Rank their accomplishments (heavyweights)

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
jeff_lacy_ko

Re: Rank their accomplishments (heavyweights)

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Pangloss wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:47 pm
jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:31 pm By your logic Hasim Rahman > Ken Norton
Norton’s very overrated. 1970s John Ruiz.
I knew youd do that. You are a smart guy but...but Nobody here agrees with that.
Pangloss

Post by Pangloss »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:25 pm Was vitali ever unified? A lot of stock put i corrie sanders and danny williams, another journeyman, for that first title reign.

If Ruiz is a one hit wonder what do you call sanders?
Fight with Sanders would have been a unification but Sanders dropped the WBO. Ring title was also on the line for that fight since Lewis had retired and they were considered the top guys at the time. Whether I or anybody else puts a lot of stock in that short reign or not, it’s still one of two more title reigns that Vitali has on top of the one that’s comparable to Wilder’s only one all by itself.
Pangloss

Post by Pangloss »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:51 pm
Pangloss wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:47 pm
jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:31 pm By your logic Hasim Rahman > Ken Norton
Norton’s very overrated. 1970s John Ruiz.
I knew youd do that. You are a smart guy but...but Nobody here agrees with that.
It’s true whether they agree with it or not. Ugly wins against a faded great with an awkward style that gave that guy fits, some other decent names, and blitzed our against big sluggers.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:50 pm Eh wbo before it counted is like saying ibo title holder. I wouldnt consider hyde better than anyone wilder has beaten
Arreola was a hype job but i do credit him with killing that seth mitchell nonsense.

I think its debatable. I dont think joshua is debatable he has beat better fighters than vitali and if you call ruiz a 1 hit wonder like stench disld than corrie sanders is a 1 hit wonder too
Id Say Hide is Comparable to Ortiz and Stiverne.....couple decent Wins and potentially dangerous But Flawed.....Ortiz IMO is the Modern Arreola.....Lots of Hype, Flashes of Skill but not much noteworthy success....He outboxed Wilder for some rounds but Szpilka did the same thing....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”