Conor McGregor broke his leg in the rubber match Vs Dustin Poirier

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
TheSickness316

Re: Conor McGregor broke his leg in the rubber match Vs Dustin Poirier

Post by TheSickness316 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:23 pm
Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:59 pm I can't stand Conor, but calling him a quitter is a bit harsh. He's just not the fighter he once was, and has been fading now for a while. Now I do agree that his hunger hasn't been the same since he got that big Mayweather payday.

But Dana/The UFC will milk him for 1 or 2 more big paydays, then that'll be the end of him with them. He still has a name, and is their biggest star, so they'll do everything they can to squeeze as much blood from the turnip as they can. But it won't surprise me if he goes out with a so-called bang...and has another big boxing match for his final big, combat sports payday. It'll be marketed as a "HUGE EVENT", and Conor will get detonated by somebody like Manny or Canelo.

But hey: The man has made a ton of money, garnered endless fame, and has parlayed his annoying/juvenile personality into untold riches. Can't fault him for that....
Close enough. Can't remember any combat fighter that tried to make peace with an opponent he shit on during the fight because he was getting the tough guy beaten out of him like he did vs. Khabib.

He's done. He'll make his money because he still has a die hard fan base. It's Still Real To Sickness is proof of that. Good for him. Next time he hits an old man with a bolo, catches a sex assault case or tries to hijack a bus he can obtain all the lawyers he chooses to have.
So you think mma is scripted
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Man, these “fighters” don’t even have to be good anymore to become big names… This dude legitimately sucks but he’s somehow the highest earning fighter in the promotion???

Henry Cejudo and Jon Jones have both retired/semi retired because they aren’t being paid enough, but Conor “1-3 in his last 4 fights” McGregor is still being paid what he wants?? MMA will be boxing status within 5 years. It’ll be a treat when good fights get made, not the norm.

I’m happy anytime a fighter makes generational wealth, but enough is enough with the hype behind a legit bum.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

ObJuan13 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:15 pm Man, these “fighters” don’t even have to be good anymore to become big names… This dude legitimately sucks but he’s somehow the highest earning fighter in the promotion???

Henry Cejudo and Jon Jones have both retired/semi retired because they aren’t being paid enough, but Conor “1-3 in his last 4 fights” McGregor is still being paid what he wants?? MMA will be boxing status within 5 years. It’ll be a treat when good fights get made, not the norm.

I’m happy anytime a fighter makes generational wealth, but enough is enough with the hype behind a legit bum.
Conor gets what he gets because of how much revenue he makes. When fighters like the two you named come close to bringing in the type of revenue Conor can, then they can make their money. Or if they want, they can just fight out their contract and sign somewhere else.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:26 pm
ObJuan13 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:15 pm Man, these “fighters” don’t even have to be good anymore to become big names… This dude legitimately sucks but he’s somehow the highest earning fighter in the promotion???

Conor gets what he gets because of how much revenue he makes. When fighters like the two you named come close to bringing in the type of revenue Conor can, then they can make their money. Or if they want, they can just fight out their contract and sign somewhere else.
Yeah no shit… Do you ever wonder why a fighter who sucks as bad as Conor does, brings in the most revenue?
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

ObJuan13 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:32 pm
TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:26 pm

Yeah no shit… Do you ever wonder why a fighter who sucks as bad as Conor does, brings in the most revenue?
Sucks so bad yet held 2 titles at the exact same time. Sucks so bad that he is the one who ended José Aldo's reign as the #1 P4P fighter and ended his 10 year unbeaten streak. If he sucks so bad, people wouldn't pay to see him fight.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Conor was a legit beast and elite p4p fighter at one point to be fair - it wasn't like he was some fraud bum. The 13 second KO over Aldo was as explosive as it gets and for a while he could back up all his trash talk in style......not so much anymore though, and it makes his act look ridiculous.

