This idiot never learns

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

This idiot never learns

Post by Primetyme199 »

UFC champ Jon Jones arrested for aggravated DWI, firearm charge and more

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/3/26/2 ... s-covid-19

Jon Jones has once again found himself in trouble with the law.

The UFC light-heavyweight champion and all-time great fighter was arrested by Albuquerque Police in the early hours of Thursday morning, according to police records obtained by MMA Fighting. Jones, 32, was arrested around 1 a.m. local time and has since been released from custody.

The charges against Jones are as follows: one count of aggravated DWI (driving while intoxicated), one count of negligent use of a firearm, one count of possession of an open container, and one count driving with no proof of insurance.

Officers initially responded to gunshots and found Jones in the driver’s seat of his car, per KOAT in Albuquerque. Jones allegedly seemed intoxicated and performed poorly on subsequent sobriety tests. A breathalyzer test scored at or above twice the legal limit. Furthermore, a black handgun was found underneath the driver’s seat and a bottle of Recuerdo was found behind the passenger’s seat. No confirmation on whether this is the El Recuerdo Mezcal that Jorge Masvidal recently released.

This is not Jones’ first run-in with the law. He was arrested for driving under the influence in 2012. He was also arrested in 2015 for a hit-and-run.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
NoPropaganda 253

Re: This idiot never learns

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Idiot indeed. Money lawyer and all that, but eventually this guy is going to have to sit down for minute. Of course this is coming from a guy who thought it would cool beans to go on a coke binge a couple days before a fight.

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

What a moron.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I'd go with the "I thought I was in Texas" defense.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I'm sure good ol Dana will work out a beer and guns TUE for him or something :lol:
Last edited by Tocsin on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

He’s approaching Josh Gordon status... smh

Shooting guns while drunk and famous behind the wheel of car???
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

And no insurance!?!?!?
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:36 pm And no insurance!?!?!?

He probably just didn’t have the card in the car

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
stunna 2.0

Post by stunna 2.0 »

I don't think he's a idiot but I believe he has a disease that he needs help for hopefully he gets it soon before it's too late.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Police lapel video shows Jon Jones undergoing sobriety tests, being placed under arrest for DWI

https://youtu.be/6aIZXI5vfsM

Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Now, MMA Junkie has obtained the arresting officers official reports, which indicate that “Bones” may have also had marijuana on his person. The first report is from officer Jason Brown, who was first on the scene after responding to reports of a shot being fired from the vicinity.

“On 3-26-20 at about (12:58 a.m.), I was at 3rd and Central in the parking lot. I heard a single gun shot to the west on Central. I drove west on Central and observed a black Jeep on the south side of the street parked in front of 312 Central. I observed a male in the driver’s seat and a subject on the sidewalk by the passenger side door. I observed no other subjects in the area. I pulled up behind the vehicle and turned on my overhead lights. The vehicle was running. I contacted the driver and asked him to roll down the vehicle windows. I observed an open bottle of alcohol on the floor behind the passenger seat. It was a 1/4 full bottle of Recuerdo, 40 percent alcohol. I asked the driver to hand me the bottle. I also observed that he had green leafy substance on his shirt and pants, consistent with marijuana. I identified the driver as Jonathan Jones. I asked Jones about the gun shot and he stated he did not know. I asked him why he was out and he stated he wanted to go for a drive. I asked him for his vehicle registration and proof of insurance. Jones fumbled with his documents and was not able to locate proof of current insurance. I also observed that Jones had an odor of alcohol coming from his facial area. I requested the assistance of a DWI officer. Officer (Brian) Johnson was working a DWI saturation patrol and responded to my request. After Officer Johnson completed his investigation, he placed Jones under arrest for DWI. I had the vehicle towed from the scene. During an inventory of the vehicle subject to arrest and tow I located a loaded handgun under the drivers seat. I also located a spent round just outside the drivers side door. The spent round was the same caliber as the firearm that was located. A video of my investigation will be uploaded to APD evidence. The handgun was tagged into APD evidence.”

Upon officer Brown calling for back up, officer Brian Johnson arrived on scene and made the arrest after “Bones” failed a sobriety test.

“On 03/26/20 at (1:01 a.m.), Officer Brown and Officer Heshley heard a gun shot in the 3rd St. NW/Central Ave. NW area. Officers arrived on scene approximately 10-15 seconds later. Officer Brown noticed a black 2019 Jeep vehicle parked facing eastbound in front of 312 Central Ave. SW. Officers noticed a black 2019 Jeep vehicle and two unknown homeless subjects. The vehicle engine was on and the vehicle was in park. Officer Brown engaged his emergency equipment and conducted a traffic stop. He made contact with the black 2019 Jeep vehicle driver Jonathan Jones. Officer Brown asked him about the gun shot and Jonathan said he didn’t know anything. Officer Brown observed signs of intoxication and asked for a DWI saturation unit. I was working DWI saturation and was dispatched to the traffic stop. I made contact with Jonathan Jones. I observed that he had bloodshot, watery eyes and a strong odor of alcohol coming from his facial region. He admitted to driving earlier and had the intention to drive now. I asked him to exit the vehicle. Jonathan did field sobriety tests and performed poorly on all three of them. He also performed poorly on two out of three alternative tests. He was searched and arrested. He was transported to the (Prisoner Transport Center) where he was read the N.M. implied consent advisory and given the Intoxilyzer 8000 breath test. He was given a deprivation period from (1:02 a.m.) until (1:48 a.m.). Prior to administration of the aforementioned breath test, his mouth was checked at (1:02 a.m.) and found to be clear of any foreign objects. Test results were at or above twice the legal limit. He was checked through (Motor Vehicle Department) and found to have one prior DWI arrest. During the tow inventory of the vehicle, a black handgun was found underneath the driver seat. A 1/2 empty bottle of Recuerdo 750ml was found behind the passenger side of the vehicle. The handgun was tagged into evidence. Jonathan was unable to provide the vehicle’s valid insurance paperwork. He was booked on the listed charges. His vehicle was towed. A copy of the lapel camera was tagged into evidence.”

Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Seemed like the cop gave him an out but he missed it. Were you planning on driving? And Have you been driving? The correct answers would have been No sir, not me. Nope not driving anywhere.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

And he never will with prosecutors like these lol. No jail, 3 and 1/2 days of house arrest-light during self isolating season, 500$ fine, 3 months of out patient alcohol/drug treatment and 48 hours of community service. Must be nice, Jon. Until the next one.

Jon Jones agrees to plea deal on DWI charge in New Mexico
3:52 PM PT
Marc Raimondi
ESPN Staff Writer

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones agreed to plead guilty to DWI (second offense) on Tuesday, and he will not face any jail time if he follows the terms of a plea agreement, according to a spokesperson for the Bernalillo County, New Mexico, district attorney's office.

Jones was arrested on four charges Thursday in Albuquerque.

Per the agreement, Jones must serve 96 consecutive hours in a county Community Custody Program similar to house arrest. In addition, Jones must complete 48 hours of community service, pay a $500 fine and take part in a 90-day outpatient treatment program.

Jones will be on supervised probation for one year, and an interlock ignition will be placed on any vehicle he operates, meaning he won't be able to start his vehicle without using a device to test blood alcohol level. He will be able to use marijuana with a medical card.

At the time of his arrest, Jones also was charged with negligent use of a deadly weapon, no proof of insurance and possession of an open container of alcohol. Those charges were dropped.

Jones pleaded guilty to DWI charges in 2012 in New York, so Bernalillo County prosecutors considered this a second offense. Jones was facing 364 days in jail as a maximum penalty. That discipline could still come into play if he does not fulfill the sentence.

"His attorney and Mr. Jones have been made aware that if he fails to do this, the state will seek to impose the balance of any jail time without regard for any exceptional circumstances," said Michael Patrick, director of communications for the Bernalillo County District Attorney.

The agreement needs to be approved by a judge.

"While we all work to understand and cope with stress and uncertainties surrounding the current state of our world, I want to express how truly disappointed I am that I have become the source of a negative headline again, especially during these trying times," Jones said in a statement. "I am disappointed for letting down the people I care about the most, my family, friends and my fans. ... I accept full responsibility for my actions and I know that I have some personal work to do which involves the unhealthy relationship I have with alcohol.

"I have dedicated so much time and energy to improve my community and I will not allow this personal setback to hinder my work within the community when we need it most. I truly appreciate the support I have received from the community of Albuquerque and all my fans around the world. I very much look forward to putting this behind me. Thanks you all for your continued love and support and please take care of yourselves."

Bernalillo County's CCP allows Jones to be home with his family, but he will be monitored on a daily basis, per the county's website, during his four-day sentence. He must report to this program within 90 days.

Jones will have to wear an ankle bracelet, which tracks his movement. He will have to remain home "unless permitted by their tracker to be elsewhere." In addition, he will be subject to random drug testing. A positive test for alcohol or illegal drugs could result in a loss of CCP privileges.

He must complete his 90-day outpatient treatment program within his one-year probation period. He will be allowed to do so via telemedicine due to the coronavirus pandemic.

"Normally, the State would be requesting a pre-sentencing report and a recommendation to Substance Recovery Court, however due to COVID-19 it is not clear the program can accept anyone at this time," Patrick wrote. "It is also the reason that we are agreeing to the 4 days on CCP with 90 days for turn-in (the metropolitan jail just reported a new case of COVID-19). Jones is still required to complete a minimum of 90 day out-patient treatment, maximum fines and fees, community service and all other requirements of reporting to probation."

Jones was arrested Thursday after an Albuquerque Police Department officer said he heard a gunshot nearby. The officer spotted a man he identified as Jones in the driver's seat of a black Jeep at around 1 a.m. local time. There was an open bottle of mezcal behind the passenger seat, the officer said. A handgun was found later.

The criminal complaint said Jones had "blood shot watery eyes" and "a strong odor of alcohol coming from his facial region," and he admitted to driving earlier and had the intention of driving again. Jones did field sobriety tests and "performed poorly on all three of them," according to the criminal complaint, which led to his arrest for DWI. Jones tested "at or above twice the legal limit" in a Breathalyzer test administered after he was arrested, the complaint stated.

In the arrest video from officer Brian Johnson's lapel camera obtained by ESPN, Jones said he had been drinking vodka and told the officer he was "stir-crazy" being indoors and that this was his first drive in two weeks. Jones said he was pulled over after "being nice" to homeless people.

"I saw these homeless guys. I was being nice to them," Jones said. "Having a conversation with them, treating them like humans."

Jones, 32, a UFC champion, holds the records for title fight wins (14) and title defenses (11, tied with Demetrious Johnson). Jones (26-1, 1 NC), ESPN's No. 2 pound-for-pound fighter, has lost once in his career, via disqualification in 2009. The Albuquerque resident and New York native is coming off a unanimous decision win over Dominick Reyes at UFC 247 on Feb. 8.

He currently doesn't have a date or opponent set for his next title defense.

Jones has had several incidents outside of the Octagon, including a felony hit-and-run arrest in 2015. In October, Jones pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in a case in which he was accused of slapping a strip club cocktail waitress in the genital region. Jones has failed two drug tests administered by the United States Anti-Doping Agency, UFC's anti-doping partner. He was suspended twice, but both times USADA cleared him of intentional use of performance-enhancing drugs.
https://www.espn.com/mma/ufc/story/_/id ... new-mexico

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”