FURY stopped WILDER in Rematch

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
jeff_lacy_ko

Re: FURY stopped WILDER in Rematch

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

I dont know.... mannys socks still take the cake
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:23 pm I dont know.... mannys socks still take the cake
Wait, I dont remember this one. What happened there?
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Tocsin wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:18 pm I think they are lol. It was the wrist, a broken arm, sprained fingers, and the flu in the first fight, and now the skeleton in this one :lol:

That's up there with Wlad being drugged before Brewster or Hearns getting his legs rubbed too much before the Hagler fight
The best excuse I ever heard was in MMA. When Tito Ortiz lost to Forrest Griffin in their 2nd fight, Tito said he had a crack skull going into the fight.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

FightFanAL wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:27 pm
jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:23 pm I dont know.... mannys socks still take the cake
First morales fight. Manny had the wrong socks hahaha seriously
FightFanAL

Post by FightFanAL »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:01 pm
Oh shit I forgot all about that one lmao. Yeah that one is tough to beat.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Didn't Mosley make an excuse against Manny saying he wore new boots?
BadlyBrowned
______

Post by BadlyBrowned »

TheSickness316 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:55 pm

Didn't Mosley make an excuse against Manny saying he wore new boots?
There was a clip of him removing his boots after the fight and him having athlete's foot and it looked pretty gross.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Wilder says he's going to activate the rematch clause, and once again that his outfit was partially to blame for the loss :lol:
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Tocsin wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:53 pm Wilder says he's going to activate the rematch clause, and once again that his outfit was partially to blame for the loss :lol:
So ridiculous of an excuse. It's not as bad as Tito Ortiz saying he fought Forrest Griffin in their 2nd fight (that Tito lost) with a cracked skull, but it's such bullshit.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Wilder has a lot of pride so he is going to try to get right back at it. He has lost like 15-16 of 19 rounds now. Wilder is going back in there for another beatdown
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Danielk015 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:56 pm Wilder has a lot of pride so he is going to try to get right back at it. He has lost like 15-16 of 19 rounds now. Wilder is going back in there for another beatdown
He's already said he's exercising the rematch clause.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Whats the last round wilder has clearly won where he didnt score a knockdown?
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Vs either Duhaupas or Arreola I'd say...
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Of rounds that were actually complete.....I can't remember enough from the first Ortiz fight, but he definitely won all the rounds clearly vs Arreola. Without KDs I don't think he won anything clear in either Fury fight, the Ortiz rematch, or the Washington fight though. And of course Stiverne and Breazeale didn't even have a scored round (he's a bit of a victim of his own success in that respect).

So I'd say either Arreola or Ortiz I (again, I'm a bit hazy on some of those Ortiz rounds)
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

TheSickness316 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:57 pm
Danielk015 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:56 pm Wilder has a lot of pride so he is going to try to get right back at it. He has lost like 15-16 of 19 rounds now. Wilder is going back in there for another beatdown
He's already said he's exercising the rematch clause.
Yea i know. I just meant that his pride is leading him right back at it and he is going back for another beatdown. He is trying to make that happen. He said it, but he still needs to sign on the dotted line and get it official with dates and such. He should really rethink it though
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Deas and Finkel were mad at the stoppage and I guess they thought Wilder was still in it, I wouldn't be surprised if they were pushing for the immediate rematch and are more confident about Wilder's chances than any of us would be.

I saw rumours that Breland might even get axed, so maybe they were REALLY mad about that stoppage.

Personally I'd rather see a fresh matchup for now.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Tocsin wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:43 am Deas and Finkel were mad at the stoppage and I guess they thought Wilder was still in it, I wouldn't be surprised if they were pushing for the immediate rematch and are more confident about Wilder's chances than any of us would be.

I saw rumours that Breland might even get axed, so maybe they were REALLY mad about that stoppage.

Personally I'd rather see a fresh matchup for now.
Scapegoat.

I really hope he doesn't keep Deas and sack Breland as a scapegoat. He will regret it when his career is over. The guy saved his life.

He really needs to sack Deas too, who doesn't care for his wellbeing and sent him to the ring totally unprepared.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Anybody seeing a vid alleging illegal glove tactic by Fury? Not having the knuckles properly covered?
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

straycat wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:45 pm Anybody seeing a vid alleging illegal glove tactic by Fury? Not having the knuckles properly covered?
You wish that was true don't you
straycat

Post by straycat »

Not really just seen it on FB but ya cant take that as gospel no how. Why I inquired here.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Tocsin wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:49 pm
straycat wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:45 pm Anybody seeing a vid alleging illegal glove tactic by Fury? Not having the knuckles properly covered?
You wish that was true don't you
:lol:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
straycat

Post by straycat »

If it is it is, if it aint it aint, not wishing anything tho it may appear so. If any teeth to the piece it will come out.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Wilder would have his ass beat even if Fury had pillows in his gloves. Wilder's team was in that room as well as a NEvada official when hands are wrapped. So if they had a problem, they needed to raise it then.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Couldn't get this to load on my phone but there are a few of these on youtube, no actual article is being posted that I can find.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Stray, cmon bro - You must get all your 'facts' from facebook? LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VfWQOzUa9U

Look at the fight clips. Does the punches look weird? That video you uploaded is not even from Fury WIlder 2

WHAT THE FAWK?!?!??!??!?!?

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”