F*ck Mauricio Sulaiman

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

F*ck Mauricio Sulaiman

Post by gilgamesh »

Since I'm not hearing reports of his Death or any good news of that nature it seems like another fine day to say Fuck that worthless piece of shit, and Fuck the WBC.

Have a great day everybody :mrgreen:
lakerlegacy1

Re: F*ck Mauricio Sulaiman

Post by lakerlegacy1 »

gilgamesh wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:16 am Since I'm not hearing reports of his Death or any good news of that nature it seems like another fine day to say Fuck that worthless piece of shit, and Fuck the WBC.

Lakerlegacy1 likes this ^^^^^
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

I wish everybody was on board with this sentiment LakerLegacy.

You're good people. I'll bet you use your left and right turn indicators when driving.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

gilgamesh wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:16 am Since I'm not hearing reports of his Death or any good news of that nature it seems like another fine day to say Fuck that worthless piece of shit, and Fuck the WBC.

Stop holding back, tell us how you really feel, LOL.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Yeah, he's still alive. I seen 'em on the Family Feud just the other day.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

gilgamesh wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:37 am I wish everybody was on board with this sentiment LakerLegacy.

You're good people. I'll bet you use your left and right turn indicators when driving.
Nobody wants the new division. You just amused when you said you're never going to watch boxing again, fuck the sport and then cry and try to shame folks that still tune in. You got to step back and admit, "I was a fucking a dancing clown right there wasn't I." Or don't, bud.

But I agree, fuck Sulaiman and every other head of an alphabet.

:)
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

I ain't trying to shame anybody (well...except for Sulaiman). I'm just expressing my thoughts on Sulaiman, and will continue to do so here and there as time goes on because I feel very strongly about somebody destroying the Legacy of the sport I've followed my entire Adult life up to now.
NoPropaganda 253

gilgamesh wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:32 pm I ain't trying to shame anybody (well...except for Sulaiman). I'm just expressing my thoughts on Sulaiman, and will continue to do so here and there as time goes on because I feel very strongly about somebody destroying the Legacy of the sport I've followed my entire Adult life up to now.
And I feel strongly about a passionate boxing fan like yourself not letting this fuck head's latest idea of the month turn you off to a sport that's been ripe with flaws and corruption since it's inception. Fuck the politics and bullshit, it's all about the fighters, the fights and that action in the ring. But, that's your choice, Gil, and for the record, I'm fucking with you a little bit hoping you ignore the bullshit and tune in for the right fights when they happen. The rest is just noise. Loud, obnoxious bullshit that every fan can choose to mentally swat away like an incessant dung fly.

Until then, enjoy the sumo, bud. Those big fuckers get down don't they :)
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Yes indeed the big fuckers do get down. In a variety of ways lol.

I'll always enjoy the artistry of the sport, but the legacy of Heavyweight Boxing is the greatest Legacy in American Sports, and taking a giant shit on it, and just going on with the sport as if it doesn't matter just ain't something I can abide.

Deontay Wilder said he has no intention of competing at Bridgerweight. Maybe if every single fighter shows this attitude then Bridgerweight will simply cease to exist in the not too distant future, but more like the WBA, IBF and WBO will soon follow suit, and everybody will act like it's just peachy.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

Heck, I thnk that a lot of us have said that we wouldn't watch again for varieties of different reasons. Do your thing, Gil :-)

I just said I wasn't sure that I would... but I watched Crawford/Brook and it was the first boxing I purposefully tuned in to for a long time.

Meanwhile - yes, Mauricio will still be around as long as he can be bribed... errrr, reasoned with.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

It's been a little over a month since I've contributed to this thread. It's been over 2 months since I've watched this sport.

Fuck Mauricio Sulaiman. Fuck his whole family. Fuck the WBC.

I absolutely despise anybody that gives any credence to Bridgerweight. I hate eveyrone who had anything to do with it. I hate anybody that looks like anybody that had anything to do with it.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Give me my sport back!
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

gilgamesh wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:43 pm Give me my sport back!
just watch the fights that interest you....thats what i do these days and pay no attention to the out of the Ring BS like i used to.....much happier boxing fan that way...
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

marciano1952 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:58 pm
just watch the fights that interest you....thats what i do these days and pay no attention to the out of the Ring BS like i used to.....much happier boxing fan that way...
No fights interest me as long as Bridgerweight exists.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

never paid attention to stuff outside the ring either... tell you the truth I don't follow weight classes much or titles at all.

