Ernsto Hoost vs Mirko Cro Cop

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Ernsto Hoost vs Mirko Cro Cop

Post by marciano1952 »

“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Re: Ernsto Hoost vs Mirko Cro Cop

Post by marciano1952 »

“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

K-1 was the best back then... what a golden era they had at HW... everytime i get time off of boxing, usually during holidays, i go watch classic K-1 events!

Those HW tournaments in the 90s were spectacular
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Cool fights... before my time unfortunately
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

It still boggles my mind that Bob Sapp KO'd Hoost in both their fights
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Tocsin wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:36 am It still boggles my mind that Bob Sapp KO'd Hoost in both their fights
yep, watching alot of these fights for the first time and i found it hard to believe Watching a Bob Sapp that wasnt Crying and curled up from a little tap on the chin....
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

ObJuan13 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:01 pm Cool fights... before my time unfortunately
Same....Been spending a little bit of time Watching some of these the last few days...
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

ObJuan13 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:01 pm Cool fights... before my time unfortunately
Wasn't before my time, I just didn't pay attention to it unless it was UFC. As a result a missed some good MMA fights and missed one of the at least top five MMA fighters of all time Fedor Emelianenko. Dude was good, first guy I seen perfect the stand up game, with grappling and submission. Based on information from a lot of other MMA guys, I'd rank Anderson Sylvia, Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones a top Fedor and that's about it. You want to see what a fighter he is, watch his fight against Kevin Randleman. Randleman suplexed Fedor and it didn't seem to faze him and the next thing you know he reserved the mounted position and Randleman was tapping out.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

ForceFed_231 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:46 pm
Wasn't before my time, I just didn't pay attention to it unless it was UFC. As a result a missed some good MMA fights and missed one of the at least top five MMA fighters of all time Fedor Emelianenko. Dude was good, first guy I seen perfect the stand up game, with grappling and submission. Based on information from a lot of other MMA guys, I'd rank Anderson Sylvia, Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones a top Fedor and that's about it. You want to see what a fighter he is, watch his fight against Kevin Randleman. Randleman suplexed Fedor and it didn't seem to faze him and the next thing you know he reserved the mounted position and Randleman was tapping out.
Oh I’ve seen a bunch of Fedor’s fights, and he’s definitely an ATG... didn’t watch his early career live though.., had to go back and watch him on YouTube

Probably shouldn’t have said ahead of my time. I was definitely watching boxing at the time but K1 and MMA wasn’t on my radar at all when I was a child
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

i used to buy every ufc, bushido, pridefc ppvs i could get here at that time

30$ plus tx for ufc back then
30$ plus tx for pridefc
20$ plus tx for Bushido events
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”