MIKE TYSON vs ROY JONES Jr a DRAW

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. to battle for WBC Frontline Battle belt in November

Post by gilgamesh »

So now they're handing out belts for Exhibitions?

Why does the Boxing world put up with this organization?

Absolutely no dignity.

I wonder if Mauricio Sulaiman hands out engagement rings to any Hooker he fucks?
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Tyson vs. Jones Lands Exclusive US, Canadian Digital PPV Rights With FITE; BT Sport in UK

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-vs-jo ... uk--152801

The exhibition match featuring Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. has found its pay-per-view distributors around the world.

FITE announced that it landed the exclusive U.S. and Canadian digital rights to carry the event on Nov. 28. The PPV can be purchased digitally for $49.99 via TysonOnTriller.com, FITE.TV or any of the FITE’s OTT platforms on mobile devices and smart TVs.

BT Sport Box Office pay-per-view will be the distributor in the UK for the fight. The price has not yet been determined.

A digital press conference officially announcing the eight-round exhibition will take place Thursday at 1 p.m. ET. It will be hosted by ESPN’s MMA journalist Ariel Helwani.

The match, set to take place without fans with two-minute rounds at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif., will begin at 8 p.m. ET. and feature three separate boxing matches, including: Badou Jack vs. Blake McKernan, Viddal Riley vs. Rashad Coulter and YouTuber Jake Paul vs. three-time NBA Slam Dunk Champion Nate Robinson.

A preliminary card will show three other boxing matches featuring Jamaine Ortiz vs. Nahir Albright, Irvin Gonzalez Jr. vs. Edward Vasquez and Juiseppe Cusumano vs. Nick Jones. The show will also feature musical performances from artists that have yet to be announced. Triller is backed by a slew of entertainers, including Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Future, The Weeknd and Pitbull.

According to a July report from CNBC, Triller paid "upward of $50 million" for the rights to carry the event.

"The Tyson vs. Jones fight is going to be one of those iconic brawls people will be talking about for decades," said Michael Weber, COO of FITE. "Triller and FITE are the perfect pair to deliver a flawless, no-filler fan experience worthy of this moment."

“Triller has always been about shaking things up and pursuing our motto, ‘You do you,’” said Triller chairman Bobby Sarnevesht. “No one embodies that motto more than Mike Tyson. We’re thrilled to be working with Tyson and Legends Only League, Jones Jr., this amazing group of athletes, and FITE to present this historic event.”

In the press release announcing the deal, FITE says it has 2.6 million registered users, and that it’s streamed over 3,500 events in the last five years, including PPV events from Top Rank, PBC, Golden Boy Promotions and Matchroom Boxing.

Tik Tok rival Triller, meanwhile, has 250 million downloads.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
gilgamesh

Re: Tyson vs. Jones Lands Exclusive US, Canadian Digital PPV Rights With FITE; BT Sport in UK

Post by gilgamesh »

The WBC has to get involved in this Sparring Session too.

Why? Why won't the fans tell this belt to go fuck itself? Why is it relevant? How much of a joke do they have to be?
Primetyme199

Roy Jones, Tyson fire back at Mayweather over comments about too many belts being bad for boxing

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/11/5/2 ... ents-fight

Floyd Mayweather Jr. (50-0) thinks there are too many belts in boxing and that introducing a new belt every time someone fights is detrimental to the sport.

“This is not good for the sport of boxing,” Mayweather told Showtime in a recent interview. “Now when a fighter fights, every fighter is a champion.”

Roy Jones Jr., however, who will fight Mike Tyson for the WBC Frontline Battle belt in an exhibition boxing match later this month, couldn’t disagree more.

The multiple-division boxing world champion went on a rant about how belts make boxing much more exciting for the fighters and said fighting for a new title is almost like trying a new drug for the first time.

“First of all, I don’t give a damn what nobody says,” Jones said in response to Mayweather during a pre-fight press conference on Thursday (h/t MMA Fighting’s Damon Martin). “Don’t got nothing to do with me. I do what I do, my business is my business. I don’t care what nobody else says. This ain’t got nothing to do with him. So he stays over there in his lane do what he do, let me do what I do.

“Secondly, when I was fighting, I wasn’t like them. I went and got every belt possible that I could get in my weight class at the time. Mike did the same thing. We come from the old school. We want every belt you got. I don’t care what kind of belt it is. It could be the Joe Patti Seafood belt, I want that. I don’t care. If you have a belt in my weight class, in my prime, I wanted that. So you think right now, you want to see me perform you put a belt on the line. So you think right now you want to see me perform, you put a belt on the line. I’m sorry, but it’s like drugs. I just can’t say no. You offer me a title, you got me.

“It don’t mean nothing to people like him maybe, but it meant the world to me.”

Tyson, who won the WBC, WBA, and IBF titles during his reign as ‘the baddest man on the planet’, echoed a similar sentiment.

“He said it all,” Tyson said. “It’s like drugs.”

