Fury-Wilder II: 800-850K PPV Buys

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
TheSickness316

Re: Fury-Wilder II: 800-850K PPV Buys

Post by TheSickness316 »

Danielk015 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:15 am
TheSickness316 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:08 am
Danielk015 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:00 am

AJ vs Ruiz 2 DID MORE REVENUE than Wilder vs Fury 2. LOL. I dont need any excuses or qualifiers. Just facts. Sorry bud. You lose

Even though this idiot wants to use the advantage of US PPV revenue over UK PPV revenue, AJ vs Ruiz 2 still earned more revenue. LMAO.

Hey so, is Canelo not a box office star since he has no PPV revenue? Since PPV is only thing that matters? It must be sad to be you loser. You lose again
Of course continue you ignoring how much of a liar that you are.

Canelo gets Mexico PPV revenue you dumb fuck. I guess you forget that.

I'm a loser? Your pathetic ass keeps responding to me.
AJ vs Ruiz 2 DID MORE REVENUE than Wilder vs Fury 2. LOL. I dont need any excuses or qualifiers. Just facts. Sorry bud. You lose

Okay.. How much PPV revenue did Canelo Earn in Mexico buddy? Please dig deep for this one.

This beatdown is getting worse and worse loser. You lose again. Damn, you cant be this much of a loser all around can you? I hope you are a winner in real life. Serious bro.
Fury vs. Wilder made more money on PPV. Get used to it.

No beatdown. You wouldn't know how to beat someone down even if your life depended on it.

Remember something, I stated something. You chose to respond to it. Your fragile poor excuse of life couldn't handle what I said. Instead of saying agree to disagree, you had to go with your insults. It's your go to when someone disagrees with you because you can't handle someone having a different opinion than you.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

TheSickness316 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:20 am

No beatdown. You wouldn't know how to beat someone down even if your life depended on it.

Remember something, I stated something. You chose to respond to it. Your fragile poor excuse of life couldn't handle what I said. Instead of saying agree to disagree, you had to go with your insults. It's your go to when someone disagrees with you because you can't handle someone having a different opinion than you.

How much did Canelo make in PPV in Mexico against Kov again? What about Daniel Jacobs? Rocky Fielding?.

This is not a difference of opinion. LMAO. These are just straight facts. AJ's fight earned more revenue, more profit and more purse total for BOTH fighters combined. Not sure what is lost in this argument.

Revenue is more important that PPV numbers, as PPV numbers alone does not tell the whole story.

Anyways, All i know is, my friends in Mexico did not pay any money for the last 3 Canelo fights and they did not pirate it either.

The beatdown drum continues Loser.

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Danielk015 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:33 am
TheSickness316 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:20 am

How much did Canelo make in PPV in Mexico against Kov again? What about Daniel Jacobs? Rocky Fielding?.

This is not a difference of opinion. LMAO. These are just straight facts. AJ's fight earned more revenue, more profit and more purse total for BOTH fighters combined. Not sure what is lost in this argument.

Revenue is more important that PPV numbers, as PPV numbers alone does not tell the whole story.

Anyways, All i know is, my friends in Mexico did not pay any money for the last 3 Canelo fights and they did not pirate it either.

The beatdown drum continues Loser.

It is about a difference of opinion since I said I'm going off PPV revenue you dumb fuck. But your fragile internet ego can't comprehend that. I never said you were wrong in the revenue. I said I'm basing it off PPV since that has always been done. But you don't like it that way because it means calling the fact that Wilder vs. Fury made more PPV money.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

TheSickness316 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:41 am

It is about a difference of opinion since I said I'm going off PPV revenue you dumb fuck. But your fragile internet ego can't comprehend that. I never said you were wrong in the revenue. I said I'm basing it off PPV since that has always been done. But you don't like it that way because it means calling the fact that Wilder vs. Fury made more PPV money.
See that is the thing, it is not a difference of opinion. I am basing this argument on facts. You are deriving box office power simply on PPV just because that is how it has always been done (or so you say). I have agreed that that is a good data set if the PPV revenue streams are from the same source. In this particular argument, they are not.

So when PPV revenues are either not there or not the same, you have to fall back on total revenue. how else could one compare a fight event to a fight event. Dollars earned, profit and how much the fighters earned. PPV revenue has just a part in it.

I go back to Canelo. He has zero PPV revenue in his last 3 fights, but no one will argue that he is not a star of stars and if he negotiated against someone that has done some PPVs, he would get credit for all things not PPV revenue related.