He'll keep getting beat too as long as he's matched vs high level opposition....I am sick of him and find him and his circus very tedious now, every time he fights I'm cheering for him to get beat up and put into retirement.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:44 pm

Sucks so bad yet held 2 titles at the exact same time. Sucks so bad that he is the one who ended José Aldo's reign as the #1 P4P fighter and ended his 10 year unbeaten streak. If he sucks so bad, people wouldn't pay to see him fight.
Oh I see, so we get to go back however far we want to his weight bully days of beating guys like Aldo who he outweighs by 15+ pounds…

Point is he sucks NOW and that has been clear for some time. It’s a joke that ppl were talking about title contention with him if he miraculously won this fight, and it’s a joke that ppl like you and the rest of let’s be honest “white america” eat this stupid “foul mouthed white guy who talks like the black guys that we don’t really wanna root for because we have trouble relating to them because of their skin color” shit up so much.

The best thing about the UFC was that the best fought the best and this bum and his schtick threatened that. Why in the fuck was a trilogy called for at this point and time? Made no sense at all. You’re only recent win being against ancient, shopworn Cerone should get you fights at the top of the division.

So yes, he sucks and ppl pay to see him because… well you know why. He’s Chael Sonnen status… a big mouthed bum. At least he’s a has been I suppose
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

ObJuan13 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:42 pm

Oh I see, so we get to go back however far we want to his weight bully days of beating guys like Aldo who he outweighs by 15+ pounds…

Point is he sucks NOW and that has been clear for some time. It’s a joke that ppl were talking about title contention with him if he miraculously won this fight, and it’s a joke that ppl like you and the rest of let’s be honest “white america” eat this stupid “foul mouthed white guy who talks like the black guys that we don’t really wanna root for because we have trouble relating to them because of their skin color” shit up so much.

The best thing about the UFC was that the best fought the best and this bum and his schtick threatened that. Why in the fuck was a trilogy called for at this point and time? Made no sense at all. You’re only recent win being against ancient, shopworn Cerone should get you fights at the top of the division.

So yes, he sucks and ppl pay to see him because… well you know why. He’s Chael Sonnen status… a big mouthed bum. At least he’s a has been I suppose
Weight bully? Really grasping for straws there I see. But you want to go there, you should discredit Dustin since he weighs 15+ pounds more than Conor.

Why was a trilogy called for? I don't know, maybe because Dustin Poirier wanted it considering they offered Dustin a shot at the lightweight title and he declined it to instead face Conor.

And you're going to bring up race as though it has anything to do with it. I knew you were going to go there. Cejudo wasn't "promoted" like Conor because he chose to retire. He had 1 more fight after becoming double champion and then bolted. Jon Jones, they promoted the shit out of him, and this is with him having his own issues with the law, plus failing 2 drug tests. Dana has literally been trying to get Jon Jones' only loss on his record changed so he can be "undefeated" and they continue with him constantly promoting him as the GOAT. Dana and the UFC literally moved one of their ppv cards from Vegas to California just days before the PPV just so they could keep Jones on the card because Nevada wouldn't give him a license. This has nothing to do with race like you want to pretend.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

I def dont see a Race Issue in the UFC or UFC Fanbase.....Anderson Silva Carried the Promotion for a While....Francis was Promoted and Hyped to the Stars and Back and basically proclaimed the next HW Champion even before Losing to Stipe the first time....Derek Lewis is a Big Time Fan favorite....

Connor Gained all the Hype With the Shit Talk and results to back it up years ago....He has Faded but the Name Value he Brings still gets him fights.....Nate Diaz, Masvidal, etc to a lesser extent have the same situation they bring entertainment and name Value so always in the mix and losses dont seem to matter for them....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

marciano1952 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:29 pm I def dont see a Race Issue in the UFC or UFC Fanbase.....Anderson Silva Carried the Promotion for a While....Francis was Promoted and Hyped to the Stars and Back and basically proclaimed the next HW Champion even before Losing to Stipe the first time....Derek Lewis is a Big Time Fan favorite....

Connor Gained all the Hype With the Shit Talk and results to back it up years ago....He has Faded but the Name Value he Brings still gets him fights.....Nate Diaz, Masvidal, etc to a lesser extent have the same situation they bring entertainment and name Value so always in the mix and losses dont seem to matter for them....
Look how they're also promoting Usman and Izzy. Izzy is on the cover of the latest UFC video game.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:03 pm

Weight bully? Really grasping for straws there I see. But you want to go there, you should discredit Dustin since he weighs 15+ pounds more than Conor.

