Is There A Bigger Bum In Boxing?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Is There A Bigger Bum In Boxing?

Post by straycat »

Than James Butler?
I know the term is vaguely used in the true difinitive sense so if ya feel there is one that tops him add to the concept. Valero could be right up there.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Papa1472002

Re: Is There A Bigger Bum In Boxing?

Post by Papa1472002 »

Dave Hilton Jr sexually abused his own daughters. He's on the mount rushmore. Add Tony Ayala Jr to that list as well.
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

I’ll never forget watching it live. It was raising money for 9/11.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Jo-el Scott raped and then murdered a homeless woman

There have been a lot of nasty figures in boxing
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Didn't he also kill Max Kellerman's brother?
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Baldomir aka baldozar
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Margarito, his trainer, panama lewis, mayorga (raped a woman and had government cover it up - was in those diplomatic cables from Wikileaks a few years back

Oh and special mention to buster mathis jr who is a bad tipper
straycat

Post by straycat »

TheSickness316 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:22 pm Didn't he also kill Max Kellerman's brother?
Ya Max was a big fan of him getting a second chance and somehow if not mistaken Max was an integral part of befriending Butler and introducing him to his brother.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Boner would manage to land on a top 10 list.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Charles "Kid" McCoy
McCoy, who scarcely weighed 160 pounds (73 kg), agreed to box a huge native reputed to weigh in excess of 250 pounds (110 kg). McCoy watched him train and noted the man fought in his bare feet. When the fight began, McCoy's corner threw handfuls of tacks into the ring, causing the bare-footed challenger to drop his guard and raise up one foot. As soon as he did so, McCoy lowered the boom on his distracted adversary.
Unfortunately, by the early 1920s McCoy was poor, addicted to alcohol and out of the movie industry. At this time however, McCoy was involved in a romance with a wealthy married woman, Teresa Mors. Apparently he swept her off her feet, for she filed for divorce from her husband. The Mors divorce was acrimonious, and dragged on until she was killed, in the apartment she shared with McCoy at 2819 Leeward (Unit 212), by a single gunshot to the head on August 12, 1924.[4]

The next morning, a disheveled McCoy robbed and held captive some 12 people at Mrs. Mors' antique shop, and shot one man, who was trying to escape, in the leg. He also had forced at least six other men to remove their trousers, after divesting them of their money. McCoy was apprehended and charged with the murder of Mrs. Mors. His trial took place in downtown Los Angeles, and was the media event of its day. McCoy claimed Mrs. Mors committed suicide, while the prosecution claimed he murdered her for financial gain.
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Carlos Monzon was a real pos.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

marciano1952 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:18 am Charles "Kid" McCoy
McCoy, who scarcely weighed 160 pounds (73 kg), agreed to box a huge native reputed to weigh in excess of 250 pounds (110 kg). McCoy watched him train and noted the man fought in his bare feet. When the fight began, McCoy's corner threw handfuls of tacks into the ring, causing the bare-footed challenger to drop his guard and raise up one foot. As soon as he did so, McCoy lowered the boom on his distracted adversary.
Unfortunately, by the early 1920s McCoy was poor, addicted to alcohol and out of the movie industry. At this time however, McCoy was involved in a romance with a wealthy married woman, Teresa Mors. Apparently he swept her off her feet, for she filed for divorce from her husband. The Mors divorce was acrimonious, and dragged on until she was killed, in the apartment she shared with McCoy at 2819 Leeward (Unit 212), by a single gunshot to the head on August 12, 1924.[4]

The next morning, a disheveled McCoy robbed and held captive some 12 people at Mrs. Mors' antique shop, and shot one man, who was trying to escape, in the leg. He also had forced at least six other men to remove their trousers, after divesting them of their money. McCoy was apprehended and charged with the murder of Mrs. Mors. His trial took place in downtown Los Angeles, and was the media event of its day. McCoy claimed Mrs. Mors committed suicide, while the prosecution claimed he murdered her for financial gain.
I had to look this one up, thinking that back in 1924 poor drug addled Charles was probably executed...but no. He was out on parole by 1932.

strange life...https://www.indystar.com/story/news/his ... y/5815829/
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

straycat wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:38 am
TheSickness316 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:22 pm Didn't he also kill Max Kellerman's brother?
Ya Max was a big fan of him getting a second chance and somehow if not mistaken Max was an integral part of befriending Butler and introducing him to his brother.
I could see how something that horrible would taint all of Boxing for you. I'm glad that it didn't for Max, but what a terrible thing to have happen.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

gilgamesh wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:54 pm
straycat wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:38 am
I could see how something that horrible would taint all of Boxing for you. I'm glad that it didn't for Max, but what a terrible thing to have happen.
As someone who lost siblings senselessly at the hands of others, I could see how Max could've easily not wanted to be associated with boxing anymore. I'm glad for him and fans that he did continue on with the sport. What made it worse for him is that it was highly publicized and some people actually criticized him. Saying that he had it coming for supporting a sociopath like Butler.

No, no bigger bum than James Butler. There maybe some just as bad, but no one worse.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”