CANELO stopped SAUNDERS Saturday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: CANELO stopped SAUNDERS Saturday

Post by straycat »

Saundes went from Billy Joe to Billy Ho 😒😒😒
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

mannymac wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:06 pm For the record, I'm not saying he loses to Canelo. Just saying that he would have probably avoided a prime Canelo.
Not trying to turn this into a hate thread. I don't care for that. I love boxing and respect fighters.
Well, a prime Canelo is a lot bigger than a prime Floyd for starters. I mean, 147 was never even Floyd's natural weight and it was never Canelo's natural weight either. A prime Canelo is easily 30 lbs. heavier than a prime Floyd.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Yeah... Floyd ain’t beating any decent 168ln fighter... size difference is way too much

He beats Canelo at 154 all day

Gotta give Canelo his props... I can’t stand him and think he’s overrated, but he’s beating real guys even if none of em are great. Only challenges left out there for him are the top guys at 175... Benevides would be fun though
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

5_burowz wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:25 am
mannymac wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:06 pm For the record, I'm not saying he loses to Canelo. Just saying that he would have probably avoided a prime Canelo.
Not trying to turn this into a hate thread. I don't care for that. I love boxing and respect fighters.
Well, a prime Canelo is a lot bigger than a prime Floyd for starters. I mean, 147 was never even Floyd's natural weight and it was never Canelo's natural weight either. A prime Canelo is easily 30 lbs. heavier than a prime Floyd.
I agree.
Talking hypotheticals here.
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Anyway, did y'all see Boo Boo Andrade calling out Canelo and then being taken away by security after arguing back and forth? Pretty funny
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

mannymac wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:44 am Anyway, did y'all see Boo Boo Andrade calling out Canelo and then being taken away by security after arguing back and forth? Pretty funny
Yup... I want that fight
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

ObJuan13 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:45 am
mannymac wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:44 am Anyway, did y'all see Boo Boo Andrade calling out Canelo and then being taken away by security after arguing back and forth? Pretty funny
Yup... I want that fight

Think it'll happen?
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

mannymac wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:50 am
ObJuan13 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:45 am
Yup... I want that fight

Think it'll happen?
Probably... might not be soon though. Andrade just has to keep running his mouth. It’s an easy fight to make and don’t see why they both wouldn’t want it. Plant is first though (unfortunately) because it’s even easier and more obvious because he’s a strap holder...

He ain’t fighting Beterbiev or anyone like that so I think Andrade happens, unless they try to feed him an old GGG which would waste even more time.

3 entire divisions of fighters want the Canelo payday, so the cherry picking and weight class maneuvering is almost inexhaustible...
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Canelo seems willing to fight anyone. Problem is he seems to leave the matchmaking/negotiating up to his handlers until he thinks he looks bad then he says fuck you make the deal. Andrade keeps running his mouth canelo will fight him
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Andrade would have a much better case if he fought Jacobs or Benevidez or Uzi or Ryder or even Dirrell, somebody at 168 would be good. Charlo would be a good fight, they could do it at 168 since both are looking for that same 168 payday.
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Cagiva9 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:34 pm Andrade would have a much better case if he fought Jacobs or Benevidez or Uzi or Ryder or even Dirrell, somebody at 168 would be good. Charlo would be a good fight, they could do it at 168 since both are looking for that same 168 payday.

And that's what Canelo was telling him. "You dont fight nobody man, you're a champion but you dont fight nobody"
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Plant beat Uzcategui, Uzcategui beat Dirrel, Benavidez beat the other Dirrel and will fight Uzcategui later this year.
I don't remember Andrade fighting anyone of notice. Hell, I saw fight live in Corpus Christi, TX on a Mickey Garcia undercard back in 2013, and that's probably the last time I ever saw him fight.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

It's obviously going to be Plant next, barring some cold feet or ridiculous demands from Plant. To be honest, while the perception may be that Andrade's better than Plant, he hasn't done a whole lot to prove it, he's usually in stinkers, and he's not a draw. I can understand why it's been difficult for him to get a big fight. Granted, Canelo did fight guys like Yildirim and Fielding, who are obviously far inferior to Andrade, but those were showcase fights where the opponents came cheap.

Given that Andrade is the WBO 160 champ, he should get named WBO mandatory if he moves up, so that may be the route for him to force a shot.

The guys I most want to see Canelo in with:

Charlo
Beterbiev
Smith
Bivol
Benavidez
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

Beterbiev best shot at him. I just dont see that fight happening anytime soon.

I think we see Canelo continue on the DAZN fighter destruction after Caleb Plant and he faces Bivol. Dull 175 champ with a title he can take.

Anyone suggesting Benavidez needs to take a drug test, that dude gets smoked by Cinnamon
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

gomez1012 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:47 pm Beterbiev best shot at him. I just dont see that fight happening anytime soon.

I think we see Canelo continue on the DAZN fighter destruction after Caleb Plant and he faces Bivol. Dull 175 champ with a title he can take.

Anyone suggesting Benavidez needs to take a drug test, that dude gets smoked by Cinnamon
He beats Benevides but at least it would be fun... He beats Charlo but likely gets hurt at some point making it interesting...

He probably beats Andrade on the “cards” in a Lara esque kinda fight...

Only guy id pick to beat him flat out is Bertebiev... Bivol would fight stupid and lose due to lack of urgency

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”