LOMA stopped NAKATANI in LV

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

LOMA stopped NAKATANI in LV

Post by the13r »

Saturday 26, June 2021
Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
promoter Bob Arum (Top Rank)
matchmaker Brad Goodman
WATCH HERE

light
Vasyl Lomachenko 14 2 0
:idea:
Masayoshi Nakatani 19 1 0

middle
Zhanibek Alimkhanuly 9 0 0
Rob Brant 26 2 0

the13r
TTR

Re: LOMA vs NAKATANI in LV

Post by the13r »

Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

I like Loma, but listening to him whine all weekend on ESPN about the Teo fight, was a bit of a turnoff.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Loma will have his hands full w/ Nakatani...
Chef
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

it's the shoulder. If he has trouble in this fight after a second surgery, that might be it.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I think Nakatani is getting underestimated. He gave the top dog Teo a tough fight and won 4-5 rounds I thought, then showed excellent determination to wear down Verdejo. Loma's body is creaky and I don't think 135 was ever his ideal weight. Nakatani also has a huge length advantage. I think it will be tougher for Loma than most expect...
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Tocsin wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:58 pm I think Nakatani is getting underestimated. He gave the top dog Teo a tough fight and won 4-5 rounds I thought, then showed excellent determination to wear down Verdejo. Loma's body is creaky and I don't think 135 was ever his ideal weight. Nakatani also has a huge length advantage. I think it will be tougher for Loma than most expect...
This.....Naktani gave Lopez a very hard night in the ring....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
the13r
TTR

Re: LOMA vs NAKATANI in LV •Live@7pm•

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

middle
Zhanibek Alimkhanuly 9 0 0
Rob Brant 26 2 0

Brant RTD after 6
https://uploadir.com/u/oexeyins
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

light
Vasyl Lomachenko 14 2 0
Masayoshi Nakatani 19 1 0
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:12 pm I like Loma, but listening to him whine all weekend on ESPN about the Teo fight, was a bit of a turnoff.
He got whooped in the teo fight. Didnt fight for 6 rounds. He only has himself to blame
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Tocsin

Re: LOMA stopped NAKATANI in LV

Post by Tocsin »

Didn't see it but I heard that Loma looked good enough

I expect him to rematch Teo, probably get beat again. I have seen him do the slow start/coast thing several times before and I think it's part of who he is rather than it being some anomaly vs Teo.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

TopNotch86 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:20 pm
Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:12 pm I like Loma, but listening to him whine all weekend on ESPN about the Teo fight, was a bit of a turnoff.
He got whooped in the teo fight. Didnt fight for 6 rounds. He only has himself to blame
Yep. He lost the fight fair and square, I do not think the fight was a draw and at best for Loma he won 5 rounds. Loma was my favorite fighter, but he lost and not just had trouble accepting his loss so did his fan boys claiming he easily won.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

Tocsin wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:49 pm Didn't see it but I heard that Loma looked good enough

I expect him to rematch Teo, probably get beat again. I have seen him do the slow start/coast thing several times before and I think it's part of who he is rather than it being some anomaly vs Teo.
I think that Teo's strength bothered Loma and Loma had to wait for Teo to slow down and weaken a bit before stepping on the gas. Unless he comes out and takes it to Teo he'll lose for sure.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

At least on the forums I visit there hasn't been 1 person to claim Loma won, it was that clear a win
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Tocsin wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:12 pm At least on the forums I visit there hasn't been 1 person to claim Loma won, it was that clear a win
FB is Horrible for Fanboyism....id assume thats where he is hearing it....none of the Loma fans here has said much other than Loma started to late...
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Facebook and Twitter.....you can think up any crazy opinion, and you'll be sure to find someone on those agreeing with it
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

Tocsin wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:12 pm At least on the forums I visit there hasn't been 1 person to claim Loma won, it was that clear a win
Well it wasn't a forum, it was a couple of dipshits on Youtube on a channel called FightersRep. Where host of the channel claimed that Lopez is ducking a rematch with Loma. I played devils advocate and said I don't think the fight was even close enough to warrant a rematch and why should Teo have to been to Loma's will. That is when the fan boys came out claiming I hated Loma and/or I couldn't judge a fight etc. Somehow a few of the guys commenting on there had Loma ahead in the fight. I said I gave Loma 4 rounds, maybe 5 and that was it. Well if it was 7-5 then it was close to a draw, but it wasn't in no shape or form. I thought Lopez won every round of the other than 2 pretty clearly and of course 8 through 11 Loma owned. Like you said and I said something similar, it's not in Loma to go out and fight like SRL, Tommy Hearns or Roberto Duran. Everything has to be perfect before he'll let his hands go and Lopez wasn't giving him that until Lopez got a little winded, but then in the 12th Lopez fought an awesome round and was able to due what Loma couldn't do. Go out and put it all on the line.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

marciano1952 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:26 pm
FB is Horrible for Fanboyism....id assume thats where he is hearing it....none of the Loma fans here has said much other than Loma started to late...
Nope Youtube. Even the host of the upload is now claiming that Lopez is ducking Loma. Ducking a man he beat rather handily. Yes, Loma started late but I think Lopez had more to do with that than Loma. Loma maybe a little taller than Lopez, but Lopez is much more the heavily muscled fighter and looks more like a Jr welter or welter, whereas Loma looks no bigger than a Jr lightweight.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Teo won clear but with how the fight went in the 2nd half and Loma looking pretty good last time out, I am interested in a rematch. Loma seems to have an identifiable way to improve in the rematch (throw more), and while I think that Teo wins again, if Loma really does come in more fired up it wouldn't shock me if he reversed the result.

My guess is it will happen early next year
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

ForceFed_231 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:57 pm
marciano1952 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:26 pm
Nope Youtube. Even the host of the upload is now claiming that Lopez is ducking Loma. Ducking a man he beat rather handily. Yes, Loma started late but I think Lopez had more to do with that than Loma. Loma maybe a little taller than Lopez, but Lopez is much more the heavily muscled fighter and looks more like a Jr welter or welter, whereas Loma looks no bigger than a Jr lightweight.
maybe realize places like that are full of trolls and people who know nothing about the sport....but to me I think Loma Won 4 to 5 rounds Clear in his Favor....I think a Rematch is worthy given that....Lopez was far from Dominate over the whole 12 rounds.....He won, but it wasnt a a clean sweep
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Tocsin wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:03 pm Teo won clear but with how the fight went in the 2nd half and Loma looking pretty good last time out, I am interested in a rematch. Loma seems to have an identifiable way to improve in the rematch (throw more), and while I think that Teo wins again, if Loma really does come in more fired up it wouldn't shock me if he reversed the result.

My guess is it will happen early next year
These are my thoughts on the matter exactly. Loma started slow but still won 4 or 5 rounds.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”