FURY & WILDER Trade KDs in a KTFO Barn Burner!!!

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Canvas

FURY & WILDER Trade KDs in a KTFO Barn Burner!!!

Post by Canvas »

The arbitrator ruled in Bumeontay's favour. Arum is a liar. AJ vs Fury wont happen. Arum and Fury wasted all of Hearn's hard work in getting this deal done.

Joshua vs Usyk and Fury vs Bumeontay next most likely.

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury- ... ht--157712
Hillsinitialrebirth

Re: Fury v Wilder 3 next

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

I was just about to post this.

But I don't think Scumbag Bob ever said it was a done deal, he said it was dead in the water, and had been casting doubt.

Hearn was the one making official announcements on the venue, monetary terms, and so forth. Without actually announcing the actual fight.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:09 pm I was just about to post this.

But I don't think Scumbag Bob ever said it was a done deal, he said it was dead in the water, and had been casting doubt.

Hearn was the one making official announcements on the venue, monetary terms, and so forth. Without actually announcing the actual fight.

I think Fury said it was a done deal not Arum.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/5/17/2 ... -news-2021

Chris McKenna of the Daily Star broke the news Monday that an arbitrator has ruled in favor of Deontay Wilder, determining that Tyson Fury is contractually obligated to face the “Bronze Bomber” for a third time.

In their last match-up in Feb. 2020, Fury dominated the fight from the opening bell, dropping and eventually stopping Wilder in the seventh round when Mark Breland threw in the towel. The pair were meant to collide for a third fight in July 2020, which was postponed to October, and then December due to the pandemic and a lingering injury for Wilder.

Attempts were made to reschedule the bout for 2021, but Tyson Fury and his team felt that the rematch clause had by this point expired and chose to move on from the trilogy in the pursuit of a new (and honestly more enticing) matchup with Anthony Joshua.

Negotiations for the undisputed heavyweight championship between Fury and Joshua seemed to have moved pretty far along, with Bob Arum claiming to have secured an August 14 date for this mega-event (and Fury “announcing” the fight yesterday).

However, judge Daniel Weinstein’s decision that Fury must face Wilder before September 15 really throws all of these plans into disarray. It is unclear if Team Fury will be able to appeal the decision, so stay tuned for updates.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

I think Fury said it was a done deal not Arum.
Exactly.

Arum was always shitting on the fight from the get go.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Fury is fucked. Now they have to either pay Wilder a ton of money to step aside or, we have to wait until the end of the year at the earliest for the fight with Joshua. And if Joshua takes a fight in the mean time, and either lose, the fight is gone. They should have just waited for the decision by the arbitrator before saying all this shit about the Joshua fight.
lakerlegacy1

Post by lakerlegacy1 »

Did anyone really think Fury would win the arbitration? Deontay/Champ agrees to fight and includes a rematch clause. Fury wins and decides to explore other options. Kind of snakeish of Fury to try and weasel his way out of rematch.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

lakerlegacy1 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:15 pm Did anyone really think Fury would win the arbitration? Deontay/Champ agrees to fight and includes a rematch clause. Fury wins and decides to explore other options. Kind of snakeish of Fury to try and weasel his way out of rematch.
Exactly
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I wonder if they'd have a rematch clause for a 3rd fight lol
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Primetyme199

Fury already trolling Wilder

Post by Primetyme199 »

Fury put this out on Twitter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

the13r
TTR

Re: Fury already trolling Wilder

Post by the13r »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Tocsin

Re: Bob Arum: Deontay Wilder won’t get step-aside money, better to just do third Tyson Fury fight

Post by Tocsin »

Fury's side basically stuck their head in the sand and hoped that Wilder would go away. He didn't.

It was Fury's contract and Fury's court case, not Hean's or AJ's. Even if they were previously to blame for other things, it wasn't their fault here.
Canvas

Re: Bob Arum: Deontay Wilder won’t get step-aside money, better to just do third Tyson Fury fight

Post by Canvas »

The question I have is, who is going to want to underwrite this promotion and cover each fighters' guarantee? The last fight lost money even after massive promotion and was one sided.
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Canvas wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:11 pm The question I have is, who is going to want to underwrite this promotion and cover each fighters' guarantee? The last fight lost money even after massive promotion and was one sided.

The last fight lost money?
straycat

Post by straycat »

>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Apparently Fury is saying Wilder wants 20 million to step aside. Fury is saying no to that. I'm sorry, but Wilder should be getting at least 20 million. I mean, based on everything, Fury would be getting 75 million just from the site fee. I don't think Wilder is wrong with this demand if it's true. I would take no less than 20 million if I were him.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Maybe the rich Saudis who were helping fund AJ-Fury can offer up some of the step aside, for them it's like a drop in the ocean

With the massive $$$ involved in AJ-Fury, Wilder would be stupid to not try for a huge step-aside fee.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Tocsin wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:40 pm Maybe the rich Saudis who were helping fund AJ-Fury can offer up some of the step aside, for them it's like a drop in the ocean

With the massive $$$ involved in AJ-Fury, Wilder would be stupid to not try for a huge step-aside fee.
Exactly. Besides, considering how much he could get from a 3rd fight with Fury, the money needs to be worth to step aside especially if he isn't guaranteed the next fight.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

straycat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:49 am https://youtu.be/J-B8zgFB8Ec
not gonna help his god awful footwork and inability to fight when under pressure
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

He should take the step-aside money and wait his turn again. It's free money.
Take the money and then go and fight Andy Ruiz for another good chunk of change.
straycat

Post by straycat »

>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

marciano1952 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:28 pm
straycat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:49 am https://youtu.be/J-B8zgFB8Ec
not gonna help his god awful footwork and inability to fight when under pressure
Exactly, unless he learns how to box instead of relying only on his right hand he's going to be in trouble. If he would take the time and learn to use footwork, an uppercut, etc he would be much better. He said it himself in previous interviews he doesn't work on those things or want to work on them because he can turn out the lights with 1 punch so why bother.

straycat

Post by straycat »

He could probably position himself to counter a check hook when Fury comes in. A few added variables would make some differences no doubt but his higher %age chances are still hoping to clip him with a game changing punch, and Fury staying down this time of course.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

straycat wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:20 am He could probably position himself to counter a check hook when Fury comes in. A few added variables would make some differences no doubt but his higher %age chances are still hoping to clip him with a game changing punch, and Fury staying down this time of course.
Of course that's his best chance but why wouldn't he try and maximize that chance by actually being able to set it up better. That's what baffles me, he could make it easier to land that punch by doing basic things instead of loading up and waiting and waiting and waiting for the chance to throw it.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”