Fantasy Matchup: Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Julio Cesar Chavez Sr

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

12 round at 130 pounds, who wins

You may select 1 option

View results

Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Fantasy Matchup: Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Julio Cesar Chavez Sr

Post by Primetyme199 »

This could be an incredible bull vs matador fight, the legendary chin and pressure of Chavez against the incredible skills and speed of Mayweather.

130 pounds, 12 rounds. Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Julio Cesar Chavez Sr.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Tocsin

Re: Fantasy Matchup: Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Julio Cesar Chavez Sr

Post by Tocsin »

Floyd clear decision
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Floyd is quick and a defensive master. Looks like whitaker fight
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

At 130 Floyd would be too quick and mobile, wouldn’t take much damage and would land on Chavez often in my opinion...
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Castillo did really well in 2 fights agaisnt floyd though
.. surely chavez is better than jlc?
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

I can't see Chavez pulling this out. Floyd would beat him at short range or long. Especially if Chavez was as highly regarded, Mayweather would come in great shape and put on a masterclass like he did against Diego Corrales.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Can't really bet against Floyd if there is fair judging... tough fight for Floyd and we'd see the best of him
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Floyd W12 UD

116-112 or thereabouts
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:26 pm Castillo did really well in 2 fights agaisnt floyd though
.. surely chavez is better than jlc?
I don't know for sure that he is actually. At any rate his style doesn't exactly resemble JLC's. I think JLC has the perfect, kinda awkward aggressive style to give Floyd fits.

Chavez is similar, but not exactly the same.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

This is a lot tougher one to call than I think some would think.

You have two guys who just do NOT lose facing off - you have Meldrick Taylor, who was beating Chavez, but got beat up throughout the fight. You have Whitaker, who didn't take the same punishment, and I thought out-classed Chavez completely.

Chavez's pressure is different than Castillo's pressure, but he was a good pressure fighter. Whitaker did NOT run or potshot. I don't think that Mayweather would run or potshot - but I think that Whitaker was a better defensive fighter than Mayweather AND when Mayweather leans back, he leaves his body for punishment. Body shots got rewarded with Mayweather hard counters (I still don't think he gets credit for the power he put into some of those counters) and I think that would have been true of a Chavez fight - Mayweather would have given him ability to hit his body, and Chavez would have obliged. Mayweather discouraged some fighters from doing that, but I don't know that he would have discouraged Chavez.

I think that it depends on both fighters, but mostly on how Mayweather chose to fight. I think that Mayweather DEFINITELY had the skills to beat him and I don't know that I have ever seen Mayweather significantly buzzed by a hard shot with the exception of one buckling of his legs that he recovered quickly from - but if Chavez was able to do that, it would change the makeup of the fight. Of all of the fighters Mayweather may have faced, Chavez had the ability to do that.

Mayweather SHOULD win this matchup, but I think it is more compelling than maybe we are giving it credit for. It could be a Mayweather blowout, but I think it would be more of a war.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

I think Mayweather by blowout. I am not sure if JCC is that much better than a prime JLC at 130. JLC got shut out by sweat pea, he was dominated for large stretches of the fight against Taylor and was also losing bad against The Surgeon in that first fight. I dont think Floyd would have trouble with JCC type of pressure. The magnitude of the fight will have Floyd in tip top focus and i think that fight is a pristine display for Floyd

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”