I keep my concentration on what happens in the ring where it matters
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

gilgamesh wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:41 pm
Right now, it does exist and doesn't really have any effect on anything that really matters. Do you really care if Kevin Lerena eventually vacates the IBO World cruiserweight title to campaign as a "bridgereweight"?

Are you seriously going to turn your back on the sport because Oscar Rivas may go on a diet and fight for the WBC's "brigderweight" title?

I suggest you look up the meaning of the word "overreaction".
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

until RING or the IBHOF, TBRB, etc Start Recognizing it.....your giving Sulaiman and the WBC total Power and control
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
NoPropaganda 253

KSTAT124 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Right now, it does exist and doesn't really have any effect on anything that really matters. Do you really care if Kevin Lerena eventually vacates the IBO World cruiserweight title to campaign as a "bridgereweight"?

Are you seriously going to turn your back on the sport because Oscar Rivas may go on a diet and fight for the WBC's "brigderweight" title?

Screw that noise Professor Stat! Gil's rando line in the sand stance is spot on and I'm following suit! No boxing for me until there's only 1 belt per weight class, no rounds, no judges and all fights end by knockout, RTD, towel throwing or death in the ring!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Fucking with you, Gil :)
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

marciano1952 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:40 pm

until RING or the IBHOF, TBRB, etc Start Recognizing it.....your giving Sulaiman and the WBC total Power and control
To me, this is very reminiscent of the anti-cruiserweight sentiments voiced in the late '70s and early '80s.

Right now, the weight class, as unnecessary as it is, exists as a WBC division. That means it has considerably more backing than any attempt to usher in a super cruiserweight class ever did. That class dId exist off and on for 12 years but with only the backing of a number of fringe organizations despite the fact that some well known boxers fought in it.

Whether this division is more successful remains to be seen. It is obviously, at this point, not a widely recognized weight class but it is recognized by one of the four major sanctioning bodies. Until those entitities cease to exist, that, unfortunately, means something whether we like it or not.

Anyway, to give up on boxing because the WBC instituted another new division seems either to be a utterly ridiculous overreaction or the bridgerweight class is simply "the straw that broke the camel's back." The latter I can understand.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Oscar rivas needs a belt, and if they have to create weight classes for that to happen so be it
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

KSTAT124 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:08 pm

I suggest you develop some respect for the greatest Legacy in the history of sports, and stop brushing it off as if it doesn't matter.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Everyone needs to stand up and throw their WBC belt in the trash. Every Boxing website and publication needs to stop acknowledging the WBC even exists.

If all that happens, I won't care what the WBC does. Nobody has any integrity who follows this sport, they're just so used to bullshit they swallow it with a smile.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

KSTAT124 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:30 pm

To me, this is very reminiscent of the anti-cruiserweight sentiments voiced in the late '70s and early '80s.

Right now, the weight class, as unnecessary as it is, exists as a WBC division. That means it has considerably more backing than any attempt to usher in a super cruiserweight class ever did. That class dId exist off and on for 12 years but with only the backing of a number of fringe organizations despite the fact that some well known boxers fought in it.

Whether this division is more successful remains to be seen. It is obviously, at this point, not a widely recognized weight class but it is recognized by one of the four major sanctioning bodies. Until those entitities cease to exist, that, unfortunately, means something whether we like it or not.

Anyway, to give up on boxing because the WBC instituted another new division seems either to be a utterly ridiculous overreaction or the bridgerweight class is simply "the straw that broke the camel's back." The latter I can understand.
So do your goddamn part and speak out against the WBC. Show some integrity. If you're not gonna do your part to speak out against the WBC and this bullshit weight class, then don't bother shouting me down for caring about the sport more than you.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

gilgamesh wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:18 am

Everyone needs to stand up and throw their WBC belt in the trash. Every Boxing website and publication needs to stop acknowledging the WBC even exists.

If all that happens, I won't care what the WBC does. Nobody has any integrity who follows this sport, they're just so used to bullshit they swallow it with a smile.
The Fighter Makes the Belt.....When Wilder had the WBC Belt while Wlad/Fury/Joshua were passing around the Real Title No one acknowledged Wilder with the same Credibility.....
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

gilgamesh wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:18 am

As long as the revenue keeps coming in the sanctioning bodies will keep doing what they want.
Glad I aint paying outrageous money to watch the sport.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”