Nonito Donaire got the brutal KO Vs Nordine Oubaali & Subriel Matias looked like a beast on SHO

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

Nonito Donaire got the brutal KO Vs Nordine Oubaali & Subriel Matias looked like a beast on SHO

Post by the13r »

Saturday 29, May 2021
Dignity Health Sports Park , Carson, California, USA
commission California State Athletic Commission
promoter Tom Brown (TGB Promotions)
matchmaker Tom Brown
WATCH HERE

bantam
Nordine Oubaali 17 0 0
:idea:
Nonito Donaire 40 6 0
World Boxing Council World Bantam Title

super light
Subriel Matias 16 1 0
Batyrzhan Jukembayev 18 0 0

super light
Gary Antuanne Russell 13 0 0
Jovanie Santiago 14 1 1

super light
Luis David Salazar 15 0 0
Kevin Johnson 8 2 0

bantam
Alejandro Santiago Barrios 23 2 5
Juan Gabriel Medina 12 6 0

light heavy
Atif Oberlton 1 0 0
Larry Pryor 14 23 0

feather
Rey Diaz 4 0 0
Sergio Antonio Gonzalez 3 4 0

the13r
TTR

Re: Nordine Oubaali VS Nonito Donaire & Subriel Matias VS Batyrzhan Jukembayev •Live@10pm•

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Re: Nordine Oubaali VS Nonito Donaire & Subriel Matias VS Batyrzhan Jukembayev •Live@10pm•

Post by the13r »

super light
Gary Antuanne Russell 13 0 0
Jovanie Santiago 14 1 1

Antuanne by 6th round TKO
Santiago knocked down in round 4
https://uploadir.com/u/7zzfa172
Tocsin

Re: Nordine Oubaali VS Nonito Donaire & Subriel Matias VS Batyrzhan Jukembayev •NOW LIVE•

Post by Tocsin »

Antuanne is really good and I've been wondering why he hasn't getting much push, hopefully that starts to happen now.
Tocsin

Re: Nordine Oubaali VS Nonito Donaire & Subriel Matias VS Batyrzhan Jukembayev •NOW LIVE•

Post by Tocsin »

Good fight from Mattias and Jukembayev. Mattias mostly in control, then gets stunned in the 7th, and it seemed to make him angry and motivate him to come out hard for the 8th. Jukem takes a beating that round and his corner retires him at the bell.

Mattias was too powerful and also had more punches to work with....Jukem was mostly left cross only and couldnt do anything in close.

What was going on with Mattias's lose to Anyanan? He's beaten up guys better than him, before and after that fight..
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Matias was a prospect of the year when he started so always respected his skills. But he can get sloppy and can be hit... Great fight though, he looked like a beast tonight! Perfect style matchup for him!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

super light
Subriel Matias 16 1 0
Batyrzhan Jukembayev 18 0 0

Batyr RTD
His eyes were shut
Batyr down in round 4
Subriel hurt in round 7
https://uploadir.com/u/7lla7ho9
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

bantam
Nordine Oubaali 17 0 0
Nonito Donaire 40 6 0
World Boxing Council World Bantam Title

Donaire by KO

https://twitter.com/GifsBoxing/status/1 ... 2449497088
daintyhulk

Post by daintyhulk »

Donaire become the oldest bantanweight champion by KO
--There's nothing more deceiving than the obvious truth--
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Flattened him after the bell in the 3rd!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

My guess is they match Nonito with the Rigo-Casimero winner in a unification, that would leave Inoue as the division's other unified champ.

Not sure what Inoue does, as it could take a while for the other side of things to unfold. Too bad his Casimero fight fell through
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Btw--glad I changed my pick in the prediction league :lol:
NoPropaganda 253

Re: Nonito Donaire got the brutal KO Vs Nordine Oubaali & Subriel Matias looked like a beast on SHO

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

If Nonito gets your timing down like he did last night, you're going to sleep. Huge respect to the future 1st ballot HOF'er. He and Manny are two legends that all talents should look to emulate.
Tocsin

Re: Nonito Donaire got the brutal KO Vs Nordine Oubaali & Subriel Matias looked like a beast on SHO

Post by Tocsin »

Inoue stood up to lots of flush shots......he did end up getting his eye messed up pretty bad though!

One thing I noticed last night was that Nonito is way slower than he used to, but his timing is still on the money. That + keeping his power makes him serious business even at 38. Oubaali was a very solid champ but he was totally overwhelmed in there.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Just now watched the entire fight card as I've been in full on MLB rivalry this weekend w/ my SF Giants vs. LAD... Anyways a terrific card w/ the main event that didn't disappoint... That one punch was kinda late but the ref needs to step in and you can't really blame Nonito on that one me thinks. Now Donaire has a chance to revenge his loss vs. the Japanese star....

War Boxing!!!
Chef
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

I'll tell you one thing: They need to stop touting every fighter that comes out of Kazakhstan now, as "The Next GGG". This is the second fighter(Ashkeyev being the first), that has been touted as that...and has been beaten into submission over the last few months.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

My boy Nonito does it again!
kewlmodee

Post by kewlmodee »

Inoue has to take care of another mandatory before he can get another big fight. I'd love to see Donaire vs the winner of Rigo-Casimero.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”