Fantasy matchup: Hearns vs Trinidad

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Two big welterweight punchers from different eras. Who wins?

You may select 1 option

View results

Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Fantasy matchup: Hearns vs Trinidad

Post by Primetyme199 »

Two big welterweight punchers from different eras. Who wins?

Give as much detail as you’d like.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
jeff_lacy_ko

Re: Fantasy matchup: Hearns vs Trinidad

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Tommy if he boxes
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I feel like Tommy wins this fight more often than not. Obviously Tito is a big enough puncher that you can't count him out, but Hearns is an even bigger puncher, and is a far superior boxer.

As long as he doesn't fight foolishly, and uses the best of his abilities, I honestly think Hearns should be able to make this one look easy.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Tommy would wreck Trinidad, anything is possible in this game on paper but I wonder who gives Tito a shot.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

I don’t think this would be close at all...

Hearns does everything better...
Pangloss

Post by Pangloss »

Only thing Trinidad has here is better stamina. Doubtful he gets the chance to use it.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Hearns...bigger puncher and Tito didn't have the best chin. Tito more compact on the inside and trading sequences so Hearns jab and straight punch arsenal would be key imo
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

It would still be interesting, though, because Tito can always unload a big shot and Tommy could be wobbled.

I think that Tommy's length and boxing abilities would be way too much for Trinidad without the equalizer, though. It is one of those fights, however, where I wouldn't count Tito out until he was on the mat or the final bell had rung.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

This one is over, and completely one sided by everyone’s vote. On to the next one.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

straycat wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:37 pm Tommy would wreck Trinidad, anything is possible in this game on paper but I wonder who gives Tito a shot.
I did by accident. Hearns would box his way to a unanimous decision. Tommy would have to be careful though, if he gets Trindad in trouble Trindad had tendency to foul and the last thing you do against Trindad is leave your chin exposed leaning over because of a low blow.
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

ForceFed_231 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:14 pm
straycat wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:37 pm Tommy would wreck Trinidad, anything is possible in this game on paper but I wonder who gives Tito a shot.
I did by accident. Hearns would box his way to a unanimous decision. Tommy would have to be careful though, if he gets Trindad in trouble Trindad had tendency to foul and the last thing you do against Trindad is leave your chin exposed leaning over because of a low blow.
Ya Tommy was taking shots south of the border from Hagler and look what that did to him,
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Two of my all time favorites. Hearn had too many tools. He could fight long and out jab Tito and pivot all day. Tito's chance would be to goad Hit into a war, bang to the body and clip him with the lead hook, needing to finish. Have to go with Kronk here.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”