Mayweather vs Logan Paul

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

Mayweather vs Logan Paul

Post by the13r »

TheSickness316

Re: Mayweather vs Logan Paul

Post by TheSickness316 »

Lol. Floyd must really need money.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

I dont know how he could have blown through all that money. After taxes and expenses im sure he had over 200mm. It would be difficult to blow that in a decade
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:55 am I dont know how he could have blown through all that money. After taxes and expenses im sure he had over 200mm. It would be difficult to blow that in a decade
Remember, he's had more than 1 issue with his taxes. But also consider all the jewelry, who knows how much money he's lost gambling, on top of buying all those cars, that money could go away quicker than you think.

But say it's not about the money. He must be that desperate for attention then.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

easy money for both, that is why it's happening… it will generate 100s of millions… Just terrible for the sport imo… Because all the fans brought in by Logan won't end up being boxing fans after the debacle they will see for 100$.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Floyd isn't broke or even sniffing that label in his lifetime and this sounds like bullshit. Mayweather's financial team is no joke and Ryan Garcia is a little too teenage girl gossip-ish for me too take this serious. I also don't see this generating hundreds of millions, more like whatever his Asian kickboxer exhibition made.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:40 pm Floyd isn't broke or even sniffing that label in his lifetime and this sounds like bullshit. Mayweather's financial team is no joke and Ryan Garcia is a little too teenage girl gossip-ish for me too take this serious. I also don't see this generating hundreds of millions, more like whatever his Asian kickboxer exhibition made.
But was that exhibition even shown here?
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

it was an exhibition part of an mma event in Japan... Rizin. It was an agreed sum of money. In this case it will be PPV and like shown by the previous events mostly held by Hearns with youtubers like Logan, the events get LOTS more attention and they inflate PPVs massively... SO I wont be surprised if this does similar to Connor vs Mayweather.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

TheSickness316 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:46 pm
NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:40 pm Floyd isn't broke or even sniffing that label in his lifetime and this sounds like bullshit. Mayweather's financial team is no joke and Ryan Garcia is a little too teenage girl gossip-ish for me too take this serious. I also don't see this generating hundreds of millions, more like whatever his Asian kickboxer exhibition made.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

the13r wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:04 pm
I didn't mean on the board. I meant on PPV here in the US.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Yeah... its almost impossible to blow through the money floyd has made. Hes is a very wealthy man

Think of interest he makes...
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:46 pm Yeah... its almost impossible to blow through the money floyd has made. Hes is a very wealthy man

But the way Floyd spends, I don't think it's out of the question. I mean he retired after beating Hatton, then comes back to face Marquez, to which right after the fight he had to pay over 5 million to the IRS. And then he retired after the Berto fight, only to comeback with the fight against Conor in 2017 when he was again having issues with the IRS. Now 3 years later he fighting the YouTube star. So I'm just saying him having possible money issues isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

From what I read they approached Floyd about this and he was leaning towards no.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

TheSickness316 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:26 pm

It was but from memory it was a 75$ ppv or something online only, i think fite.tv carried it or something...
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

the13r wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:43 pm
It was but from memory it was a 75$ ppv or something online only, i think fite.tv carried it or something...
Okay. Because I was going to say that I don't see any commercials about actually ordering it. So no wonder why.
QuickStoppage

Post by QuickStoppage »

You who are saying he's doing this because he's going broke are plum fools. Just because he retired doesn't mean he's not into money, as if the fight in Japan wasn't enough. this is an easy money grab for both fighters, I see what he's doing with his career, it's a 3 round exhibition fight, not a full 12 rounds, but he chose Paul because of the online following. Floyd is about to get another core fan base if he can win and millions for easy work (unless he gets caught). This fight is for branding.

Stop using corny cliches like this is bad for boxing, it's an exhibition not a sanctioned championship bout. It hurts nobody and actually brings more exposure to the sport.
QuickStoppage

Post by QuickStoppage »

TheSickness316 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:00 pm
jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:46 pm Yeah... its almost impossible to blow through the money floyd has made. Hes is a very wealthy man

But the way Floyd spends, I don't think it's out of the question. I mean he retired after beating Hatton, then comes back to face Marquez, to which right after the fight he had to pay over 5 million to the IRS. And then he retired after the Berto fight, only to comeback with the fight against Conor in 2017 when he was again having issues with the IRS. Now 3 years later he fighting the YouTube star. So I'm just saying him having possible money issues isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Yes, it is out of the realm....he makes way more than he spends, people count his pockets and keep trying to make it seems as though he doesn't have the finest investors and money people backing him up. Unless he has a bad drug habit he's never gonna be broke.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

QuickStoppage wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 pm

Stop using corny cliches like this is bad for boxing, it's an exhibition not a sanctioned championship bout. It hurts nobody and actually brings more exposure to the sport.

I won't stop, just calling it like it is.

It is bad for boxing... It will be PPV and a farce... even new boxing fans will see its a farce... If it was free maybe it would at least be exposure without bitterness...
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

QuickStoppage wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:54 pm
TheSickness316 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Yes, it is out of the realm....he makes way more than he spends, people count his pockets and keep trying to make it seems as though he doesn't have the finest investors and money people backing him up. Unless he has a bad drug habit he's never gonna be broke.
If it's such out of the realm then he wouldn't have tax issues like he did. He wouldn't have needed the money from the fight with Conor McGregor to pay off his taxes like he has said. Look at all the money he spends on cars and jewelry. Look at him with his gambling. Him running out of money is most certainly possible.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

The examples of fighters winning 100s of millions and seeking money after a few years are numerous.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

the13r wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:43 pm
It was on fite.tv only and the price was $24.99
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

the13r wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:42 pm The examples of fighters winning 100s of millions and seeking money after a few years are numerous.
Floyd literally made more than all of them and its not close. He made 285 million in ONE YEAR. He is at a level if wealthy beyond nearly any athlete. He is literally the richest athlete in history. You are severely underestimating his wealth
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:25 am
the13r wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:42 pm The examples of fighters winning 100s of millions and seeking money after a few years are numerous.
Floyd literally made more than all of them and its not close. He made 285 million in ONE YEAR. He is at a level if wealthy beyond nearly any athlete. He is literally the richest athlete in history. You are severely underestimating his wealth
You think he's richer than Tiger Woods?
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

That should read boxer

Obviously jordan, woods, and others have made more especially with endorsements
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:38 am That should read boxer

Obviously jordan, woods, and others have made more especially with endorsements
Okay. I was going to say. But to your previous post, I think you're severely underestimating the way he spends his money.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”