Of course Mike Tyson should never fight as a pro again. But he might get offers to do so.

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: Of course Mike Tyson should never fight as a pro again. But he might get offers to do so.

Post by gilgamesh »

TheSickness316 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:49 pm
gilgamesh wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:41 pm I'll just be glad when something is actually official one way or the other with him. Seems like there's a new rumored opponent, and outlet who's interested in putting it on on a day to day basis.
Just shows how popular Tyson still is.
He's one of the biggest superstars in the history of the sport so I'm not too surprised by that. Regardless of how you look at him in terms of all time ranking or whatever. I don't think there's any question that he's one of the 3 or 4 biggest box office draws, and superstars in sports history.

His name just takes on that mythical, larger than life aura.
Peat56

Re: Of course Mike Tyson should never fight as a pro again. But he might get offers to do so.

Post by Peat56 »

Tyson is indeed one of the biggest names in sports history. Period. I don't even rank him in the top 5 greatest heavyweights ever (top 10, maybe). But his storied career, his spectacular style, his power, his behavior in and out of the ring, all made him a massive superstar and household name.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Peat56 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:48 pm Tyson is indeed one of the biggest names in sports history. Period. I don't even rank him in the top 5 greatest heavyweights ever (top 10, maybe). But his storied career, his spectacular style, his power, his behavior in and out of the ring, all made him a massive superstar and household name.
He's the 3rd best of his own era really.

That being said, I do consider the Heavyweights of the 90's to be one of the toughest eras of Heavyweight Boxing. I'd at least have him Top 15 all time. Probably Top 10.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

the13r wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:32 pm
I saw this. And he had Henry Cejudo with him.

They pretty much did a reenactment of Tyson and Austin from 1998.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”