Again, this is not an opinion or point of view. This is about box office power. The AJ vs Ruiz 2 event did more in revenue than Wilder vs Fury 2. No ifs ands or buts about it. It is just pure fact.

All I know is that the person who is a dumb fuck and that has a fragile ego is not me.

Did you find Canelo's Mexico PPV revenues yet?
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Danielk015 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:57 am
TheSickness316 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:41 am

See that is the thing, it is not a difference of opinion. I am basing this argument on facts. You are deriving box office power simply on PPV just because that is how it has always been done (or so you say). I have agreed that that is a good data set if the PPV revenue _______ are from the same source. In this particular argument, they are not.

So when PPV revenues are either not there or not the same, you have to fall back on total revenue. how else could one compare a fight event to a fight event. Dollars earned, profit and how much the fighters earned. PPV revenue has just a part in it.

I go back to Canelo. He has zero PPV revenue in his last 3 fights, but no one will argue that he is not a star of stars and if he negotiated against someone that has done some PPVs, he would get credit for all things not PPV revenue related.

Again, this is not an opinion or point of view. This is about box office power. The AJ vs Ruiz 2 event did more in revenue than Wilder vs Fury 2. No ifs ands or buts about it. It is just pure fact.

All I know is that the person who is a dumb fuck and that has a fragile ego is not me.

Did you find Canelo's Mexico PPV revenues yet?
My whole thing is Wilder vs. Fury 2 did more money on PPV. That's a fact.

So I say? When was site fee or total revenue or profit brought up for Manny and Floyd? For Canelo and GGG? For Floyd and Canelo? For Lewis and Tyson?

You see AJ vs. Ruiz 2 did more revenue. Show me where I said you were wrong. Again, when talking who is A or B side it's always about PPV.

Who is the one that started name calling when someone disagreed? That's you. I didn't throw any insults at you until you went at me. It's there for everyone to see. You didn't like what I say and as is your way, you want to throw insults.

And no I haven't.
Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

At my work, the 20-somethings were interested in this and watched it, so the PPV number is somewhat puzzling to me.

However, I think that a lot of people watched it without having to pay.

The illegal str3ams and monthly subscriptions for services like ITV etc. where they still pay a fee but it's not $80 for the PPV, it's $20 a month for every channel and PPV you could imagine.

There may also be a segment out there that looked into watching the fight but were scared off by the $70-$80 price tag. You can get DAZN for $15-$20 a month. ESPN+ app for $5 a month. Then these guys have the nerve to ask over $70 for one fight? I could see some people out there being put off by that.

Not to mention places like Astor's living room. I find it a little ironic that some of the same people that are saying they're disappointed in these PPV numbers also watched the fight...but didn't pay LOL.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Break even was apparently 1.1m!

Somebody is getting the sack!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

How can you even have a break even point at 1.1m? They were never going to make a profit on this........

My biggest problem with this promotion was the Superbowl adverts. People acting as if it was a big deal, but the adverts were terrible, blink and you miss it... And it seems 99.5m+ did miss it... Very poorly made adverts imo.

Should have got at least a 5 minute spot. Don't get it.

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

I read somewhere, believe yahoo where there was something like 10 mil illegal streams used. EVERYONE was talking about th fight afterwards. It was huge
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

USMILMAN wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:31 am I read somewhere, believe yahoo where there was something like 10 mil illegal _______ used. EVERYONE was talking about th fight afterwards. It was huge
This?

https://sports.yahoo.com/extraordinaril ... 43687.html
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Mayz

Guarantee 50mm in salary and drop millions in sb ads and breakeven goes way up
dwightmac83

Post by dwightmac83 »

Does anyone know how they count the numbers if you watched it at the theater. That's were i watched it at and there wasn't many open seats in there
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:50 am Mayz

Guarantee 50mm in salary and drop millions in sb ads and breakeven goes way up
Yeah, I can see that, although Bob said that Fox paid for that so they got two free Super Bowl adverts...

Whatever the reason for the break even point, the wages, adverts, poorly organised pressers, too many entities... It's way too high, they can't have thought they would do much more than 1m in reality... Unless they really did believe it would do 2m due to the SB adverts... But I maintain that those adverts were so poor, the information was poor and it just didn't get the blood pumping.

Bright side is they probably split the loss between them

gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

The only way Boxing promoters can stop losing money on big events like this is if they stop paying these guys 2 or 3 years of an NBA or NFL salary for one big event.

