USYK defeated JOSHUA

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Who wins?

You may select 1 option

View results

Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

USYK defeated JOSHUA

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/6/10/2 ... -news-2021

According to Oleksandr Usyk’s promoter, Alexander Krassyuk, most points have been agreed in order to stage Anthony Joshua’s WBO mandatory title defense.

Usyk had originally planned to step aside for what would’ve been an undisputed heavyweight title unification between Joshua and Tyson Fury, but once that fight fell apart Usyk wasted no time in demanding his shot at the world title.

Krassyuk would continue by assuring that there aren’t any major obstacles standing in the way of the fight so is expecting the fight to be officially over the line in the coming days.

“We hope that we will sign the contract by the end of the week. Most of the issues have been coordinated and agreed. Usyk’s confidence is at sky level.”

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn largely echoed the same sentiment, saying that Usyk is the most likely fight for Joshua next but is obviously engaging other fighters as potential options. And seeing how Hearn previously put all his marbles into the AJ-Fury fight, it’s probably not such a bad idea.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Joshua vs. Usyk Will Have a Rematch Clause, Says Hearn

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-vs-u ... rn--158438

Eddie Hearn, promoter for IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, has confirmed that there will be a rematch clause in the upcoming fight with Oleksandr Usyk.

Usyk is the WBO's mandatory challenger - and in many situations there are no rematch clauses in mandatory fights.

However, the individual parties do have the right to negotiate between themselves to set their own contract terms.

Back in 2019, Andy Ruiz shocked the world when he stopped Joshua in seven rounds to capture the heavyweight crown.

The Mexican boxer made a fortune in the rematch, which took place in December of the same year in Saudi Arabia. Joshua outboxed Ruiz to secure a twelve round unanimous decision to reclaim the heavyweight crown.

Should Usyk pull off the upset, there would be a major payday in store for him in the second fight, says Hearn.

"There will be a [rematch] clause. All the terms are agreed... when you talk about a rematch clause that's also the biggest fight that a fighter could have," Hearn told Boxing Social.

"So sometimes people think 'oh that's a bad thing', it's actually sometimes a good thing. Andy Ruiz ended up actually getting quite a lot of money for his rematch, but it's a massive opportunity, if Oleksandr Usyk wins he makes an absolute fortune to fight AJ again."

Usyk is a big underdog in the contest, because he hasn't been as dominant in the heavyweight division. An Olympic gold medal winner as an amateur, Usyk unified the entire cruiserweight division as a pro.

He officially moved up to heavyweight in 2019 - and has since had two fights in the weight class. Back in October, he fought through fire to win a decision over division veteran Derek Chisora.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: Joshua vs. Usyk Will Have a Rematch Clause, Says Hearn

Post by straycat »

A rematch or a rematch only if Usyk wins???
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

straycat wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:20 pm A rematch or a rematch only if Usyk wins???
Maybe they'll end up fighting 3 or 4 times!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Krassyuk doing an even better job than I expected negociating that one
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Joshua vs Usyk, How do you see it?

Post by marciano1952 »

Probably the fight I’m most looking forward to at this moment
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
chef97

Re: Joshua vs Usyk, How do you see it?

Post by chef97 »

Joshua will do well early but be gassed by the 10th and Usyk will wear him down en route to a UD win.... That's my guess but I've been wrong before... :)
Chef
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Joshua should stop him
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

I can't help but think this whole situation might have the 1st Ruiz fight all over it.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Joshua beats him convincingly. AJ is just too big, powerful, and has enough skill to offset Usyk in that department. Usyk just doesn't have the power to keep AJ honest.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I don't see a way. Ruiz hits hard enough to really hurt Joshua and he can withstand Joshua's best shot. Usyk can't do either. Eventually Joshua is going to catch Usyk with something, an uppercut or a straight right but something.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

For Me it comes down to how well Usyk an Handle/Stay away from the Power.....I think He has good enough Movement and Awkwardness to really Give Joshua some issues.....If Joshua Tries to Get Usyk out of there and Fails he could set himself up for a empty gas tank down the Line.....

I Favor Joshua for sure simply due to the size and power but i think its gonna be a interesting fight to watch unfold....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Usyk will try to impose his superior mobility, speed and upper body D to slip under the jab and counter in short flurries...

Joshua just needs to be prepared to jab a lot, sweep with the hook and land big early to get some respect.

Usyk has to be that annoying bug that you can't smash. Joshua needs to be calm and efficient.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

marciano1952 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:47 pm For Me it comes down to how well Usyk an Handle/Stay away from the Power.....I think He has good enough Movement and Awkwardness to really Give Joshua some issues.....If Joshua Tries to Get Usyk out of there and Fails he could set himself up for a empty gas tank down the Line.....

