RIP: Little Richard

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

RIP: Little Richard

Post by straycat »

He was always on the TV set when I was a kid.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ead-48505/
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Re: RIP: Little Richard

Post by KSTAT124 »

A true rock 'n roll icon!

R.I.P.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Fired Jimi Hendrix from his band . Some say it was because Jimi was always late and was irresponsible, others say because Hendrix couldn't help being who he was and that upstaged Richard. Probably both were true to some extent.

Little Richard says he always wanted to reconcile with Hendrix and tell him how much he appreciated his talent but he never got the chance. I guess I'd like to think he's getting that chance now.

Rest in peace Richard, you had a remarkable life.
Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

The unholy trinity of rock n roll:

Little Richard
Chuck Berry
Jerry Lee Lewis

They invented rock n roll.

Jerry Lee is now the only one left.

They all lived crazy lives. Just imagine Little Richard, a flamboyant, gay, black man playing what they called the "devil's music" in 1950's Georgia of all places. That guy had some balls man.

Chuck Berry had his well documented issues of videotaping women using the bathroom in his restaurant circa 1989. In the late 50's he did 2 years in prison for "transporting a 14 year old girl across state lines".
He also punched Keith Richards in the face once LOL.

Jerry Lee was married 7 times, one of his wives was his cousin...she was 13 at the time!!!

Those three guys were truly rebels. They really didn't give a fuck what anyone thought, good or bad.

My parents saw all three of them in concert when they did a tour together.

In regards to Chuck Berry, watch the documentary called "Chuck Berry Hail Hail Rock N Roll" and it'll give you an insight as to how he was. He didn't travel with his own band. When he did a tour he used a local band in each city he played. Bruce Springsteen tells a story of being in Chuck's band for a single gig somewhere in Maryland.

Chuck didn't do long tours by the time the 80's rolled around. Fly out for a single gig, then back home. On the road it was Chuck with a rented Cadillac. No entourage, no tour manager, no crew. Just a briefcase with toothbrush, comb and his guitar. The promoter was to pay Chuck before he got on stage or there would be no show. He got ripped off too many times to play before he got paid.

Those three guys were something else. I still never could understand the fascination Chuck and Jerry had with teenagers though, that's some creepy stuff.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

"So he’s literally God to me. He wrote the bible that we all follow to this day"- Little Steven Van Zandt (of The E Street Band/"Little Steven's Underground Garage"/"Silvio Dante" in "The Sopranos").

A good read:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ll-997058/

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”