TEO LOPEZ defeated LOMA by UD

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Who Wins?

You may select 1 option

View results

gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: LOMACHENKO vs LOPEZ •NOW LIVE•

Post by gilgamesh »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm Its never 1 reason but a thousand little things. To me this is the last straw
Yeah. Pretty much the same for me.

But this does truly feel like the sport itself giving a firm slap in the face to all of it's most Legendary figures.

Ali, Tyson, Dempsey, Joe Louis, Marciano.

Holyfield vs Bowe...can never happen again.

A Tyson sized Heavyweight taking the world by storm. Can never happen again.

Hell something from right here and now.

Usyk. Usyk was potentially one of the more interesting challengers for Fury or Joshua in the year or years to come, but now he's a division below them again, and would have to gain pounds of unnecessary bulk to fight them, making him that much less effective and likely to compete at his best?

It's a fucking sacrilege.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Randall had a good 1st round there I thought. Being quicker, and landed more while the other guy is kinda loading up. We'll see if he gets more measured in his approach.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Quinton Randall doing good work so far. Rivera is getting at the body with good attacks in spots, but I feel like Randall is doing better, sharper punching overall.

2-0 Randall
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Randall showing fantastic timing with his shots here. Rivera is keeping it competitive certainly, but his attacks seem more wild while Randall's attacks are sharper and more focused. Them body shots he's getting in there while Rivera lunges forward have been especially good.

4-0 Randall

I could see 3-1, but he's surely ahead.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

The contrast only becomes clearer as the fight goes on. Randall doing better and better.

5-0 Randall
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

I see it as a shutout for Randall.

Maybe you could give Rivera a few rounds, but even that would be generous I'd say.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

And yes Randall is your winner by Unanimous Decision
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Jose Enrique Vivas vs John Vicente Moralde

A Competitive matchup of Featherweights who seem to be possibly on the verge of the Top 30 or so I'm thinking.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Vivas batters Moralde here, and gets him out early!

1st round KO
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Excellent 90 second dominant performance there for Vivas. Landing damaging shots to the head and body of Moralde, he had him wobbled from a clean shot to the chin, and then doubled him over with a body shot as he went down to get the stoppage.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm Its never 1 reason but a thousand little things. To me this is the last straw
I don’t believe you, but I definitely understand you... it takes effort to completely stop watching. I think Gil is crazy enough to completely stop watching though lol, he’s passionate like that

In a vacuum it’s the best sport in the world... but sheesh is it run like shit. Crawford and Spence still haven’t fought, AJ still hasn’t fought the other big 2, Crawford hasn’t even fought Thurman or Porter... Beterbiev missed Kov, Adonis and Ward completely... I can go on forever (sigh)

But you ain’t quitting... I don’t buy it. One super fight and you’ll be back
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Josue Vargas vs Kendo Castaneda
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

ObJuan13 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:04 pm
I don’t believe you, but I definitely understand you... it takes effort to completely stop watching. I think Gil is crazy enough to completely stop watching though lol, he’s passionate like that

In a vacuum it’s the best sport in the world... but sheesh is it run like shit. Crawford and Spence still haven’t fought, AJ still hasn’t fought the other big 2, Crawford hasn’t even fought Thurman or Porter... Beterbiev missed Kov, Adonis and Ward completely... I can go on forever (sigh)

I must admit I smiled at the fact that you recognize my passion...and my insanity :lol:

I'll still linger around the forum here and there, because aside from the sport I like you's guys, but I won't have much to say about the goings on and what not. Some things I've built here though I'd hate to see lost. Mainly friendships, and also the "Watching the Watchers" project, which sticks to a thing that's near and dear to my heart. Preserving the integrity of the sport, which of course is now shot to hell. So I guess in a way it's pointless...but in a way. Maybe all of it is.

I don't see any real Superfights on the horizon that would change my mind.

Even Fury vs Joshua, if they called it a "Super Heavyweight Championship" fight. Would make my skin crawl.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Vargas has done well early on. Dropped Castaneda early with a well timed left cross.

20-17 Vargas after 2
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

gilgamesh wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:18 pm
ObJuan13 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:04 pm

I must admit I smiled at the fact that you recognize my passion...and my insanity :lol:

I'll still linger around the forum here and there, because aside from the sport I like you's guys, but I won't have much to say about the goings on and what not. Some things I've built here though I'd hate to see lost. Mainly friendships, and also the "Watching the Watchers" project, which sticks to a thing that's near and dear to my heart. Preserving the integrity of the sport, which of course is now shot to hell. So I guess in a way it's pointless...but in a way. Maybe all of it is.

I don't see any real Superfights on the horizon that would change my mind.

Even Fury vs Joshua, if they called it a "Super Heavyweight Championship" fight. Would make my skin crawl.
Hey I hear you, I’m about a year into my version of “quitting boxing” but all that really means is I don’t go outta my way to watch fights... if it’s easily accessible and competitive then I’ll watch, if not, then too bad so sad I missed it... I’ll comeback around eventually but the sport will have to win me back over

On the bright side, it does feel like the sport is on the precipice of a change in its tv model, who knows what that’s gonna look like though... hopefully it commands better fights

And yeah, the super hw thing is a big joke and doesn’t even seem like it’s worth the money in fees that 1 more belt (I know they’ll end up making like 3 with silver this, and diamond belt that) will bring the WBC... it’s just pure greed
Last edited by ObJuan13 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Really pumped for this, I think it will be a changing of the guard and launch Lopez to the P4P level.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

I haven't followed this one closely enough to have an exact score, but it's hard to imagine Vargas isn't winning. He appears to have broken Castaneda's nose, and severely busted his lip, he's slowed him down a lot, and has to have won at least 7 of the 9 rounds so far, and looks like a shoe in to win the 10th.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Tocsin wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:53 pm Really pumped for this, I think it will be a changing of the guard and launch Lopez to the P4P level.
If he wins in clear fashion he'll definitely enter the P4P list somewhere in there. If it's a dominant victory somehow he'll rocket up the list, but if its' clear at all he'll definitely make a big splash.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Vargas got the UD
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

I believe Edgar Berlanga and his KO streak is up next
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

should be quick!
scorpy

Post by scorpy »

I should come more often. The lounge changed again and I have no idea how it works... I can't find the fight. :o
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Everything you write and give me will be on the main page Gil
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

the13r wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:40 pm
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Berlanga really seems to be something else....Tore the dudes face up in no time....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”