TEO LOPEZ defeated LOMA by UD

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Who Wins?

You may select 1 option

View results

the13r
TTR

Re: Lomachenko vs Lopez

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Re: LOMACHENKO vs LOPEZ •Saturday@10pm•

Post by the13r »

Hard to pick against Loma because of depth, experience, proven talent... but at that weight and age could we see a decline in effectiveness?
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ImageImage
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

I like Lomachenko a lot, but the odds are too god for me to pass up. Lopez is +330 and +500 to win by KO. I want Loma to win but can’t pass up those odds for a bet
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Interesting! Loma def not as efficient at the weight and Lopez a powerful and dynamic operator... You never know.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

the13r wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:11 pm Interesting! Loma def not as efficient at the weight and Lopez a powerful and dynamic operator... You never know.
That's why I figured I'd take a shot with the bets.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

The Nevada State Athletic Commission has assigned an experienced, familiar panel of judges to the Vasiliy Lomachenko-Teofimo Lopez fight Saturday night.

BoxingScene.com was informed Wednesday that Nevada’s Tim Cheatham, New York’s Julie Lederman and New Jersey’s Steve Weisfeld will judge their 12-round lightweight title unification fight at MGM Grand Conference Center. The NSAC also has assigned veteran Nevada referee Russell Mora to the Lomachenko-Lopez fight.

chef97

Post by chef97 »

Picking Lomachenko but will be rooting for Lopez....
Chef
the13r
TTR

Re: LOMACHENKO vs LOPEZ •Saturday@7:30pm•

Post by the13r »

5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

Lopez likes to fight with his hands down. That will not serve him well against Loma.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Yeah something Loma can exploit easily with how he pivots after the esquive
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Lopez has power, but Loma knows how to nullify that with foot work, feints, and punch out put. I can’t think of anyone that throws punches at different speeds and angles better than Loma. Just look at the Linares fight. Loma was throwing him off speed pitches through out the fight and then the KO came from that fast ball to the body.

Lopez is the younger and bigger fighter with power, other than youth he’s faced speed, size and power at 135. Loma is obviously the stronger fighter mentally which plays a big part in fighting. I expect him to fight smart, use angles and apply intelligent pressure and work the body early and often. If Loma isn’t stopped by the 6th he’ll take over the fight, mentally and physically breaking Lopez’s will. The body shots, along with frustrations will be too much for Lopez to over come.

Loma via stoppage by round 9.
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Welcome back Barry_BondsMVP

gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Today has just become a bittersweet day.

It is the 2nd biggest fight of the year. The 1st event I've truly been excited about since February, and also. It's the day that Boxing for me, Dies.

I just read that the WBC has voted to create a new weight class going up to 224 pounds.

I am so overwhelmingly opposed to this that after today I cannot and will not ever support Boxing again.

I LOVE Boxing. I have Loved it for 20 years, but to see the people running it create a weight class that expands the Heavyweight division up to 220 pounds. Bigger than Ali, Bigger than Dempsey, Bigger than Marciano, Bigger than Joe Louis. I consider it to be the equivalent of the sport pissing on the graves of these Legends, and I can't and won't be a part of it anymore.

It's been wonderful to be a fan of this sport. One of the great joys of my life.

But the sport is turning it's back on it's legends, and as far as I'm concerned. It's turning it's back on me.

Tonight I will RBR for this card.

And as long as there is a Super Cruiserweight division. It'll be the last RBR I ever do, and the last Boxing match I ever care to see.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Where did you read this? I know they were talking about it in August but haven’t seen anything since then.

gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

It's being circulated
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Barry_BondsMVP wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:17 pm Lopez has power, but Loma knows how to nullify that with foot work, feints, and punch out put. I can’t think of anyone that throws punches at different speeds and angles better than Loma. Just look at the Linares fight. Loma was throwing him off speed pitches through out the fight and then the KO came from that fast ball to the body.

Lopez is the younger and bigger fighter with power, other than youth he’s faced speed, size and power at 135. Loma is obviously the stronger fighter mentally which plays a big part in fighting. I expect him to fight smart, use angles and apply intelligent pressure and work the body early and often. If Loma isn’t stopped by the 6th he’ll take over the fight, mentally and physically breaking Lopez’s will. The body shots, along with frustrations will be too much for Lopez to over come.

Loma via stoppage by round 9.
How ya doing?
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Im with gil. New hw division is the signal to me to quit the sport.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

I'm going to give it my Love tonight though. One more time.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

i dont see it as a reason to totally quit following....at all....the MUCH bigger issue is the fights we really want to see not getting made or "Marinating" into irrelevance....it has caused me to slowly follow less but i still make sure to catch the big fight and the fights of the fighters im a big fan of and interesting prospect.....just dont watch everything like i used to
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
the13r
TTR

Re: LOMACHENKO vs LOPEZ •NOW LIVE•

Post by the13r »

ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

gilgamesh wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:03 pm It's being circulated
It’s really stupid... hopefully it doesn’t gain any traction.

It’s gonna take a really really really rich person or corporation to fix boxing
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

marciano1952 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:40 pm i dont see it as a reason to totally quit following....at all....the MUCH bigger issue is the fights we really want to see not getting made or "Marinating" into irrelevance....it has caused me to slowly follow less but i still make sure to catch the big fight and the fights of the fighters im a big fan of and interesting prospect.....just dont watch everything like i used to
I'll write an article at some point this week about why I won't be following the sport any further. Whether or not Astor will post it on the main page is up to him, but I'll give it to him to use or not use as he wishes.

I feel passionately enough about this that I could write a book, but I'll try to keep it brief.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Its never 1 reason but a thousand little things. To me this is the last straw
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Quinton Randall vs Jan Carlos Rivera

Battle of unbeaten Welterweights here.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”