CRAWFORD stopped BROOK in 4

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Re: CRAWFORD stopped BROOK in 4

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

ESPN has been shameless in their pumping up of Crawford. It's borderline sickening.

TC is a great fighter, who hasn't really beaten anybody of significance at Welter. Gamboa is still his best win, and that was YEARS ago. I said before the fight that Brook was done, many people saw that. This win means nothing in terms of how he matches up against the other top Welters, because he hasn't fought a top Welter yet.

And Arum just needs to shut up. I know he's just pushing his snake oil for his fighter, but he's just sad now. Comparing TC to the past Welter greats, when he hasn't even beaten a current top Welter. Blabbing about making the Manny fight, when he didn't make that fight when he had both of them under his promotional umbrella.

Just overall disappointed in the blatant cheerleading from the commentators(especially Bradley). This was TC beating up on another overmatched opponent, nothing more, nothing less.

Overall weak night of fights....
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

ESPN crew slobbering over house fighters wa like how the HBO crew sometimes would do that with their house fighters. Embarrassing as they are trying to insult people's intelligence with a straight face. I guess they are thinking a lot of non informed folks are going to be watching on ESPN and want to create some folklore.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

TC came out to fucking Chaka Kahn. Shit was only going to end one way. Bud is the best finisher in boxing.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:38 am ESPN has been shameless in their pumping up of Crawford. It's borderline sickening.

TC is a great fighter, who hasn't really beaten anybody of significance at Welter. Gamboa is still his best win, and that was YEARS ago. I said before the fight that Brook was done, many people saw that. This win means nothing in terms of how he matches up against the other top Welters, because he hasn't fought a top Welter yet.

And Arum just needs to shut up. I know he's just pushing his snake oil for his fighter, but he's just sad now. Comparing TC to the past Welter greats, when he hasn't even beaten a current top Welter. Blabbing about making the Manny fight, when he didn't make that fight when he had both of them under his promotional umbrella.

Just overall disappointed in the blatant cheerleading from the commentators(especially Bradley). This was TC beating up on another overmatched opponent, nothing more, nothing less.

Overall weak night of fights....
Promoters promote and PBC and DAZN commentators do the exact same shit. You get a little extra venom in your tone with anything Arum related still lol. Sing that same fucking song for Tank, bud.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Pbc will have 147 graphics amd exclude Crawford entirely

Crawford and tr are having trouble getting top opponents for crawford because of the pbc stranglehold.

However if Spence wanted to fight Crawford he could.. hes a free agent
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

These dont have to be mutually exclusive

1. Crawford put himself at a top opponents disadvantage resigning with top rank

2. If any of the pbc guys wanted to fight Crawford they could

3. The most lucrative 147 fight for all parties is Crawford vs Spence
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Could not have been much more wrong if I had tried.
Last edited by Cagiva9 on Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Promoters promote and PBC and DAZN commentators do the exact same shit. You get a little extra venom in your tone with anything Arum related still lol. Sing that same fucking song for Tank, bud.
Arum is a bad promoter, and he's been a bad promoter for the better part of 20 years now. There's a reason why 3 of the biggest superstars the sport has seen over the last 20 years(Oscar, Floyd, Manny) have left him. You can even throw a guy like Cotto into that mix. Even TC himself, has said he's unhappy with Arum. Arum was out there in straight damage control mode last night. But TC has to shoulder some of the blame himself, for putting himself back in that situation. TC should have left Arum, when he didn't make the Manny fight years ago.

And I've never heard ANYBODY compare Tank to some ATGs, and say that Tank could "beat two guys on the same night". That was even a new low for scumbag Bob.

And the cheerleading last night was HORRIBLE!!! That was worse than some of the old HBO broadcasts.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Arum has built a sustainable promotion company for decades. Hes built various fighters

More importantly his former rival don king is now basically defunct because don refused to cede control as he aged

Arum is the best promoter in boxing history the evidence is overwhelming
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Re: CRAWFORD vs BROOK •NOW LIVE•

Post by KSTAT124 »

the13r wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 pm KSTAT ALERT!!