They overpay the shit out of the fighters. Good for the fighters sure, but if promoters can't afford to pay these guys, and can't make money doing this, why would they keep bothering?

The Payouts for the fighters are gonna have to come back down to Earth or the Sport will die.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Slippery Pete II wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:40 am At my work, the 20-somethings were interested in this and watched it, so the PPV number is somewhat puzzling to me.

The illegal str3ams and monthly subscriptions for services like ITV etc. where they still pay a fee but it's not $80 for the PPV, it's $20 a month for every channel and PPV you could imagine.

There may also be a segment out there that looked into watching the fight but were scared off by the $70-$80 price tag. You can get DAZN for $15-$20 a month. ESPN+ app for $5 a month. Then these guys have the nerve to ask over $70 for one fight? I could see some people out there being put off by that.

Not to mention places like Astor's living room. I find it a little ironic that some of the same people that are saying they're disappointed in these PPV numbers also watched the fight...but didn't pay LOL.
THere were actually non hard core boxing fans that was interested in this fight so I had a typical get together. So I did pay for it. And even when people don't get together, I have paid in the past as well. I am just surprised by the low number. There was good buzz going around it seemed like. perhaps it was the unprecedented watching but not paying. who knows.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

gilgamesh wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:07 pm The only way Boxing promoters can stop losing money on big events like this is if they stop paying these guys 2 or 3 years of an NBA or NFL salary for one big event.

They overpay the shit out of the fighters. Good for the fighters sure, but if promoters can't afford to pay these guys, and can't make money doing this, why would they keep bothering?

The Payouts for the fighters are gonna have to come back down to Earth or the Sport will die.
If it is PPV event, it should definitely be based on number of PPVs so that fighters are rewarded for a ton of sales. And if not, at least networks and other parties are not deep in red ink
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Not only did they have the nerve to charge 80 bucks they put gerald Washington in a co feature. Fuck those crooks they deserve to lose money
BadlyBrowned
______

Post by BadlyBrowned »

Danielk015 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:56 pm
Slippery Pete II wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:40 am At my work, the 20-somethings were interested in this and watched it, so the PPV number is somewhat puzzling to me.

THere were actually non hard core boxing fans that was interested in this fight so I had a typical get together. So I did pay for it. And even when people don't get together, I have paid in the past as well. I am just surprised by the low number. There was good buzz going around it seemed like. perhaps it was the unprecedented watching but not paying. who knows.
I was debating calling out and going out there to watch the fight as there were reasonable bleacher seats left from a reseller. Only thing that stopped me was hotel availability... last time it was that bad was Pac-Mayweather
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

pretty good number. everyone should make money off this one
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

dwightmac83 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:01 am Does anyone know how they count the numbers if you watched it at the theater. That's were i watched it at and there wasn't many open seats in there
I think that might be a separate revenue stream. I remember for big vegas fights, hotels would have ballrooms set up for people that want to watch in a group setting in Vegas, but couldn't get tickets to the main arena. Those were not counted toward any ppv type revenue, just probably a separate revenue stream.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

TopNotch86 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:07 pm pretty good number. everyone should make money off this one
Only the fighters made money. How is anyone else making money when break even was at least 1.1-1.2 ppv buys?

I agree the number itself is not a bad number, but from a financial standpoint, it was a disaster.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

pretty sure i heard that was only the domestic number of buys...there are also sponsorships the gate and everything else in the revenue pool. i can assure you fighters wouldnt be getting the guarantees they get if every fight lost money like everyone here seems to allege
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

TopNotch86 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:05 pm pretty sure i heard that was only the domestic number of buys...there are also sponsorships the gate and everything else in the revenue pool. i can assure you fighters wouldnt be getting the guarantees they get if every fight lost money like everyone here seems to allege
The gate was pretty good, but I cant imagine the UK buys were great with the time it was on. who knows though. Very rarely are there $50m in total guarantees for a main event in purses. The promoters were very confident this fight would do well. And they should have been. Arum thought this fight could do more than 2m PPV buys. With FOX and ESPN doing some pretty heavy promotion across all their networks, that makes sense they all felt this one would do well into the mid to high 1m PPV.

For the sake of boxing, we need fights like this to do very well. But if it did not, hopefully, it is a lesson to both fighters and promoters to set realistic expectations so each event can be a financial success. Every fight on PPV should be heavily results driven, so all parties have the same motivation to go out and sell the fight. Not saying that was not done here, but lower guarantees plus equal participation on the upside is what should be happening in PPV fights.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”