What sort of bets are bookmakers taking on TYSON-JONES? What will pay-outs be based on?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Peat56

What sort of bets are bookmakers taking on TYSON-JONES? What will pay-outs be based on?

Post by Peat56 »

Its a fight that will have no winner. And there will not be a KO. But I guess you could bet on knock-downs and whether or not the fight is halted (discontinued) or not. Other than that, what is there to bet on?

I have heard that some bookmakers are taking bets. But I really don't get it. Its like betting on a movie you are going to see.
Danielk015

Re: What sort of bets are bookmakers taking on TYSON-JONES? What will pay-outs be based on?

Post by Danielk015 »

On Bovada, they have just 1 bet. Tyson -200 and Jones + 160.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: What sort of bets are bookmakers taking on TYSON-JONES? What will pay-outs be based on?

Post by gilgamesh »

Maybe they get to keep all the money that people are stupid enough to bet because they didn't bother reading the fine print that it's not a fight?

I would bet heavy on the fact that it's gonna suck, and be a complete waste of time, but the odds would probably be so big on that one that you might as well keep your money lol.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

well what do you know!! WBC will score with a 10-9 system... and i am not kidding
Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

the13r wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:28 am well what do you know!! WBC will score with a 10-9 system... and i am not kidding
They are using former boxers to judge from a remote location: Christy Martin, Chad Dawson and Vinny Pazienza.

I wonder who's going to referee this monstrosity?
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

the13r wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:28 am well what do you know!! WBC will score with a 10-9 system... and i am not kidding
I mean isn't it obvious that Roy Jones is just gonna lay back and let Tyson do his thing, and look better? Everybody is paying to see Tyson. Even Roy must know that.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Roys timing is still probably fairly good and so is his conditioning . If this were a real fight roy would crush tyson
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:27 am Roys timing is still probably fairly good and so is his conditioning . If this were a real fight roy would crush tyson
I don't know about crush him, but he'd probably beat him.
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

I just have a few questions about this charade of a non-fight....

1. Did Tyson and Jones have any options to have a real boxing match? I am guessing that as a real fight, it was unsanctionable anywhere in North America or Europe. But maybe the could have fought in the mid-east, Asia or somewhere else?? Problem then is TV broadcast and it wouldn't happen at prime time for USA.

2. Even though this fight is, according to its own rules, a non-competitive display of skills with no winner to be declared and no harm to be allowed to happen to either man, do you think Tyson and Jones have some secret side agreement to actually fight during this event?

3. How will this event do in terms of ratings and buys? That's what I am curious about. Its been a lousy year for Sports, for boxing, and heck for everything. While they are both DECADES past their prime, these are 2 of the biggest names in the history of the sport. So its success, or lack thereof, will be very interesting.

4. Is either man looking past this event at some actual comeback? Or maybe just more of these silly shows?

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”