I'd be curious to know if another appeal is possible... I guess the answer is no since they already reviewed it EXTENSIVELY but still curious
Most likely the best the Moloney camp can do at this point is to push the WBA to order an immediate rematch.

Had a victory been declared and it turned out to be a head butt not a punch that caused the stoppage, there would be a good chance to appeal and have the bout declared a "No Decision" or a "No Contest". With the officials declaring a "No Decision" after extensive review (what the hell did they see that we didn't), I seriously doubt the NSAC will change their verdict or even consider changing it.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Arum WAS a great promoter, and arguably the best promoter in boxing history. But the last 20 or so years have been littered with more bad than good. Other promoters have come to prominence, through his dysfunction.

I'm a Raiders fan...and Arum's decline reminds me a lot of Al Davis. Once one of the greatest figures in the sport, but now on a sad, decaying decline.

And in terms of TC, he's really done nothing for him. In terms of building a legacy, and bigtime fights.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: CRAWFORD vs BROOK •NOW LIVE•

Post by straycat »

KSTAT124 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:29 pm
the13r wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 pm KSTAT ALERT!!

I'd be curious to know if another appeal is possible... I guess the answer is no since they already reviewed it EXTENSIVELY but still curious
Most likely the best the Moloney camp can do at this point is to push the WBA to order an immediate rematch.

Had a victory been declared and it turned out to be a head butt not a punch that caused the stoppage, there would be a good chance to appeal and have the bout declared a "No Decision" or a "No Contest". With the officials declaring a "No Decision" after extensive review (what the hell did they see that we didn't), I seriously doubt the NSAC will change their verdict or even consider changing it.
I kind of side with Robert in that they should of checked it at the call during the fight, like they do KD's vrs Slips. To let the fight continue on probably opened the door for what eventually happened.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Pretty much all networks slobber over the house fighter, you'll see tons of cheerleading on PBC shows, DAZN shows, Sky Sports shows, and so on. The worst I've seen is the Aussies ('when you beat a legend, you become a legend' lol) but they all do it, and people are selective about which cheerleading bothers them.

I often just put it on mute, the fight noise you hear on TV is generally limited anyway
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Tocsin wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:45 pm Pretty much all networks slobber over the house fighter, you'll see tons of cheerleading on PBC shows, DAZN shows, Sky Sports shows, and so on. The worst I've seen is the Aussies ('when you beat a legend, you become a legend' lol) but they all do it, and people are selective about which cheerleading bothers them.

I often just put it on mute, the fight noise you hear on TV is generally limited anyway
true true. but there are levels to it and i suppose it is unfortunate all the major TV networks are like this today. ALthough Showtime, HBO, ESPN FNF, Fox SPorts etc would be biased at times, usually they are pretty decent overall.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

Impressive win.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Danielk015 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:10 am
Tocsin wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:45 pm Pretty much all networks slobber over the house fighter, you'll see tons of cheerleading on PBC shows, DAZN shows, Sky Sports shows, and so on. The worst I've seen is the Aussies ('when you beat a legend, you become a legend' lol) but they all do it, and people are selective about which cheerleading bothers them.

true true. but there are levels to it and i suppose it is unfortunate all the major TV networks are like this today. ALthough Showtime, HBO, ESPN FNF, Fox SPorts etc would be biased at times, usually they are pretty decent overall.
"Big right hand from jermain Taylor!" Punch misses Hopkins entirely
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

Brook came out well, but it felt only a matter of time before Crawford had him dead to rights as ewch round itnfelt like he was setting him up. That punch didnt seem like he put alot on it but it landed perfectly and snapped Brook's head back so violently that I dont think he had a chance to recover. The only reason he stayed on his feet was a fighters instinct. Hoping Brook considers retirement, his losses were all brutal. Crawford will hopefully get someone that can push him. He doesnt have a lot of prime years left.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”