Why was a trilogy called for? I don't know, maybe because Dustin Poirier wanted it considering they offered Dustin a shot at the lightweight title and he declined it to instead face Conor.

And you're going to bring up race as though it has anything to do with it. I knew you were going to go there. Cejudo wasn't "promoted" like Conor because he chose to retire. He had 1 more fight after becoming double champion and then bolted. Jon Jones, they promoted the shit out of him, and this is with him having his own issues with the law, plus failing 2 drug tests. Dana has literally been trying to get Jon Jones' only loss on his record changed so he can be "undefeated" and they continue with him constantly promoting him as the GOAT. Dana and the UFC literally moved one of their ppv cards from Vegas to California just days before the PPV just so they could keep Jones on the card because Nevada wouldn't give him a license. This has nothing to do with race like you want to pretend.
You’re a big fan because you’re just the type… I get it. He reaches a very large demographic. And of course race has something to do with it smh… you knew I was going to bring it up because it’s obvious… or am I just the black guy who can’t help but to play the “race card” in your eyes??

We’re adult for goodness sake, race relations and (all of America really) combat sports go together like peanut butter and jelly, grow up

But having said that I’m not blaming the UFC’s promotional tactics or anyone for that matter… I blame the UFC for putting a fight that shouldn’t have happened together sure… and I don’t give a shit if Poirier wanted it, everyone in the whole promotion wants a fight with Conor because his “fame” get them paid. The issue is with lame fan, star fucker types like you who get a thrill out of watching famous bums fight more than you do watching actual great fighters. It’s lame and it’s lame that the UFC has begun to cater to it in the manner they are.

You’re the type that will pay money to see him fight Jake Paul and so are millions or more Americans… it’s not the worst thing in the world and certainly doesn’t make someone a bad person, but there is indeed something wrong with such a high level of corniness and who the fuck wants that in combat sports?
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

ObJuan13 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:33 pm
TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:03 pm

You’re a big fan because you’re just the type… I get it. He reaches a very large demographic. And of course race has something to do with it smh… you knew I was going to bring it up because it’s obvious… or am I just the black guy who can’t help but to play the “race card” in your eyes??

We’re adult for goodness sake, race relations and (all of America really) combat sports go together like peanut butter and jelly, grow up

But having said that I’m not blaming the UFC’s promotional tactics or anyone for that matter… I blame the UFC for putting a fight that shouldn’t have happened together sure… and I don’t give a shit if Poirier wanted it, everyone in the whole promotion wants a fight with Conor because his “fame” get them paid. The issue is with lame fan, star fucker types like you who get a thrill out of watching famous bums fight more than you do watching actual great fighters. It’s lame and it’s lame that the UFC has begun to cater to it in the manner they are.

You’re the type that will pay money to see him fight Jake Paul and so are millions or more Americans… it’s not the worst thing in the world and certainly doesn’t make someone a bad person, but there is indeed something wrong with such a high level of corniness and who the fuck wants that in combat sports?
Race has nothing to do with this situation. The fact you bring it up is just you showing you have nothing to actually go based off of.

You magically don't give a shit why this 3rd fight happened because you got told the reason and you don't like the reason.

And you don't know a damn thing about me to think I would pay to see something involving Jake Paul. But I get why you have to say bullshit like this because you don't have anything of actual substance to say so you just throw shit at a wall hoping it would stick.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

marciano1952 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:29 pm I def dont see a Race Issue in the UFC or UFC Fanbase.....Anderson Silva Carried the Promotion for a While....Francis was Promoted and Hyped to the Stars and Back and basically proclaimed the next HW Champion even before Losing to Stipe the first time....Derek Lewis is a Big Time Fan favorite....

