Hearn: Chris Arreola is Probably The Frontrunner For Dillian Whyte

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Hearn: Chris Arreola is Probably The Frontrunner For Dillian Whyte

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-chris ... te--160293

Eddie Hearn, promoter for heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte, has named world title challenger Chris Arreola as the 'frontrunner' to face his boxer.

Whyte, 33-years-old, was expected to fight in the United States in the fall - but is now going to return to the ring in the UK.

Whyte was in action earlier this year, when he stopped Alexander Povetkin in the fourth round of their rematch. The British fighter was knocked out cold by Povtekin last August.

Arreola was in action back in May, when he lost a twelve round unanimous decision to former unified champion Andy Ruiz.

He did well in the first half of the fight, by dropping Ruiz in the second and then rocking him in the third.

"With everything opening up, [it’s] the opportunity for him to fight at the O2 again. It’s been over two years since he’s boxed in the UK in front of fans. Chris Arreola is probably the frontrunner," Hearn told Talk Sport.

"That's the fight I like because Arreola brings a war every time he fights, he just had a great fight with Andy Ruiz, and Dillian wants to fight Andy Ruiz. So that would be a good statement to fight him. We're gonna do another massive show at the O2, we've got a press conference tomorrow to announce some interesting news as well. Dillian Whyte back doing what he does best in all-out wars at the O2 as normality is upon us.

"I don’t think he’s ever been content because we all feel like we haven’t got what’s fair with the WBC. But it’s like a broken record, isn’t it? That will play on in the background legally, but he’s got to go out and do what he does. Fight, entertain, have fun, keep pushing his cause. Fights like Arreola - that will be picked up on a significant level in America - are gonna keep pushing his profile and pushing the fact that he deserves a shot at the world title."
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: Hearn: Chris Arreola is Probably The Frontrunner For Dillian Whyte

Post by straycat »

Would it be a better statement to fight Ruiz?
He brangs a war to you know.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Ya, and it would've been a better statement for Ruiz to beat Whyte instead of getting dropped and hurt by Arreola. As happens too often, the guys who should be fighting each other instead recycle the same opponents between them.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Danny Williams is 2nd
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I hope not. That is a garbage fight.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

This is why boxing never gets anywhere.....Rarly do Contenders fight each other just recycle the same showcase fighters over and over
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

marciano1952 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:20 am This is why boxing never gets anywhere.....Rarly do Contenders fight each other just recycle the same showcase fighters over and over
True, but Whyte has not been one of those guys. He has one of the better resumes` in recent years. This fight would be a let down for sure. I think Whyte feels he is owed an easier fight to keep busy. Fuck this fight. Terrible. I hope they find someone better.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Whyte vs Wallin announced Oct 30 in London. Much better fight than Arreola. Thank goodness. I like it.

Whyte challenges himself.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”