MIKE TYSON vs ROY JONES Jr a DRAW

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

MIKE TYSON vs ROY JONES Jr a DRAW

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Re: Legends Only League - Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr

Post by the13r »

HERE WE GO!!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Mosley just posted pics of himself looking in shape... this senior league stuff is about to take off lol
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

Tyson signs to fight while smoking a joint.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Will most likely just be a friendly sparring session.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

it is... the commission has approved the matchup only on the condition that they wouldn't try to KO each other lol
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

the13r wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:42 pm it is... the commission has approved the matchup only on the condition that they wouldn't try to KO each other lol
Ya mean Mike will be free to use his teeth 😱
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Primetyme199

Report: Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr exhibition will cost $49.99 on pay-per-view

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/7/28/2 ... iew-boxing

You’ve surely heard the news by now that legendary former boxing world champions Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr are going to “fight” each other on September 12th. This is not a professional bout, but rather an exhibition that is highly unlikely to satisfy any bloodthirsty fans who have been giddy just watching Tyson sparring videos and forgetting the ugly way his boxing career ended a whopping 15 years ago.

If you absolutely want to know how much this will cost on pay-per-view, the only good news is that it’s cheaper than your typical boxing PPV. I hope you can handle a $50 price tag for what is, and I stress this again, an exhibition match.

Per The Athletic’s Greg Rosenstein:

Sources: The Mike Tyson-Roy Jones Jr. PPV on September 12 will cost $49.99.

Can be streamed through cable, satellite and Triller.

Triller is the social media company that paid reportedly more than $50 million for the rights to this bout. The event is also supposed to have MMA fighters and boxers on the undercard, along with “iconic musical performances.”

Former NBA guard Nate Robinson and popular social media star Jake Paul are expected to face each other on this show, although it’s unknown whether that’ll be a pro bout of an exhibition.

Once again, Tyson and Jones are in an exhibition, and according to California State Athletic Commission chief officer Andy Foster, this will be eight, three-minute rounds with 12-ounce boxing gloves, no headgear, and no ringside judges. Going for a knockout has effectively been discouraged by Foster, and even a cut on either man would be enough to signal the end of the contest.

That’ll be $50, please and thank you.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
jeff_lacy_ko

Re: Report: Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr exhibition will cost $49.99 on pay-per-view

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Triller is supposedly doing a 24/7 type hype show

Jones and tyson are making a fortune with this con. Good for them.
the13r
TTR

Re: Report: Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr exhibition will cost $49.99 on pay-per-view

Post by the13r »

Will end up being the most str3amed fighting event in history
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I keep seeing talk of who will win. A lot of people don't seem to realize that there won''t be a winner or that they are required to go easy on each other.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

the13r wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:32 pm Will end up being the most str3amed fighting event in history
I doubt it.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Tocsin wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 pm I keep seeing talk of who will win. A lot of people don't seem to realize that there won''t be a winner or that they are required to go easy on each other.
Goes to show how big Tyson always will be to people that they just want to believe with all their hearts he's back, and this matters.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

I don't think anybody will think Tyson "will be back". We all knew he was done when he was getting stopped by stiffs he would have destroyed in his heyday.

But he's still one of the most polarizing figures on the planet. Train Wreck TV sells.
Papa1472002

Post by Papa1472002 »

A few reasons why people are actually excited about this...
1. Covid has put a monkey wrench in 2020 boxing.
2. The current crop of stars would rather argue on social media instead of actually FIGHTING each other.
3. Fans just want a taste of the "good old days" one last time even if both guys are shells of their former selves.
4. There's nothing else going on and this is the only show in town.
Primetyme199

Mike Tyson-Roy Jones Jr. exhibition match postponed | Why and to when?

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.nj.com/sports/2020/08/mike- ... -when.html

Boxing fans who can’t wait to see heavyweight boxing legend Mike Tyson re-enter the ring, will have to do just that as his exhibition bout against fellow great Roy Jones Jr. has been postponed until November, per Yahoo Sports.

Tyson’s eight-round exhibition match against Roy Jones Jr. was postponed on Sunday afternoon, according to The Athletic.

The fight was originally scheduled to take place in Southern California on Sept. 12. It has been tentatively rescheduled for Nov. 28, two days after Thanksgiving.

The bout was pushed back by Tyson’s team to build up the fight and make it a big Pay-Per-View success. The extra time will allow for bigger promotion and give both fighters the time required to compete as the best versions of their current selves -- especially Jones, who just recently returned to training.

