some solid fights, but not the ones we really want. We are getting Joshua and Fury fighting other fighters instead of each other. I've seen Fury beat Wilder twice already. We are getting Crawford v Porter instead of Crawford/Spence. And the majority of the year has sucked. There have been stretches of months where nothing has interested me. I'm tired of it. I blame the fighters primarily. Canelo has been a bright spot.
Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

kewlmodee wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:48 am
Umm...
Sep 25 - Joshua vs Usyk
Nov 6 - Canelo vs Plant
Estrada-Chocolatito III has been postponed. Apparently Chocolatito got Covid or Estrada didn't like the money he was being offered and left camp in protest.

Whatever it was...the fight isn't happening in October. November is more likely if they can work something out.
kewlmodee

Post by kewlmodee »

Canvas wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:49 pm yes I know. Some solid fights, but not the ones we really want. We are getting Joshua and Fury fighting other fighters instead of each other. I've seen Fury beat Wilder twice already. We are getting Crawford v Porter instead of Crawford/Spence. And the majority of the year has sucked. There have been stretches of months where nothing has interested me. I'm tired of it. I blame the fighters primarily. Canelo has been a bright spot.
I feel ya. My biggest frustration is with the guys at 135.
kewlmodee

Post by kewlmodee »

Slippery Pete II wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:00 am
Estrada-Chocolatito III has been postponed. Apparently Chocolatito got Covid or Estrada didn't like the money he was being offered and left camp in protest.

Whatever it was...the fight isn't happening in October. November is more likely if they can work something out.
Damn. Honestly as much as I'd like to see them fight again, either of those guys fighting Ioka, Donaire, or Inoue would be amazing.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

kewlmodee wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:15 pm
Canvas wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:49 pm yes I know. Some solid fights, but not the ones we really want. We are getting Joshua and Fury fighting other fighters instead of each other. I've seen Fury beat Wilder twice already. We are getting Crawford v Porter instead of Crawford/Spence. And the majority of the year has sucked. There have been stretches of months where nothing has interested me. I'm tired of it. I blame the fighters primarily. Canelo has been a bright spot.
I feel ya. My biggest frustration is with the guys at 135.
Me too. These punks at 135 are a perfect example of what is killing boxing. Delusional, entitled little divas.

You got guys like Shawn Porter and Canelo who manage to fight everyone.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”