I Favor Joshua for sure simply due to the size and power but i think its gonna be a interesting fight to watch unfold....
Usyk definitely has enough skill to give him problems…

But I don’t think he has enough to win. He’s very good, but he’s not special. AJ is average in the skill department, but he’s huge and isn’t a complete idiot. He’ll land eventually
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Usyk should win some rounds and outbox Joshua for a bit, but AJ will eventually get to him, whether that's a stoppage, or hitting him hard enough to put him in survival mode and win a UD. I think even shots on the gloves will jar Usyk and push him back.

Usyk isn't quite slick enough to pull off outboxing him long enough to win IMO.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

marciano1952 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:47 pm For Me it comes down to how well Usyk an Handle/Stay away from the Power.....I think He has good enough Movement and Awkwardness to really Give Joshua some issues.....If Joshua Tries to Get Usyk out of there and Fails he could set himself up for a empty gas tank down the Line.....

That would be the most interesting scenario for me - if AJ comes out gunning and tries to end it quick. Because he can gas and Usyk has a good tank.

In AJ's last 2 he has boxed very measured though, maybe taking a lesson from the first Ruiz fight, so I don't think he'll come out gunning and surely his team wouldn't want that either.
Primetyme199

Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk official for Sept. 25

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/7/20/2 ... -news-2021

DAZN and promoter Eddie Hearn announced Tuesday that Anthony Joshua will make his long-awaited title defense against challenger Oleksandr Usyk on September 25th in London, England. Usyk was granted his mandatory position by the WBO by virtue of being their champion in the weight class below (cruiserweight).

Up until recently, it appeared that Usyk would have to wait his turn while Joshua took on fellow Brit Tyson Fury in a massive undisputed unification bout. However, Deontay Wilder’s team came out on top in arbitration, meaning Fury will have to defend his WBC title for the first time against the man he won it against well over a year ago, and freeing Joshua to take on his mandatory in Usyk.

This is a big fight in its own right, and definitely no gimme for Joshua. As Eddie Hearn pointed out in the announcement, both men are Olympic Gold medalists, and Usyk has demonstrated his bonafides by unifying the cruiserweight division in a historic run through the WBSS. His subsequent two-fight entry into the heavyweight division has been a little underwhelming, most recently going life-and-death with Derek Chisora in October, 2020.

However, his excellent boxing ability and tricky southpaw style looks to be one that could give Anthony Joshua some problems. For Joshua, he has emerged a much more cautious boxer-puncher after his disastrous first meeting with Andy Ruiz in June 2019 before winning his titles back later that year. He flattened challenger Kubrat Pulev in the 9th round of their December meeting, and will look to build on that success against a much more worthy opponent this time around.

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Saturday 25, September 2021
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Tottenham, London, United Kingdom
commission British Boxing Board of Control
promoter Eddie Hearn (Matchroom Boxing)
matchmaker Christian Cherchi
WATCH HERE

heavy
Anthony Joshua 24 1 0
:idea:
Oleksandr Usyk 18 0 0
World Boxing Association Super World Heavy Title
International Boxing Federation World Heavy Title
World Boxing Organisation World Heavy Title
International Boxing Organization World Heavy Title

cruiser
Lawrence Okolie 16 0 0
Dilan Prasovic 15 0 0
World Boxing Organisation World Cruiser Title

light heavy
Callum Smith 27 1 0
Lenin Castillo 21 3 1

welter
Maxim Prodan 19 0 1
Florian Marku 8 0 1
International Boxing Federation International Welter Title

middle
Christopher Ousley 12 0 0
Khasan Baysangurov 21 1 0
vacant World Boxing Association Inter-Continental Middle Title

light
Campbell Hatton 3 0 0
Sonni Martinez 2 4 0

light heavy
Daniel Lapin 4 0 0
Pawel Martyniuk 4 7 0

the13r
TTR

Re: JOSHUA vs USYK, How do you see it? •Live@2pm•

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I agree about stayoing awayh from power... Usyk needs to use his superior mobility and stamina to take Joshua into deep territories where his stamina and chin could become an issue... Usyk needs to perfectly control the distance.

Like Marciano said I think minimizing the damage taken will be key... Usyk can sometimes stay a little too long in the pocket early in fights he is too confident... I don't think it willbe teh case here but i'd drop the cockyness and concentrate on making Joshua work harder, miss... the pressure to deliver the spectacle is on Joshua.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I'll be wwatching that one in the living room!
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

unfortunately I am on the road and will miss this. I drove 13 hours yesterday and will be driving all day today and tomorrow. I'm typing this from a shitty motel room in northern BC. maybe I can pull in to a town with a Tim Horton's and get a stream on wifi from my car.

Anyone know what time the main event is supposed to start?
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Should be around 5 or 6pm east

so 2 or 3 BC time

That is a hell of a drive!!
Canvas

Re: JOSHUA vs USYK, How do you see it? •Live@1pm•

Post by Canvas »

Thanks Astor.

I favour AJ to win, but I think Usyk has filled in to the weight a bit more now, and I can see a path to Usyk winning.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”