De La Hoya: I'm Not Ducking Anyone During Comeback, I’m Already Down 20 Pounds

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

De La Hoya: I'm Not Ducking Anyone During Comeback, I’m Already Down 20 Pounds

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya- ... ds--152645

Hall of Fame fighter Oscar De La Hoya maintains that he’s serious about making a comeback as a fighter after officially making the announcement in August.

The six-division champion De La Hoya (39-6, 30 KOs) last fought as a professional in 2008 and was forced to quit on his stool in a loss to Manny Pacquiao, marking his fourth loss in his final six career bouts.

De La Hoya faced all of the best boxers of his era, and he proclaims he will do the same should he fight once again after a near 12-year hiatus from the sport.

“I really am considering making a comeback. I have been training. I seriously feel incredible. I feel amazing. With me, I always fought the very best, and why not? If I make the comeback in the first quarter of next year, by the way, I have slimmed down 20 pounds, it’s going to be against the very best, like always,” De La Hoya said in an Instagram Live session on Tuesday.

“None of this ducking fighters like the way fighters duck everyone today. They make it impossible because they price themselves out. It’s a huge problem … George Foreman did it, and I think I can do it as well … I feel like a million, million bucks. It's crazy.”

De La Hoya has evolved into an executive leading Golden Boy Promotions in retirement, most recently helping shape the careers of four-division champion Canelo Alvarez and undefeated rising star Ryan Garcia.

The 1992 United States Olympics gold medalist De La Hoya will be 47 years-old by the time he trades his suit for a pair of shorts and gloves.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
mofo2

Re: De La Hoya: I'm Not Ducking Anyone During Comeback, I’m Already Down 20 Pounds

Post by mofo2 »

I was looking at the Mayorga fight build up only recently and how he conducted himself through the abuse and insults coming his way, he was a class act that went on fight incredibly well on that night, but afterwards the slide was there to be seen regardless of the quality of opponents that he lost to - makes no sense what so ever to me!
Cagiva9

Re: De La Hoya: I'm Not Ducking Anyone During Comeback, I’m Already Down 20 Pounds

Post by Cagiva9 »

I like the idea in principle but the reality is going to be ugly.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

It's kinda funny that he's not ducking anybody during his comeback, but so far he's ducking the comeback altogether lol.

Hell let Chavez Jr. avenge his Daddy lol.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Sergio Martinez vs Oscar would at least make some sense since they've both been out a while.

If he actually fights somebody dangerous it's gonna be ugly. Surely he ain't that stupid, I would say surely his manager or promoter ain't that stupid, but I guess he's both of those things now too. :lol:
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

He should fight Ryan Garcia at a catch weight, if Garcia wins he gets out of his contract. Lol
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Primetyme199 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:47 pm He should fight Ryan Garcia at a catch weight, if Garcia wins he gets out of his contract. Lol
Why bother with a catchweight?

Oscar could come in weighing 160. Ryan could come in weighing 135, and Ryan would mop the floor with him.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Chris Byrd is Looking for a fight
jz_hova

Post by jz_hova »

Oscar is back ‼️

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”