It’s not an “issue” in the sense that there’s any malice behind it and it certainly isn’t the only thing that contributes to Conor’s fame. He was a big name pre Floyd and that fight put him into a different stratosphere…

But it’s a thing and it’s ok… I’ll root for the black fighter if all things are equal against any other race fighter. It’s natural and I don’t fault white, Latino or asian ppl for doing the same. It’s just that in this country a white guy has the benefit of having 60+% of the country behind him, and that’s the roll that a guy as popular as Conor is on… I just want it to come to an end now that he sucks and it’s so cringe worthy to watch (headlining PPVs) and hear people talk about him like he’s actually good.
Last edited by ObJuan13 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:39 pm
Race has nothing to do with this situation. The fact you bring it up is just you showing you have nothing to actually go based off of.

You magically don't give a shit why this 3rd fight happened because you got told the reason and you don't like the reason.

And you don't know a damn thing about me to think I would pay to see something involving Jake Paul. But I get why you have to say bullshit like this because you don't have anything of actual substance to say so you just throw shit at a wall hoping it would stick.
I don’t give a shit why the trilogy happened if it has nothing to do with putting together a competitive fight??? Wow, how crazy of me… I should be more like you and play pseudo promoter on a message board to protect the image of my favorite fighter? Poirier doesn’t run the ufc so fuck what fights he wants if it anything other than the best fight to be made, which everyone knows is Oliveira…

And you can keep calling that scary “race” word bullshit as much as you want, but it isn’t… and of course that’s the part of what I said that has your panties all in a bunch. Motherfuckers can live in this world for 30 plus years and still get the heebie geebies and dance around the most obvious shit that no one is even blaming them for… NO ONE IS CALLING YOU RACIST JUST BECAUSE THE WORD “RACE” WAS USED… what the hell is so wrong with pointing out the obvious in conversations where it organically comes up… Like what the fuck are you even defending?? That Conor is some great fighter who commands the highest purses in the ufc based on merit? Like shut up dude…he’s hype train who has yet to derail
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

ObJuan13 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:55 pm
TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:39 pm

I don’t give a shit why the trilogy happened if it has nothing to do with putting together a competitive fight??? Wow, how crazy of me… I should be more like you and play pseudo promoter on a message board to protect the image of my favorite fighter? Poirier doesn’t run the ufc so fuck what fights he wants if it anything other than the best fight to be made, which everyone knows is Oliveira…

And you can keep calling that scary “race” word bullshit as much as you want, but it isn’t… and of course that’s the part of what I said that has your panties all in a bunch. Motherfuckers can live in this world for 30 plus years and still get the heebie geebies and dance around the most obvious shit that no one is even blaming them for… NO ONE IS CALLING YOU RACIST JUST BECAUSE THE WORD “RACE” WAS USED… what the hell is so wrong with pointing out the obvious in conversations where it organically comes up… Like what the fuck are you even defending?? That Conor is some great fighter who commands the highest purses in the ufc based on merit? Like shut up dude…he’s hype train who has yet to derail
Where did I say you called you me racist? Show me where I said that. You're the one who brought race into a discussion when race has nothing to do with it. You want to complain about Conor and bring up 2 people, and I tell you how you're wrong in this situation and you of course ignore it.

And you ask why the trilogy happened, and either you're just being rhetorical or you didn't like the answer so like with Cejudo and Jones you ignore it. Dustin was offered the title shot against Oliveira and declined. He wanted the money fight because the title will always be there, whereas the money fight with Conor isn't. Hence, look at Gaethje. He turned down the money fight with Conor to instead fight Khabib and look how bad that turned out for him.

And what am I defending? What I'm defending is that race isn't playing a factor.

As for this whole merit thing, Conor gets paid what he does because of the revenue he brings in. He doesn't bring in the revenue he does, he doesn't make that. It's why Floyd gets paid what he does. He gets paid what he does because of the money he brings in.

