Fantasy Boxing Matchup: Tyson Fury vs Vitali Klitschko

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Who wins, Fury or Vitali?

You may select 1 option

View results

Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Fantasy Boxing Matchup: Tyson Fury vs Vitali Klitschko

Post by Primetyme199 »

Who wins, Fury or Vitali?
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
ObJuan13

Re: Fantasy Boxing Matchup: Tyson Fury vs Vitali Klitschko

Post by ObJuan13 »

Fury... I just think he’s better.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Gun to my Head id pick Fury by DEC At this point in time....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Vitalis workrate and reach would bother fury.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:23 am Vitalis workrate and reach would bother fury.
IDK about that, but Vitali isn't Wlad and he knows that his chin is more reliable. So I would except him to attack early in the fight, if he didn't than he'd probably get out boxed from a distance. I see a close fight with Fury eeking out a close decision win. If Vitali had the same fight ending power as his brother I'd pick Vitali by stoppage.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

Vitali really got a lot of props for losing to Lennox. However, he was better that Wilder in terms of fundamentals without the power.

This is a close fight if both are at their best, in my opinion, because Vitali would have applied some pressure and had some success with his jab.

I think Fury with his bounce, but I wouldn't say that it is at all by a wide margin.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
Pangloss

Post by Pangloss »

I’d take Fury barring him gassing out. I think Vitali would have a lot of problems with somebody even longer and taller than him who could also move really well. I think a younger Wlad would have gotten to Fury and beat him, but while Vitali had some advantages over his brother and was a much more natural fighter mentally, he was also significantly less athletic and slower of both hand and foot, and while he had heavy, clubbing power and a great work rate, he didn’t have the kind of fight changing concussive power I think he’d need to win the fight with how little contact he’d likely be making % wise.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

To beat fury you need to punch. Vitali has the chin and workrate. Fury pulls straight back a lot and that would be the death of him
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I dont think Vitali can be hurt by Fury... So all the feints and movement might not have THAT much effect on Vitali. Hard one to predict imo...

One thing is if Vitali ain't prepared to go for the kill and starts trading jab, not sure he would win. Otherwise i think Vitali can get passed the front foot of Fury and put him in trouble.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

As of this moment. I'd give Vitali the slightest edge imaginable, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Fury win a decision.

If Fury is able to show the elite level he showed against Wilder a few more times against THAT kinda opponent, then yeah he's better than Vitali for sure.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”