TTR has been up for 15yrs

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

TTR has been up for 15yrs

Post by the13r »

Did you knew Kstat is a reference in boxing... He takes care of rankings at TTR and more importantly at TBRB, the board where all credible neutral journalists rank fighters...

DId you knew we have millions of observers every few months looking at the board

Did you knew we have sent tens of people ringside to events from all the top promoters...

We are right now making our 15th year since October

Thank you to everyone still around and making this a forum.

I watch boxing, post about boxing... I want to thank anyone who took the time to simply log on and post their throughts on cards and boxing. Your opinions are very important to me. As someone who is french, I don'' t get everything going on outside the ring and that is where your input is very important to me.

I have created and loss SEVERAL great friends through TTR. It has been good and bad outside of boxing. I plan on being around for more decades.

Kstat makes this place a singularity. Noone follows the sport that meticulously outside TTR. Same for the highlights... no other website offers you that many links to cards and highlights...

I hope people will keep on supporting and sharing the word on TTR. Otherwise the forum will become more and more a blog or a news website...

Anyway thank you to everyone who participate in all the ways possible... presence, ringside reporting, admin, mod, money, articles..

Thank YOU!!
jeff_lacy_ko

Re: TTR has been up for 15yrs

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Thank you. You give worldwide information and videos in fights. Your knowledge is incredible and if a promotion was smart theyd hire you as an advisor
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

Antoine, thank you for founding what has become my cyber home away from home! It remains my pleasure to contribute whatever I can to TTR.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Most thorough coverage of Boxing worldwide anywhere on the internet that I've seen.

Good people, and I'm very proud of some of the things I've contributed to this forum.

I'm most proud of the Watching the Watchers list, exposing and keeping track of shady doings in the sport. A database of this kinda thing was long needed before, but I'm glad it's taken on a life of it's own on here.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

from 16yrs old to 30yrs old.....No other online community iv remained a part of for that Long.....not even Facebook

the Continued great work you put into this Forum is much appreciated and i always check out the Gifs/results threads esp for the russian and other overseas cards i rarely have time to catch live...
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

15 years. That's a long time.

Manny was coming off his loss to El Terrible who moved up in weight to lose a decisionto Zahir Raheem.Image

Vitali just retired for the first time and Wlad pulled out a gutsy, clinch filled W in a war with Big Sam Peters initiating his title reign.Image

Floyd was several months removed from burying the Pretty Boy moniker and Arturo Gatti(protect yourself at all times paison!) in his star making ass whipping on a widely viewed PPVImage

36 year ol Roy Jones just suffered his 3rd defeat in a row in the trifecta with TarverImage

While Diego Corrales just KO'd Castillo in one of the best finishing sequences in boxing history to begin their seriesImage

Jorge Arce just ended his underappreciated bloody 2 fight series with Hussein HusseinImage

and Miguel Cotto just won a violent war against Ricardo TorresImage while Tito Trinidad was outclassed by Winky Wright and that g'damn high guard from hellImage

Iron Mike was still in the game, but left trying to bite a nipple and snap and elbow while taking an L vs. Kevin McBride

Ricky Hatton bullied Kostya Tszyu and made him quit on the stool in ManchesterImage
and B-Hop was about to attempt to regain the belt he lost to Jermain Taylor months earlierImage
while Zab Judah avenged his defeat to Cory Spinks to become the welterweight champ. Image

Time flies. Appreciate you and Professor Stat, 13. Congrats.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

It's been a long time although it went by quick. But when I think about the start and how packed it was... there were so many members I'd mix some...

We'd still have scap & Rasta if it wasn't for cancer...

Big thank you to Prime who has stuck around the longest. He has been major help and a top contributor.

Anyway, next time we'll talk about this will be in 5yrs!!!
Papa1472002

Post by Papa1472002 »

Thanks Antione for all your hard work over the last 15 years. I can't believe its been that long. WOW. Although I don't post much, this place has really been an important part of my boxing life. Its gotten me to places and in circles that boxing fans could only dream of. I've also met and hung out with some of the nicest people in the world on this site. Unfortunately the sport of boxing doesn't love its fans like the fans love boxing. I've been completely turned off by the sport for the last 5 years so my passion just isn't what it once was. However, whenever the occasional big fight occurs, I'll still lurk around TTR to see what's going on. This place will always be home.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

CONGRATS!

KEEP IT UP!

