Shields dominated Dicaire to become Undisputed Champ for 2nd time

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

Shields dominated Dicaire to become Undisputed Champ for 2nd time

Post by the13r »

Dicaire is getting KO'd bad... she has been built up quick by GYM (Yvon Michel) notorious for quick step ups like Sebastien Demers, Herman Ngoudjo... She is a good physical specimen, determine, strong... but she is dead easy to hit and not THAT good technically... hand picked... This women boxing part becomes a joke when you consider the opposition
Tocsin

Re: Shields vs Dicaire

Post by Tocsin »

I mean Shields has 2 stoppages in 10 fights and both those were standing stoppages...she has just 1 knockdown in her career. She'll win every round but is she really gonna KTFO someone?
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

its a TKO for sure... KTFO possible... She is THAT bad
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

cant be worse than that Szabados woman shields fought a while ago.....that was THE worst display of boxing i think iv ever seen...
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
the13r
TTR

Claressa Shields VS Marie Eve Dicaire in Flint, Michigan

Post by the13r »

Friday 5, March 2021
Dort Federal Event Center, Flint, Michigan, USA
commission Michigan Unarmed Combat Commission
promoter Salita Promotions - Dmitriy Salita
matchmaker Steve Clemente, Lina Kurylyuk
***WATCH HERE***

super welter
Claressa Shields 10 0 0
:idea:
Marie Eve Dicaire 17 0 0
World Boxing Council World Female Super Welter Title
International Boxing Federation World Female Super Welter Title
World Boxing Organisation World Female Super Welter Title
World Boxing Association Super World Female Super Welter Title

heavy
Danielle Perkins 2 0 0
Monika Harrison 2 1 1

middle
Logan Holler 9 0 1
Schemelle Baldwin 3 1 2

bantam
Jamie Mitchell 5 0 2
Noemi Bosques 12 15 3

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Canvas

Post by Canvas »

PPV ?

lol
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

yeah online ppv though... tv ppv in canada... terrible

good thing its free in argentina!!
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I suspect Shields will win every round, and possibly score a TKO after landing several punches. She makes Paulie Malignaggi look like Earnie Shavers most of the time. Women Boxers in general have virtually no punching power.
the13r
TTR

Re: Shields vs Dicaire •Live@10:15pm•

Post by the13r »

Watch above on the WATCH HERE LINK for the Argentina feed
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I have no interest in this.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Prediction: Shields wins every round in a non competitive bout, and maybe gets a stoppage while the girl is still standing.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

KTFO by Shields... Dicaire in the ropes hanging and lookinga lmost dead a la Mathis Vs Holm I... 2 or 3 classes in difference skills wise. Another HUGE step up straight to the top signed Yvon Michel.
scorpy

Re: Shields vs Dicaire •NOW LIVE•

Post by scorpy »

Either a TKO or decision win for Shields. I know Dicaire is not that good, but Shields has no power. She has not even koed opponents that were worst then Dicaire... Though Shields said she worked on her power. Maybe...
the13r
TTR

Re: Shields vs Dicaire •NOW LIVE•

Post by the13r »

super welter
Claressa Shields 10 0 0
Marie Eve Dicaire 17 0 0
World Boxing Council World Female Super Welter Title
International Boxing Federation World Female Super Welter Title
World Boxing Organisation World Female Super Welter Title
World Boxing Association Super World Female Super Welter Title

Shields won by UD

Shields won all the rounds... Dicaire was out of it after a few rounds... She was throwing arm punches and her footwork got sloppier. She started to hold a lot because Shields hand speed on the inside was too much. That holding saved her... That and her control of the distance.

Shields started aggressive looking to land a big straight right for a Hl reel type of KO... she couldn<t and started to breath hard after 5... IMO she could<ve gotten an easy TKO by letting her hands go but she didn"t imo because she was preoccupied with her stamina.
Tocsin

Re: Shields dominated Dicaire to become Undisputed Champ for 2nd time

Post by Tocsin »

Shields has scored 1 knockdown in her whole career, on an accumulation of shots, she was never gonna get a ktfo man...she simply can't punch even vs badly outclassed opposition.

I heard she signed with Bellator? She'll certainly get more of a challenge in MMA than she will in boxing. Despite the lack of power, she's way too good a boxer for the women around her weight. I don't really know what else she could do in boxing if she's looking for more interesting fights or to build her profile.

Maybe Claressa vs Conor in boxing lol?
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

The only big fights even possible for her in Boxing would be if Laila Ali came out of retirement to fight her or if she fought Cecilia Braekhus if Braekhus is able to regain her title at Welterweight. There's literally nothing else that would ever matter that she could do in Boxing.

In MMA she'd be challenged by grapplers obviously so at least she'd be in competitive bouts.

Maybe she'd be in interesting fights in the Bareknuckle or something. I don't know.

She's obviously talented, but there's just not much in Boxing that would ever be all that interesting to watch. Her utter lack of power doesn't help.

Her bouts are a foregone conclusion before they even start. She's gonna win every round, and probably not ever hurt her opponent in a dramatic way.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Tocsin wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:27 am Shields has scored 1 knockdown in her whole career, on an accumulation of shots, she was never gonna get a ktfo man...she simply can't punch even vs badly outclassed opposition.

I heard she signed with Bellator? She'll certainly get more of a challenge in MMA than she will in boxing. Despite the lack of power, she's way too good a boxer for the women around her weight. I don't really know what else she could do in boxing if she's looking for more interesting fights or to build her profile.

Maybe Claressa vs Conor in boxing lol?

It was not because of Shields but because of Dicaire that I predicted A stoppage. Dicaire has been hurt by worst fighters and Shields could be gotten that stoppage if she was in better shape. She never really tried for the accumulation tko.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Shields just doesn't have any pop. She's obviously leaps and bounds above the other Women Boxers as far as talent, but punching power she just ain't got, and ain't gonna have.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Is Shields the best p4p female boxer ever? She outclasses everyone
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Possibly. It'd be either her or Laila Ali.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I really don't know enough to say. Amanda Serrano and Cecilia Braekhus have also won a load of title fights, and in divisions with more talent, though not with the same dominance of Shields. Lucia Rijker also looked like a beast and very good on the eye test, but didn't have many fights of note.

I'm not sure about Ali being the GOAT or even in the top 5....her opposition fighting that heavy was pretty out of shape and poor for the most part, often flabby opponents who were much naturally smaller and looked better suited to several divisions lower if they got in shape. The female talent is much better as you move more towards the 130s and lower. No doubt she's the most famous female boxer of all time though.

If Shields isn't the best, you think she'd have to at least be up there among the very best and isn't far off calling herself the GWOAT. The extensive amateur boxing background she had is also something that many of the previous top female boxers didn't have, either coming in completely raw or only with kickboxing experience (which is useful, but not the same as boxing).

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”