And for something you ask earlier that I realize I didn't respond, no I don't see you as someone who can't help but pull the race card.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

ObJuan13 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:41 pm

It’s not an “issue” in the sense that there’s any malice behind it and it certainly isn’t the only thing that contributes to Conor’s fame. He’s a big name pre Floyd and that fight put him into a different stratosphere…

But it’s a thing and it’s ok… I’ll root for the black fighter if all things are equal against any other race fighter. It’s natural and I don’t know white, Latino or asian ppl for doing the same. It’s just that in this country a white guy has the benefit of having 60+% of the country behind him, and that’s the roll that a guy as popular as Conor is on… I just want it to come to an end now that he sucks and it’s so cringe worthy to watch (headlining PPVs) and hear people talk about him like he’s actually good.
I get what your saying and generally agree with you....but Connor is in Mayweather Territory....People Love him, and people Love to Hate him.....Both Work together to place him where he is....He is in a place where whatever happens only increases the feelings from both sides....Him being White/European IMO plays very little into it....He is a level above Things like that as a world wide name....no one else is "all things equal" with him...emotions run high when he fights....case and point this thread being 4 pages long haha
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:26 pm
Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:59 pm I can't stand Conor, but calling him a quitter is a bit harsh. He's just not the fighter he once was, and has been fading now for a while. Now I do agree that his hunger hasn't been the same since he got that big Mayweather payday.

But Dana/The UFC will milk him for 1 or 2 more big paydays, then that'll be the end of him with them. He still has a name, and is their biggest star, so they'll do everything they can to squeeze as much blood from the turnip as they can. But it won't surprise me if he goes out with a so-called bang...and has another big boxing match for his final big, combat sports payday. It'll be marketed as a "HUGE EVENT", and Conor will get detonated by somebody like Manny or Canelo.

But hey: The man has made a ton of money, garnered endless fame, and has parlayed his annoying/juvenile personality into untold riches. Can't fault him for that....
Close enough. Can't remember any combat fighter that tried to make peace with an opponent he shit on during the fight because he was getting the tough guy beaten out of him like he did vs. Khabib.

He's done. He'll make his money because he still has a die hard fan base. It's Still Real To Sickness is proof of that. Good for him. Next time he hits an old man with a bolo, catches a sex assault case or tries to hijack a bus he can obtain all the lawyers he chooses to have.
No I think the WWE shtick is what draws you as such a loyal fan to, as of right now and for the past 5 years, a loser. I can't tell if you're purposely being obtuse in regard to your reading comprehension and or inability to utilize analogies or just busting balls.

See the new video of Conor's death threats to Poirier and his wife after the fight? Real Vince McMahon stuff right there for ya. You'll love it.
NoPropaganda 253

Conor is in Mayweather territory, but unlike Floyd he fucking loses repeatedly and is still a draw to UFC's fan base. Same as Roussey was after she repeatedly lost. Shit, if she didn't go fake wrestle a good portion of that crowd would still buy whatever comeback angle Dana would be selling them. That section of MMA fans is very Monster Truck Rally-ish. Very NASCAR pre-Bubba. In the UFC, the great whyte hype angle will sell everyday of the week and twice on Sunday or whenever the next WWE extravaganza comes out.

And Dana White doesn't fly straight in regard to how he promotes his champions. He definitely doesn't promote equally according to talent or accomplishment nor does he punish his fighters the same way when they fuck up. Look at Demetrius Johnson. Look at Ngannu right now. Race definitely plays a part in the way Dana moves although projected revenue generated will supplant his natural instincts and he understands what his fan base will pay for. In the end, Dana is a white dude from Boston who at his core is a hustler. You know what I'm talking about, O. I can respect and acknowledge the hustle for what it is.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:24 am

No I think the WWE shtick is what draws you as such a loyal fan to, as of right now and for the past 5 years, a loser. I can't tell if you're purposely being obtuse in regard to your reading comprehension and or inability to utilize analogies or just busting balls.

See the new video of Conor's death threats to Poirier and his wife after the fight? Real Vince McMahon stuff right there for ya. You'll love it.
Yes, I've seen it. And even the person who posted the said it's up for debate whether Conor actually mentions Poirier’s wife or not. And here you go assuming on me. If Conor threatened Poirier’s wife, I think that is such a low blow. Bad enough he said the bullshit about the DM, but if he threatened her life, he's a scumbag for that.
NoPropaganda 253

TheSickness316 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:51 am

Yes, I've seen it. And even the person who posted the said it's up for debate whether Conor actually mentions Poirier’s wife or not. And here you go assuming on me. If Conor threatened Poirier’s wife, I think that is such a low blow. Bad enough he said the bullshit about the DM, but if he threatened her life, he's a scumbag for that.
You can hear what dude said, man. You don't want to recognize what he said that's on you.

