SPENCE Jr defeated DSG

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Who Wins and How?

You may select 1 option

View results

the13r
TTR

Re: SPENCE Jr defeated DSG

Post by the13r »

some polishing needed to get back to where he was but still a good performance considering what happened to him
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Def made some weird footwork movement mainly with the lead leg... Might have hurt his knee or leg a little... let's see but that was weird
Yeah...he definitely looked shaky at times. I thought he may have hurt his hand in the later part of the fight, because he really stopped throwing the left with authority.

But I guess we have to remember...it's his first fight back from a horrific car accident, and long layoff.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Glad he got the win... he doesn’t look the same in my opinion. Hope he gets back to where he was but I don’t see it
Hillsinitialrebirth

Glad he got the win... he doesn’t look the same in my opinion. Hope he gets back to where he was but I don’t see it
Well if he fights like he did tonight, or doesn't improve much more than he way he fought tonight, Crawford will beat the shit out of him.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:02 am
Well if he fights like he did tonight, or doesn't improve much more than he way he fought tonight, Crawford will beat the shit out of him.
Yeah... I didn’t wanna say it, but I think Crawford smokes the Spence that fought tonight.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I mean he wasn't perfect and he could've ended the last 4 stronger than he did, but I still thought he boxed pretty well

I do think Crawford would beat him if the fight happens in the next 2 years but I thought that before as well

Spence vs Jermell would be really nice too, I'd rather see him test 154 than rematch Porter
BadlyBrowned
______

Post by BadlyBrowned »

Idk what it is about Spence but he seems to like to give up his range advantage and go toe to toe on the inside. So far he hasn't been punished for it, but that is a definite no no against Crawford. I'm not confident in that fight happening though.
Hillsinitialrebirth

I have to keep it real about last night in regards to the coverage, and question asking from the various reporters. If I get on ESPN's case, I have to get on FOX/PBC's case as well.

Now I do give FOX/PBC more credit than ESPN: At least they showed Crawford in attendance throughout the night, acknowledged his existence, and Shawn Porter even mention him as a top guy in the division. Even saying that he wanted to fight Crawford, so that was good.

But my biggest beef is with the post fight interview involving Spence and Jordan Hardy. So...we have 'The Man'(Crawford) in attendance, they've been showing him, and referencing him ALL NIGHT, and you don't ask ONE damn question about him to Spence??? She's up there basically throwing softballs, and just doing anything to avoid that question. She didn't push the issue on anything. Then we have Spence...who I blame more than ANYBODY else for this fiasco last night. She asks him what he plans to do next, who he plans to fight next? And this guy says something about "going to his ranch"??? Are you fucking kidding me!!!??? TERENCE CRAWFORD is RIGHT THERE!!! He's right in the arena...grow some balls and call the man out. You don't have to be disrespectful or anything like that...but say you want to fight him next. Say anything about him, mention him, something for crying out loud.

We always talk about who's fault it is for fights not happening. And this is why I always point back to the fighters themselves. It's just so damn frustrating and sickening.
Last edited by Hillsinitialrebirth on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Damn... I had already turned it off by that point, but if he didn’t call Crawford out with him in attendance then he’s lame for that and so is the interviewer
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

ARLINGTON, Texas – If you were encouraged by Terence Crawford sitting ringside Saturday night, you probably won’t want to read Errol Spence Jr.’s reaction to Crawford attending his fight against Danny Garcia. (photo by Ryan Hafey)

When asked afterward if Crawford’s appearance at AT&T Stadium meant momentum was building toward them finally fighting next, Spence sternly said “no” during a post-fight press conference.

https://www.boxingscene.com/spence-im-n ... re--153833
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

That reporter knows who paid the check
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Larry Merchant may not have been perfect, but i miss him going in there and not asking cream puff questions all the time.
actionhound

Post by actionhound »

14 months off, after a terrible car accident he chose Garcia as a tune up fight of sorts... this wasn't the same Spence that we saw before the accident, but i didnt really expect the same Spence to show up.

i hope they dont Rush Spence vs Crawford because this version of Spence will lose to Crawford, but i think the Spence before the accident could beat him. Give Spence 1 more fight to finish knocking the rust off, and then set the fight with Crawford.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Nobody is rushing sp3nce v Crawford no need to worry there

Spence won handily against a top 6 guy in his division. Hes fine no ill affects from that accident

Garcia has been relegated to pbc jobber, an honor formerly held by malinaggi
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Spence >>>>> crawford
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Hillsinitialrebirth

Spence >>>>> crawford
Before he did the Evel knievel, I thought Spence would beat Crawford too. But post accident, and the way he looked this past weekend, I have to go with TC. That is of course assuming Spence doesn't get back to normal.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

What do people think was so off about Spence compared to the Porter fight?
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Tocsin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:59 am What do people think was so off about Spence compared to the Porter fight?
He was moving awkwardly and his power didn’t seem the same (Garcia even looked like he had as much or more pop to me)... and he kinda fought and looked like he wasn’t the same mean, killer fighter... like he’s not all there... he seemed off mentally

Was also taking shots he wouldn’t have taken if he was the same, swarming, pressure fighter with big pop that he was before the fight... Danny Garcia isn’t a slouch but he ain’t the same type of fighter Porter is. He’s basically just a one shot counter puncher with no real movement when he’s in the ring with a guy like Spence... and I think that’s the type of guy pre accident Spence would dominate

I could be wrong about all of this... just how he looked to me
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Front leg was awkward more than once and ended up being caught with some average rights....

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”