Tyson vs. Jones Jr. will take place on Nov. 28 at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
gilgamesh

Re: Roy Jones, Tyson fire back at Mayweather over comments about too many belts being bad for boxing

Post by gilgamesh »

Tyson and Roy Jones are pathetic jackasses on this issue bowing down to the WBC for throwing their old asses a bone. Mayweather is 100% correct.

Even Mayweather though likely wouldn't take the hard stance I would take. He'd probably say he wants to see just 1 belt from each org. I'd like to see just 1 belt total.

I don't mind Regional Championships. European Champion, North American Champion, Asian Champion...or even Country specific Champions like Canadian Champion or Spanish Champion, but when you have multiple World Champions in what is now 18 weight classes.

It's like they're just handing out participation trophies to everybody that laces up a pair of gloves.
Primetyme199

Tyson-Jones: CSAC Won’t Score, Announce Winner, WBC Judges Revealed

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-jones ... ed--153411

As the Mike Tyson versus Roy Jones Jr. exhibition match inches closer, new specifics around the event are surfacing ahead of the Nov. 28 showdown at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

BoxingScene.com spoke with several sources and has been informed that although the California State Athletic Commission approved the meeting to take place between the two all-time greats, the match will not be scored by any of the state’s judges, nor will the commission be announcing a winner after the fight.

The WBC will be handling remote scoring for the bout from Christy Martin, Vinny Pazienza and Chad Dawson, a trio of former champions from the sanctioning body.

The WBC previously announced that “each round will be scored and announced to the public with scoring criteria taking into consideration.” The WBC also created a “Frontline Battle Belt” with the inscription “Black Lives Matter” so that it can be awarded to one of the veterans after the eight-round match unfolds with 12-ounce gloves over two-minute rounds.

Although VADA will be performing the Clean Boxing Program out of competition anti-doping testing for both fighters, drug testing for marijuana won’t be included. Tyson is the founder of the cannabis company Tyson Ranch and is known to still indulge in marijuana, most notably on his Hotboxin’ podcast.

Although social media platform Triller is producing the fight in partnership with Tyson’s recently launched Legends Only League, the promoter of record of the event will be CES Boxing head Jimmy Burchfield.

The Tyson vs Jones PPV can be purchased on cable and satellite, as well as digitally on TysonOnTriller.com for $49.99 in the United States and Canada. The undercard will feature fights between YouTuber Jake Paul vs. former NBA star Nate Robinson, former champion Badou Jack vs. Blake McKernan and Mayweather Promotions prospect Viddal Riley vs. Rashad Coulter.

straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: Tyson-Jones: CSAC Won’t Score, Announce Winner, WBC Judges Revealed

Post by straycat »

And this is expected to sell big still???
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

8 rounds? Mike will have trouble with 1
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Because it's a sparring session.

They're counting on nobody reading these facts about the Bout. They're counting on dumb fucks just looking at the TV and saying" Derr Tyson's back, gotta see that" with little or no knowledge of the sport.

That's primarily who will be buying this.

I wouldn't pay 10 cents to see it. Waste of time.
the13r
TTR

Re: MIKE TYSON vs ROY JONES Jr Saturday

Post by the13r »

gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

They're literally telling people "This is completely pointless, and it's gonna cost 50 dollars to see it"

And yet still I guarantee there will be lot of people on the internet complaining that they were ripped off because they didn't bother to read up on any of this shit.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Guilty pleasure of the week for me. I know all the reasons not to, but I'm not missing Iron Mike's inevitable shattering of Ol Roy. If it goes past 2 rounds I'll consider it a righteous donation to 2 legends charity. Also want to see local boxing novice, NBA player Nate Robinson beat the shit out of millennial you tube dork, Skylar Tucker or whatever the fuck his name is.

Will offset the circus with one of the better fights 2020 has offered in the all UK scrap between Dubois and Big Joe Joyce, an entertaining style clash between non-stop, slow throwing, granite chinned Joyce and young, powerful sharpshooter Triple D. Someone loses their 0 and becomes the next Dillian Whyte and the winner moves on to the big leagues.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

California State Athletic Commission executive director Andy Foster:

“They can exhibit their boxing skills, but I don’t want them using their best efforts to hurt each other,” Foster told Boxing Scene earlier this year. “They’re going to spar hard, but they shouldn’t be going for a knockout. This isn’t a record-book type of fight. This is not world-championship boxing right now. It’s not what this is. People shouldn’t be getting knocked out.”

Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

No knockouts allowed. How do you even enforce a rule like that LOL.

Any type of cut will end the fight.

No official winner will be declared.

Only the WBC is scoring this stupidity, and it's kind of fitting.

I believe the Tyson-Jones debacle will be hurt most by the fact that there are fights on the undercard that aren't exhibitions. So people are going to pay $50, watch 3 or 4 undercard fights that are real, at least one of which involves two fighters that aren't even pros (Paul-Robinson).

