Cutman Capetillo Reveals Tyson Fury's Generous Gesture During Pandemic

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Cutman Capetillo Reveals Tyson Fury's Generous Gesture During Pandemic

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.boxingscene.com/cutman-cape ... ic--150044

Cutman Jorge Capetillo has revealed that WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has been more than generous during the coronavirus pandemic.

Capetillo was working Fury's corner last September, when the unbeaten boxer kept his record intact with a decision win over Otto Wallin in Las Vegas.

But there were very tense moments, as Fury sustained two severe cuts from punches - and Capetillo did everything in his power to keep the cuts under control - as the entire corner feared the contest would get stopped by the ringside doctor, which in turn would have made Wallin a TKO winner.

According to Capetillo, Fury reached out during the pandemic and sent money to keep the cutman and his family afloat financially.

Most scheduled boxing events were canceled from March to June, which left Capetillo with very little income as even his gym was closed down due to COVID-19 restrictions.

"He is still very grateful," Capetillo told Sky Sports. "When he knew we were locked down because of COVID-19 and my gym was closed, he texted me and said: 'Is there anything I can do to help?'

"He is still taking care of me. He sent me money. I was supposed to be with Jessie Vargas in New York on March 14 but the fight was cancelled and I came home with empty pockets. I was scared, I didn't know what to do.

"He knew Jessie's fight was cancelled. He asked about my family and what he could do. He said: 'I'll sort out some money for your family so you can be good'. Such generosity for me and my family. He is a great man, so humble. He had the time to ask how I was doing with my family during this crisis."
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”