My opinion as to what draws you in as a Conor fan is that it speaks to the WWE fan in you. Or your last name is McGregor. Nothing wrong with that either way. It just ain't be because he's a winner because for the past half decade he ain't that.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:52 am
TheSickness316 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:51 am

You can hear what dude said, man. You don't want to recognize what he said that's on you.

My opinion as to what draws you in as a Conor fan is that it speaks to the WWE fan in you. Or your last name is McGregor. Nothing wrong with that either way. It just ain't be because he's a winner because for the past half decade he ain't that.
Or how about you just look for anything to bitch about when it comes to Conor and so you hear what you want to hear. Even the person who posted the video made mention of it being up for debate if that is what was said. The people who later wrote articles about the video also said you can't truly comprehend whether he brings up Poirier’s wife or not. Could he have said that, yes. If he did he can fuck off for doing so. If he didn't, then people are just looking for something to complain about Conor because it's Conor.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

He IS a scumbag. I don't think we needed to see or hear this latest episode with Poirier, and his wife to know that.

But in all avenues of sports, whether it's football, basketball, boxing, baseball, hockey, soccer, MMA, etc, etc, etc.... we have put up with all sorts of scumbags, as long as they continue to win. And I think that's most people's biggest problem with Conor: He's a HUGE dickhead, that gets hyped to the high heavens...but he's been getting his ass handed to him in the octagon(and ring) for the better part of 4 years now. You can get away with being an annoying asshole, and being hated by a lot of people...as long as you hold up the other end of the bargain, and that's WINNNG. You can't be a loser in life, and a loser in the the octagon(or whatever sport you partake in), that's bad news and bad business.

But I like I said earlier: The UFC will squeeze a couple of more big fights out of him, then he'll truly be done. Is it fair that he will get a couple of more big paydays? Hell no. But we all know life isn't fair, and a bunch of UFC fighters not named Conor McGregor, would have been cut from the UFC by now.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:15 am
He IS a scumbag. I don't think we needed to see or hear this latest episode with Poirier, and his wife to know that.

But in all avenues of sports, whether it's football, basketball, boxing, baseball, hockey, soccer, MMA, etc, etc, etc.... we have put up with all sorts of scumbags, as long as they continue to win. And I think that's most people's biggest problem with Conor: He's a HUGE dickhead, that gets hyped to the high heavens...but he's been getting his ass handed to him in the octagon(and ring) for the better part of 4 years now. You can get away with being an annoying asshole, and being hated by a lot of people...as long as you hold up the other end of the bargain, and that's WINNNG. You can't be a loser in life, and a loser in the the octagon(or whatever sport you partake in), that's bad news and bad business.

But I like I said earlier: The UFC will squeeze a couple of more big fights out of him, then he'll truly be done. Is it fair that he will get a couple of more big paydays? Hell no. But we all know life isn't fair, and a bunch of UFC fighters not named Conor McGregor, would have been cut from the UFC by now.
And there are fighters not named Conor McGregor who have longer streak of not winning who are still there. But come on, losing to someone the skill level of Dustin Poirier isn't going to get you cut.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

And there are fighters not named Conor McGregor who have longer streak of not winning who are still there. But come on, losing to someone the skill level of Dustin Poirier isn't going to get you cut.
And like I said: He'll get at least two more shots to lose and get paid nicely. Who he is, and the money he generates, certainly gives him a longer leash than most guys.

But I'm not all up in arms over him like some people seem to be. I'm just calling it how I see it. But Conor's audio...sure hasn't matched his video, the last few years.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:48 am
And like I said: He'll get at least two more shots to lose and get paid nicely. Who he is, and the money he generates, certainly gives him a longer leash than most guys.

But I'm not all up in arms over him like some people seem to be. I'm just calling it how I see it. But Conor's audio...sure hasn't matched his video, the last few years.
That's what happens when you're away from the sport as long as he's been. It's why he needs to be more active in there. On top of that, I think he should look into getting new blood in his camp. Can't go wrong with changing some things up if need be. Just look at Usman.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”