FURY-WILER III.... all but guaranteed?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Peat56

FURY-WILER III.... all but guaranteed?

Post by Peat56 »

I read that Wilder has 30 days to demand a rematch. So I guess there was a clause here that guarantees this for him. Hopefully it can be delayed because I don't think anyone is desperate to see it after such a decisive ending that this fight had.

I'd love to see Fury obliterate Joshua this summer - which he'll do! - while Wilder beats someone decent in the meantime. Then maybe a third fight before year's end or maybe put it off until early 2021.
Tocsin

Re: FURY-WILER III.... all but guaranteed?

Post by Tocsin »

Wilder says he's going to activate the rematch clause, and once again that his outfit was partially to blame for the loss, that is some 2-hands quote material :lol:
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

Yeah I just read that about the costume. Is he serious? This has got to be one of the funniest excuses I have ever heard. How much did that costume weigh?
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Peat56 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:12 pm Yeah I just read that about the costume. Is he serious? This has got to be one of the funniest excuses I have ever heard. How much did that costume weigh?
Apparently it weighed 40 pounds. It's such a bullshit excuse.
BadlyBrowned
______

Post by BadlyBrowned »

TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:44 pm
Peat56 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:12 pm Yeah I just read that about the costume. Is he serious? This has got to be one of the funniest excuses I have ever heard. How much did that costume weigh?
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... -wore-legs

Come on dude you gotta be kidding me. Just take the L and maybe try to fight differently next time.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

BadlyBrowned wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:55 pm
TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:44 pm
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... -wore-legs

Come on dude you gotta be kidding me. Just take the L and maybe try to fight differently next time.
Same article I read. Such a bullshit excuse.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I think the unfair part was that Fury got carried to the ring, so he got extra time to rest his legs that Wilder didn't get. Wilder should make sure there is a condition for a third fight that they either both get carried in or walk in with 40 pound suits
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

It was his outfit, he got hit with a rabbit punch, bayless did poorly, breland threw in the towel early..... did i hit all his excuses???
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

"It weighed 40 pounds"...40 pounds killed your legs??
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

I knew he’d activate the clause.

He needs to spend his whole camp on keeping distance. It’s his only chance
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Wilder needs to imply the kronk/Manny style like Wlad and Stevenson did... He is built for it and it will cover his inside fighting and stamina flaws
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:38 pm It was his outfit, he got hit with a rabbit punch, bayless did poorly, breland threw in the towel early..... did i hit all his excuses???
The mask meant he couldn't breathe properly.
He put his outfit on early.
He had to climb 3 steps to the ring.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

BS if this rematch happens, Wilder has literally held this belt hostage for years... Even when he hasn't got it!

Ffs move on you absolute bum.

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Mayz wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:23 am BS if this rematch happens, Wilder has literally held this belt hostage for years... Even when he hasn't got it!

There's this thing called a rematch clause in a contract. You know, the same thing your obsession Joshua used after he got his ass beat by Ruiz. Yet you weren't saying anything like this when that happened. So it's only okay in your eyes for Joshua to use a rematch clause, but not Wilder.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

BS if this rematch happens, Wilder has literally held this belt hostage for years... Even when he hasn't got it!

Was it BS when AJ initiated his rematch clause? I know you have a short/selective memory, but AJ got beaten down worse than Wilder did. I didn't hear you telling AJ to "move on".

Wilder probably gets his ass kicked again...but it's his contractual right to go forward with a rematch.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I wonder if the third fight would have rematch clauses too, maybe these guys just fight each other until the end lol
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Tocsin wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:21 am I wonder if the third fight would have rematch clauses too, maybe these guys just fight each other until the end lol
It could, but at that point it would probably just be Fury with the clause since he's the one with the titles. But then again, Canelo had rematch clause against GGG though he didn't have a title.
Last edited by TheSickness316 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:17 am

Was it BS when AJ initiated his rematch clause? I know you have a short/selective memory, but AJ got beaten down worse than Wilder did. I didn't hear you telling AJ to "move on".

Wilder probably gets his ass kicked again...but it's his contractual right to go forward with a rematch.
There was no bigger fight than AJ/Ruiz II.

There is no bigger fight now than AJ/Fury.

It aint difficult to understand.

Move on Deontay, let the best fights happen, stop holding up the division!

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Mayz wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:28 am

There was no bigger fight than AJ/Ruiz II.

There is no bigger fight now than AJ/Fury.

