FURY & WILDER Trade KDs in a KTFO Barn Burner!!!

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

Re: FURY vs WILDER III •MAIN EVENT ABOUT TO START•

Post by the13r »

Wilder is showing heart! He is tough
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

What a fight by Wilder... taking massive punishment... surviving and capitalizing on some opportunities left by Fury's lack of finishing tools... Wilder spinning on the inside and landing big hooks.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

Fury is going to win this fight, but I am impressed with Wilder's heart and determination.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Wilder has big balls but someone should stop this.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

FURY DROPS WILDER in Round 10
with some pretty slick moves defensively at this stage of the fight

https://uploadir.com/u/4wbhx7n5

Wilder is TOUGH!!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

FURY BY NASTY KTFO!!!
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Great fight!!! Two heavies fighting like Heavies. Congrats to Fury on the win, congrats to Wilder for a great effort, congrats to both guys for a helluva fight.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

that was getting ugly. Wonder what new excuses we'll get. very fun fight. Fury is just too good for Wilder

Wilder showed a ton of heart.
Last edited by Canvas on Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

That was quite a fight. To look at Wilder's legs, you would have thought that it was one-sided the whole way - and yet, Wilder was always there. Good performance by Fury most of the way through, but overshadowed to me by how much punishment that Wilder took before going down.

Fury adjusted some, began to move better and give angles, and threw more fluid combinations after getting knocked down.

Homer J. Simpson
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

That was unhealthy and unnecessary
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Just a guy

Re: FURY & WILDER Trade KDs in a KTFO Barn Burner!!!

Post by Just a guy »

You are probably right, Marc.

Wilder didn't look right for most of the fight - but the way he was throwing made it hard to see where to stop it. The stoppage was good... could have stopped it on the previous knockdown.

Homer J. Simpson
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I wouldn't be ashamed if I was Wilder... WOW... He would've defeated lots of HWs tonight...
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Real fun fight. Better man won. Ref kind of sucked. Blamed fury for headlocks when wilder kept ducking, then had a terribly slow count when wilder dropped fury the 2nd time. Stopped at 5 to tell wilder to go to his corner and picked back up at 6. Didnt matter obv fury wasnt out but just sloppy refereeing on an otherwise awesome fight
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Wilder looked more like his legs were gassed for most of the fight than hurt. Furys clinching and leaning on him wore on those chicken legs. Between that and some good shots, They were jello after like 3 rounds
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

The guy clearly always wanted to be a singer but hey had to settle for HW champ... and while having a full arena, why not have fun lol
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Great fight, but brutal for Wilder....that was a nasty ending after a lot of punishment.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Wilder refusing to shake Fury's hand after, come on man!
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Wilder was pouring blood out of his ear. He needs to go yo the hospital not do interviews. He took some punishment. Hope hes ok.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Tocsin wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:52 pm Wilder refusing to shake Fury's hand after, come on man!
This is the guy who Wanted a Body on his Record....so....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

LOL, Brian Kenney trying to sell a FOURTH fight. How many times does Fury have to beat on this guy? Is BK trying to get Wilder killed?
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

TopNotch86 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:48 pm Real fun fight. Better man won. Ref kind of sucked. Blamed fury for headlocks when wilder kept ducking, then had a terribly slow count when wilder dropped fury the 2nd time. Stopped at 5 to tell wilder to go to his corner and picked back up at 6. Didnt matter obv fury wasnt out but just sloppy refereeing on an otherwise awesome fight
When a boxer is knocked down, the referee shall direct the opponent to move to the farthest neutral corner of the ring. If the opponent leaves the neutral corner, the referee shall interrupt the count and will not resume the count until the opponent returns to the neutral corner.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Canvas wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:00 am LOL, Brian Kenney trying to sell a FOURTH fight. How many times does Fury have to beat on this guy? Is BK trying to get Wilder killed?
I guarantee if they had an immediate 4th fight, you'd still get the same people having a 'feeling' that Wilder is gonna KO him. Even after 60-52 battering Wilder, we still had guys saying Fury was gonna get his ass whooped!

To be fair though, it was a great fight, but now let's have some god damn Fury-Usyk! Undisputed baby!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

yeah fury Usyk is the fight to make
BadlyBrowned
______

Post by BadlyBrowned »

Wilder fought with his balls out and everything he had but it wasn't enough. He trained exactly how he needed to in order to have a chance but Fury was too much.

only thing I'm mad about is I really wish Wilder vs Joshua was made before their stocks took a nosedive cause they both lost twice, and because of matchmaking we lost out on having a pretty awesome "whoever lands first" heavyweight championship fight

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”