Tyson (50-6, 44 KOs) retired from professional boxing in 2006, after suffering two consecutive knockouts, but has rebranded himself over the last decade from a convicted felon and largely ridiculed athlete into a likable guy, podcaster and king of a cannabis empire who stars in movies from time to time and is one of the biggest stars on the planet. But, recent training videos shows he’s just as ferocious as he was in his younger years when ending the majority of his fights in the first round.

Jones (66-9, 47 KOs) competed in boxing from 1989 to 2018, holding multiple world titles in four weight classes, including middleweight, super middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight. However, this heavyweight challenge might be more than Jones can handle.

Tyson has returned to training over the last year and began seeking a return to the ring. Former foe Evander Holyfield was initially floated as his opponent though talks never got off the ground.

But it looks like the fight with Jones will occur, just at a later date than first promised.

Slippery Pete II

Re: Mike Tyson-Roy Jones Jr. exhibition match postponed | Why and to when?

Post by Slippery Pete II »

It's been pushed back to November 28th and from what I've read the reason is that they see a lot of interest in this shit show of a PPV so they want to produce a 24/7 style lead up reality series that will have 10 episodes.

There will be judges for this fight as well.

One of the four alphabet organizations is going to present a belt to the winner.

On the undercard: YouTuber Jake Paul will be fighting retired NBA star Nate Robinson and Badou Jack will be making his return against Blake McKernan (13-0, 6 KO's)
threadkiller

Re: Mike Tyson-Roy Jones Jr. exhibition match postponed | Why and to when?

Post by threadkiller »

very sad but I will pay for it.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Primetyme199

Roy Jones: Mike Tyson Fight Will Now Have Two-Minute Rounds

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.boxingscene.com/roy-jones-m ... ds--152467

Former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. has revealed that the WBC stepped in and made a big change to his upcoming clash with former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson.

The clash, scheduled for November 28 in Los Angeles, was set down as an eight round exhibition.

Citing safety concerns, says Jones, the WBC have shortened the rounds to only two minutes.

Tyson, 54-years-old, is fighting for the first time since 2005, when he was stopped by heavyweight journeyman Kevin McBride.

Jones, 51-years-old, last fought two years ago.

There have been concerns from the public, regarding the size disparity, age, and inactivity.

Jones believes the lack of having three minute rounds is another advantage for Tyson.

"They've got me doing eight two-minute rounds now. That's to his advantage too. Everything's to his advantage, that's to his advantage too. At this point, the fans are so excited about it, I wouldn't want to pull the rug from under the fans… and they (Team Tyson) will try and sue me. It's not really worth it, so I'm going to go in and do these two rounds , but I'm going to have to work a little bit faster than I expected to," Jones told Joe Rogan.

"They decided this just last week. They change stuff on me by the week. I think the WBC came in and said they want to put up some kind of title or something, so they want to cut it back to two minute rounds. They said something about the Arce and Chavez Sr fight, how fatigued they were after the fight and they feel like that's a safety measure. But what they don't realise is that the longer you keep Mike fresh, the more dangerous that is for me. I need to get Mike un-fresh quick, so that I can get out this danger zone.

"(Chavez Sr) and Arce fought a 'true' exhibition with headgear and big gloves, but they said they were so exhausted afterwards, that they felt that is what could inhibit somebody's health. I want it to be three minute rounds, it's safer for me."

Primetyme199

Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. to battle for WBC Frontline Battle belt in November

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/10/27/ ... tline-belt

They’ll be a belt on the line for the upcoming exhibition bout between Mike Tyson (50-6 2 NC) and Roy Jones Jr. (66-9), with both men competing for the WBC Frontline Battle title on November 28.

ESPN’s Ariel Helwani posted a picture of the belt on Twitter, which you can see below.

Tyson, 54, hasn’t fought in a professional capacity since 2005, when he suffered a stoppage loss to Kevin Brigade at the MCI Center in Washington, DC. ‘Iron Mike’s’ last win came in 2003, when he finished Clifford Etienne via first round KO. Roy Jones Jr., on the other hand, has been considerably more active. The 51-year-old is on a four-fight win streak but hasn’t fought since his 2018 win over Scott Sigman, which saw the boxing legend capture the vacant WBU cruiserweight title.

Tyson vs. Jones Jr. will take place next month, Nov. 28 at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

the13r
TTR

Re: Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. to battle for WBC Frontline Battle belt in November

Post by the13r »

available on ebay...

1 belt for 60
2 belts for 100

ebay.com/MauroSulaiman
primeholy

Re: Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. to battle for WBC Frontline Battle belt in November

Post by primeholy »

Hmmmm. This fight/exhibition is on my birthday. I wonder how much the PPV is

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”