Do we have the Living Room on weekend fight nights still? I've been using Crackstreams alot to keep up with the PPVs and such
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Best Boxing Site Bar None
I'm thankful to have been along for the ride Astor.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Congrats!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Papa1472002 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:47 pm Thanks Antione for all your hard work over the last 15 years. I can't believe its been that long. WOW. Although I don't post much, this place has really been an important part of my boxing life. Its gotten me to places and in circles that boxing fans could only dream of. I've also met and hung out with some of the nicest people in the world on this site. Unfortunately the sport of boxing doesn't love its fans like the fans love boxing. I've been completely turned off by the sport for the last 5 years so my passion just isn't what it once was. However, whenever the occasional big fight occurs, I'll still lurk around TTR to see what's going on. This place will always be home.
Well you deserve everything you achieve in your boxing life because I remember when you made the interviews you posted on the TTR YT account and posting them on TTR... Regs and I were amazed at how insanely talented you were. It's like you had done that for years... The interviews with hop and Arum if I recal correctly were very fun to watch.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

Congrats!!!!!

This site is the greatest boxing site and any sports forum I've been on by far, THANK YOU Antoine. You go above and beyond what anyone could think of for this site and it's members. I'm honored to have been a part of it for so long, and look forward to being here for a long time to come. We've had a lot of members come and go for various reasons but have always moved forward. Some former members will never be forgotten for good or bad reasons but are a part of the history here. Some have unfortunately passed on, that we considered good friends and are missed to this day.

It's hard at times to see people you talked with for years leave but they get replaced by newer people coming and you develop the same type of camaraderie.

The knowledge that we have on this sight is absolutely amazing. I still learn so much and look at things from different perspectives because of opinions posters put on here after fights. Some have changed my views on things and others have made me understand how they can see the same thing I saw but with a different outcome.

Once again, THANK YOU Antoine for everything you do, and THANK YOU to all the members here for making this the best website.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Good shit Antoine! Ken must have some copies of himself out there as no one human can do what he does!!! Prime is a beast as well. TTR is steady and wish everyone well moving forward on the site.
Woobase
TTR Contributor

Post by Woobase »

Astor, heard through the grapevine from a certain "Straycat" that you and the 13th Round were celebrating 15 freaking years!! What a great accomplishment my friend! Major congratulations!! I truly miss the interaction from this place, the boxing insight, the friendship from a group of tremendous individuals. I still miss talking with Scappy, and even my friendly battles with good ol' Rasta. 15 years...damn...where has the time gone? Crazy! Watched the Crawford vs Brock fight last Saturday, first fight in long long time....and brought back a lot of forgotten emotions, and love for this sport.

Congratulations Antoine....you are a rare breed man...much respect and continued success!

I hope everyone here....are hanging tuff dealing with this majorly hacked up year....its been a struggle for all of us...keep your chins tucked tight, dodge and slip the damn punches this year is throwing at us all...and hopefully we can land a knock out punch on this Covid mfer!

Respect and Peace to all!

Jeff (aka Woobase)

PS: Damn I miss the days of Sugsr Shane and the Executioner! Ha!
"We have wasted HISTORY like a bunch of drunks shooting dice back in the men's crapper of the local bar" - Charles Bukowski
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

Congrats!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

FightFanAl & Woobase!!! WOW

Haven't heard from you in a while Woo! Glad you are ok and enjoying life! Was wondering if you were watching boxing a little... Mosley & BHop might comeback if Tyson vs RJJr is succesful... I think many fighters might comeback for an exhibition for the `legends only`league Tyson vs RJJr are fighting for...

Sincerely appreciate you coming by and please do so more often when you can. Everyone will appreciate i am sure.
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

I almost "Hacked" up a boulder over the shit this year threw at me .

😎😎😎
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

15 years - was it really over 15 years ago that I used to look at the ESPN Boards, becuase it was the only place that I had to see what people were thinking about boxing and to argue about upcoming fights?

My word - in a year like this one, it makes me reflect how many fights that I have virtually watched with guys on this board - how many HUGE fights we have discussed and the roll calls. It makes me think of all of the threads about how to make boxing better. Heck, it makes me think of all of the non-boxing things that were discussed - basketball and football and other sports. It makes me think of recipes that Chef shared... among other things :-)

I miss some guys that were here and seeing this brought that up for me. It is honestly hard for me to remember when there was NOT a TTR. Leaving it there... thank you to everyone that is the life blood of this site and to Antoine for kickstarting this site and keeping it relevant.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
Harmin Killabrew

Post by Harmin Killabrew »

I can't believe it's been 15 years. I reflect on how my much my life has changed during that time and how this board became to be. I remember receiving the email saying that they were leaving the old website and starting what came to be the 13th round. I was struggling to find anyone that was a boxing fanatic and wanted to learn more about the sport. This board and its contributors were my friends and teachers. I came back to the board just last month and it was great to see some of the usernames I remembered when I was a more frequent poster. Cheers to another 15 years!
primeholy

Post by primeholy »

Damn I’m getting old
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

we're ALL getting old lol...

Thank you everyone who sticked casually or on reg basis to TTR!! Motivates me to keep on going and sharing boxing hls, something I had promised i'd do 15yrs ago...

Always fun to chat boxing with hardcores!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”