A Classic Mike Tyson Tale

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
NoPropaganda 253

A Classic Mike Tyson Tale

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Mike Tyson Once Offered Zookeeper $10,000 To Fight Gorilla
By Manouk Akopyan Published On Sun Apr 5, 2020, 04:32 PM EDT

Mike Tyson’s turbulent times as a boxer knew no bounds.

The youngest heavyweight champion in boxing history not only wanted to pulverize any person in his path, but the same notion went to any species as well.

Tyson — the self-anointed original Tiger King — recently shared his regret and “foolish” days in owning tigers for over 15 years in which he would even let the big cats into his bed so that they’d sleep with him.

Before Tyson started owning Tigers in 1995, the pugilist who was fascinated by pigeons his entire life had a much more meaner streak.

“I paid a worker at New York's zoo to re-open it just for me and [ex wife] Robin [Givens],” Tyson once told The Sun about a story that presumably took place before 1988. "When we got to the gorilla cage there was one big silverback gorilla there just bullying all the other gorillas. They were so powerful but their eyes were like an innocent infant. I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let smash that silverback's snot box! He declined.”

Professing unwarranted desire to hit an animal is a shocking admission even by Tyson’s standards, who’s long been known to be an animal lover.

These days, a more calm and relaxed Tyson often posts pictures of his dog Mars, a doodle, playfully sparring with the canine in the kitchen.
https://www.boxingscene.com/mike-tyson- ... la--148094

Another reason why some of us love this guy.

ImageImage

Not sure even a prime Mike is denting that chin or mean streak. Would've had to ante up on the Silverback.
Tocsin

Re: A Classic Mike Tyson Tale

Post by Tocsin »

The gorilla would've outbullied the bully and broken Mike spirit for a tko win
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Yeah my money is on a silverback especially if it stood its ground and fought back
Pangloss

Post by Pangloss »

Gorillas are overall pretty gentle, so he may have even gotten a couple shots on it before it reacted, but it would have put a stop to it pretty easily. How bad he’d get hurt would probably depend on how much he fought back after it started reacting. The overall anatomy of a silverback, including the skull itself, is going to minimize how much damage his punches do, and he’d probably fuck up his hands right away. Tyson broke his hand punching Mitch Green’s face in a street fight, so probably not going to go well connecting with a gorilla skull.

Those things don’t have technical boxing skills obviously, but they do fight eachother, and the amount of force they can exert is literally super human. He gets into a situation where he’s the other guy in a situation like ~0:35 in this video, and he’s done, possibly permanently.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3T0z1CT-nR8

Ultimately, while I believe he offered, I don’t believe he’d have actually gone through with it anyways once he got in there and up close to it.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Pangloss wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:30 pm Gorillas are overall pretty gentle, so he may have even gotten a couple shots on it before it reacted, but it would have put a stop to it pretty easily. How bad he’d get hurt would probably depend on how much he fought back after it started reacting. The overall anatomy of a silverback, including the skull itself, is going to minimize how much damage his punches do, and he’d probably fuck up his hands right away. Tyson broke his hand punching Mitch Green’s face in a street fight, so probably not going to go well connecting with a gorilla skull.

Those things don’t have technical boxing skills obviously, but they do fight eachother, and the amount of force they can exert is literally super human. He gets into a situation where he’s the other guy in a situation like ~0:35 in this video, and he’s done, possibly permanently.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3T0z1CT-nR8

Ultimately, while I believe he offered, I don’t believe he’d have actually gone through with it anyways once he got in there and up close to it.
That's a bad ass SIlverback battle right there. That looked like round 1 of Manny/El Dinamita with the charging gorrilla rushing in with leads like Manolo while the gorilla on the left sat back patiently, waiting to counter, but wasn't prepared for the speed. Still, Juan Manuel Gorrilla collected himself and sat in the pocket throwing combo's right back and Manny Gorrilla. Nice inside work by both warriors.

Round 1: Manny Gorrilla, 10-8

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”