Then Tyson and Jones, two former world champions will come out and dance around the ring for awhile and do a whole lot of nothing. They will be made to look like fools and cowards. The amateurs will fight, the retired pros won't, and the fans will rebel. This "fight" will be ripped to shreds online. These two old fogies will be ridiculed for faking a fight when the amateurs went in there and threw leather. It will be a complete embarrassment and it'll probably be the last time we ever see these two in a ring. If it actually turns real for even a moment, someone from the commission will stop the fight. I'm not sure we can even call it a fight, or even a contest. It's nonsense.

Maybe they should have called it the same thing you used to see in the newspaper when there was an ad for a pro wrestling card at your local arena: "An Exhibition Of Science And Strength".
Just a guy

Re: Roy Jones, Tyson fire back at Mayweather over comments about too many belts being bad for boxing

Post by Just a guy »

Primetyme199 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:14 pm
“Secondly, when I was fighting, I wasn’t like them. I went and got every belt possible that I could get in my weight class at the time. Mike did the same thing. We come from the old school. We want every belt you got. I don’t care what kind of belt it is. It could be the Joe Patti Seafood belt, I want that. I don’t care. If you have a belt in my weight class, in my prime, I wanted that. So you think right now, you want to see me perform you put a belt on the line. So you think right now you want to see me perform, you put a belt on the line. I’m sorry, but it’s like drugs. I just can’t say no. You offer me a title, you got me.

“It don’t mean nothing to people like him maybe, but it meant the world to me.”
Really, Roy?

Also, this don't make no g'dm sense - treat the exhibition like an exhibition. If there is no winner, how are they going to give someone a belt? Or do both get belts?

No interest at all... none. As Tyson said before, this should have happened a long time ago. Hook this up after the Ruiz fight, I'm down. Now? It just makes me sad.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

I didnt believe boxing would have put on a bigger joke of a fight than Mayweather-McGregor but I was sadly wrong.
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

FightFanAL wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:09 pm I didnt believe boxing would have put on a bigger joke of a fight than Mayweather-McGregor but I was sadly wrong.
TTR Award Short Blast Of The Year 😎
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

The November 28th card is $49.95 on PPV and can be ordered through fite.tv.

Here’s a look at the full current card;

Main card

Mike Tyson (50-6) vs. Roy Jones Jr. (66-9)

Jake Paul (1-0) vs. Nate Robinson (0-0)

Badou Jack (22-3-3) vs. Blake McKernan (13-0)

Hasim Rahman Jr (9-0) vs. Rashad Coulter (1-0)

Undercard

Jamaine Ortiz (13-0) vs. Nahir Albright (8-1) — WBC USNBC Silver Lightweight title

Irvin Gonzalez Jr. (14-2) vs. Edward Vasquez (8-0) — WBC USNBC Featherweight title

Juiseppe Cusumano (18-3) vs. Nick Jones (9-3) — WBC USNBC Heavyweight title

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Well looks like the PPV was bought by many channels across the world which IMO will hurt the online PPV numbers... ESPN will carry it in all latin countries except Mexico where Azteca will cover it... Probably been bought in Poland, Russia and all...

SO free str3ams will be everywhere for this one... I can probably even find free legal feeds...
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

By the way, is headgear being worn?
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Peat56 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:38 pm By the way, is headgear being worn?
I don’t think so. I think I read it wasn’t.

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

no headgear... headgear doesn't sell... They want the mirage that this ain't sparring... it;s part of the money making machine under Tyson's name called Legends only league...

It's a cash out scheme for big boxing names... smaller names go bareknuckle and eat more brain damage... bigger names will be able to compete in this league and make exiting ppv money... Both are known to sell their names... RJJr promo is a screen... Roy Jones ain't really involved... Mike Tyson promo was tried 10yrs ago with big talents and it fizzled...
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Saturday 28, November 2020
Staples Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
commission California State Athletic Commission
matchmaker Patrick Sullivan, Michael Parente
WATCH HERE
WATCH HERE
WATCH HERE
WATCH HERE

light heavy
Badou Jack 22 3 3
:idea:
Blake McKernan 13 0 0

light
Jamaine Ortiz 13 0 0
Sulaiman Segawa 13 2 1
vacant World Boxing Council United States (USNBC) Silver Light Title

heavy
Joe Cusumano 18 3 0
Gregory Corbin 15 3 0
vacant World Boxing Council United States (USNBC) Heavy Title

feather
Irvin Gonzalez 14 2 0
Edward Vazquez 8 0 0
World Boxing Council United States (USNBC) Feather Title

light heavy
Jake Paul 1 0 0
Nathaniel Robinson debut

cruiser
Hasim Rahman Jr 9 0 0
Orlando Rashad Coulter 4 0 0

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

the amount of paople online that are talking like Tyson is "back in prime form" is saddening....those short training clips on the pads really did there job on the mindless masses....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”