It aint difficult to understand.

Move on Deontay, let the best fights happen, stop holding up the division!
No bigger fight than AJ vs. Ruiz 2? Lol.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Shhh Hills. You're being too logical.

Think about it... Joshua "held up the division" with his rematch clause when we could've had an undisputed champion by having Wilder vs. Ruiz since it's supposed to be about having an undisputed champion. But Joshua held the division "hostage" and kept us from having an undisputed champion since we could have definitely had Wilder vs. Ruiz.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

THe problem with this fight is that most honest observers feel that Fury won twice. The other problem too is I think Wilder still has a chance to make noise in the HW division but that will be severely diminished after another beatdown by Fury. There are a lot of matchups that Wilder can take in the next 2-3 fights and if he wins, set up a big 3rd fight with Fury and/or AJ. The interest in this fight is down because of the way Wilder just got mopped up and if he gets crushed again, he is done at his aage
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Ya, I'd prefer something fresh. They've already fought not once, but twice, and the last result was a beatdown, with most people having Fury winning the first time too. It would be going to a 3rd fight with Wilder not having a win. It's his legal right with the rematch clause, but whereas the 2nd made sense and was an exciting matchup, a third fight is a bit stale and I'd rather have them fight other people.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Danielk015 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:10 pm THe problem with this fight is that most honest observers feel that Fury won twice. The other problem too is I think Wilder still has a chance to make noise in the HW division but that will be severely diminished after another beatdown by Fury. There are a lot of matchups that Wilder can take in the next 2-3 fights and if he wins, set up a big 3rd fight with Fury and/or AJ. The interest in this fight is down because of the way Wilder just got mopped up and if he gets crushed again, he is done at his aage
I feel that the problem though is how suddenly it's all about having an undisputed champion when Wilder is no longer champion. If it's about having an undisputed champion like some on here say, then Joshua did the very same thing he is accusing Wilder of doing when he got his ass beat and exercised his contractual rematch clause. Ruiz and Wilder are both managed by Haymon and neither has an exclusive deal with a network, so it would have been such an easy fight to make, but didn't get it because of Joshua.

I'm not saying a 3rd fight immediately has the same hype, but if it's now this whole exercising a contractual rematch is bullshit and it's holding the division hostage, then the same should have been said when Joshua did the very same thing. If people want to be consistent, the same should've been said about Joshua.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

TheSickness316 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:24 pm
Danielk015 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:10 pm THe problem with this fight is that most honest observers feel that Fury won twice. The other problem too is I think Wilder still has a chance to make noise in the HW division but that will be severely diminished after another beatdown by Fury. There are a lot of matchups that Wilder can take in the next 2-3 fights and if he wins, set up a big 3rd fight with Fury and/or AJ. The interest in this fight is down because of the way Wilder just got mopped up and if he gets crushed again, he is done at his aage
I feel that the problem though is how suddenly it's all about having an undisputed champion when Wilder is no longer champion. If it's about having an undisputed champion like some on here say, then Joshua did the very same thing he is accusing Wilder of doing when he got his ass beat and exercised his contractual rematch clause. Ruiz and Wilder are both managed by Haymon and neither has an exclusive deal with a network, so it would have been such an easy fight to make, but didn't get it because of Joshua.

I'm not saying a 3rd fight immediately has the same hype, but if it's now this whole exercising a contractual rematch is bullshit and it's holding the division hostage, then the same should have been said when Joshua did the very same thing. If people want to be consistent, the same should've been said about Joshua.
I dont know anything about holding the division hostage. Wilder has the right to fight a 3rd time and if he wants to do it, no worries there. My perspective was just from me as a fan and as a fan, how I see both fury and wilder both potentially making more noise in the near future. There are better fights out there for both and that is all i personally am interested in seeing.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Danielk015 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:47 pm
TheSickness316 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:24 pm

I dont know anything about holding the division hostage. Wilder has the right to fight a 3rd time and if he wants to do it, no worries there. My perspective was just from me as a fan and as a fan, how I see both fury and wilder both potentially making more noise in the near future. There are better fights out there for both and that is all i personally am interested in seeing.
I get wanting to see Joshua vs. Fury or Wilder vs. Ruiz or someone else considering how things went with Fury vs
Wilder 2. But Wilder has the rematch clause and people need to realize that a 3rd fight was probably going to happen no matter what since Fury also had a rematch clause in case he lost also.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”