FURY stopped WILDER in Rematch

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
TheSickness316

Re: FURY stopped WILDER in Rematch

Post by TheSickness316 »

Canvas wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:12 am Besides Kenny Bayless doing his thing, you know how else we know Haymon had fixes in for insurance? Glen Feldman scored one round to Wilder. I kid you not. He gave round 2 to Wilder.

lol. Unreal.
So the insurance was in with 1 judge thinking Wilder won 1 round and the other judges having Fury winning all 6? Based on that when considering the knockdowns, Wilder needed to win by knockout.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Fury fought exactly as i said he would when he said he was coming in heavy. Clinch hold and lean on him to wear out his legs. Bayless allowed it all night for some strange reason. Took a point but went right back to ignoring it which was odd. Perfect gameplan for a guy like wilder if you got a ref that wont stop it. Wilder cant fight inside. Wear him down and land shots when his legs are shot. Excellent gameplan and performance by fury. 2 best HWs in the biz by far put on a show. Wilders corner stopping it there was alright but i wouldve let him go a bit more. But his legs were shot. The blood in the ear is concerning hoping it was a cut ear and not internally bleeding.
Last edited by TopNotch86 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Canvas wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:12 am Besides Kenny Bayless doing his thing, you know how else we know Haymon had fixes in for insurance? Glen Feldman scored one round to Wilder. I kid you not. He gave round 2 to Wilder.

lol. Unreal.
I mean Wilder was given 5 rounds by one judge and 7 rounds by another in the first fight!

Kenny was DESPERATE for Wilder to win. If Fury didn't get the knockdown in Round 3, I have no doubt Wilder would've been given the round and many more. Fury knew the fix was on again and he took matters into his own hands.

Fair play, but the ref at least needs to be investigated right now. Probably the judge too.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Bayless is notorious for getting 'hands on', it's his style, not something he brought out just in an attempt to help Wilder.
Last edited by Tocsin on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Mayz wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:35 am

lol. Unreal.
I mean Wilder was given 5 rounds by one judge and 7 rounds by another in the first fight!

Kenny was DESPERATE for Wilder to win. If Fury didn't get the knockdown in Round 3, I have no doubt Wilder would've been given the round and many more. Fury knew the fix was on again and he took matters into his own hands.

Fair play, but the ref at least needs to be investigated right now. Probably the judge too.
Kenny for wilder? On what planet? He let fury clinch and put him in headlocks all night. Thought it was boxing not mma.... knew that was gonna be allowed once arum got involved though. Wilder should have prepared for it. If i knew fury was going that route wilders corner should have. Poor underprepared performance for an obvious strategy by a blown up fighter on the scale
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Tocsin wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:37 am Bayless is notorious for getting 'hands on', it's just his style, not something he brought out to help Wilder.
Hands on, warning Tyson constantly, deducting a point, giving Wilder as much time as possible when he was on the verge of going, not calling knockdowns.

This is way beyond 'hands on'.

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

So I see we're now at the point that if a judge scores 1 round differently than what we might think, there must be some investigation because the judge has been bought off. This is Gino syndrome.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I had it 6-0 Fury but the 2nd is the one round he didn't clearly win. It's not really an issue.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Jay Deas saying Wilders legs didn't look right, maybe because his outfit on the way to the ring was too heavy :lol:

chef97

Post by chef97 »

Wilder looked gassed after the first round and Fury was the elusive ambidextrous problem he's always been... What was surprising was the knock downs that Fury scored.... Can Wilder come back from this upset KO loss? So long as he avoids Fury in future it is possible... Fury vs. Joshua is the mega fight to be made at heavyweight now.... Also, thanks for all you do for all of us Astor!
Chef
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

I'm not a Fury fan, but, I'm a fan of his athleticism, and Deontay is clearly a very limited fighter in what he is good at.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

I didn't see the fight(had the kids basketball games to attend), but it sounded like a beatdown.

Now let's hope we can get an undisputed HW Champ!!!
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

Ah shit...I thought this was next week. Oh well, happy birthday to me I guess.

To!d you guys Bumsquad was a joke.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Great tactical change by fury. Jabs kept wilder off balance, he hooked off the jab well, chopped right hands in, laid on wilders right inside... brilliant

Wilder was concussed and didnt recover after the 3rd. Similar to joshua against ruiz
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Random thoughts....

Tony weeks is far superior to Bayless.. bayless is biased and was terrible

Joshua v fury is the biggest fight in uk history. Does fury first fight whyte?
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:00 pm Random thoughts....

No need to fight Whyte first. This fight needs no more build up.

jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Mayz wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:29 pm

I agree but whyte is due that shot
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:46 pm
Mayz wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:29 pm

I agree but whyte is due that shot
Suleiman has said not until 2021 lol

jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Oh good.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

I thought that Fury did better the first fight... and I thought a nod was in order, even though I am not a Fury fan.

This one left no doubt. I thought that AJ was the best-rounded of the bunch, and I thought that AJ would beat Wilder... I didn't think that Fury would beat AJ, but that jab and movement make me think otherwise. Not the knockout, so much as the gameplan and the movement. Fury let himself get tagged the first time, and I think he won't let that happen again if he can help it.

A third fight would be a lot of the same in terms of Wilder not being able to get his right hand off... I don't know that Fury would catch Wilder the same way, but Wilder was eating shots all night. It was as if he was ignoring Fury's left and he was surprised when there was a right behind it at times. We all have said that Wilder's skill deficiencies would catch up with him, but I don't think that Fury steamrolling him was the general wisdom. Good for Fury - major props for a great fight plan and great execution. I hope that he is not a Riddick Bowe, though... great skills and potential - PLEASE don't waste it. I would love to see a long, dominant reign by a guy who will bring attention to the heavyweight division because he is just so freaking odd.

Dude LICKED HIS BLOOD.

Wilder will continue to beat guys who can not focus and deal with the threat of the right hand for the entire fight, but he is done against any heavyweight with good skills in my opinion. I just don't know if Wilder can get any better.

I think that AJ versus Wilder is more competitive than Fury versus AJ, but the cash potential... split the freaking pot 50/50 and let's get that thing on, shall we?
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Team Deontay saying the outfit he wore to the ring was too heavy and may have messed him up :lol:
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Tocsin wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:06 pm Team Deontay saying the outfit he wore to the ring was too heavy and may have messed him up :lol:
Lol!!!
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Tocsin wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:06 pm Team Deontay saying the outfit he wore to the ring was too heavy and may have messed him up :lol:
they cant be serious....lol
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I think they are lol. It was the wrist, a broken arm, sprained fingers, and the flu in the first fight, and now the skeleton in this one :lol:

That's up there with Wlad being drugged before Brewster or Hearns getting his legs rubbed too much before the Hagler fight
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

And I thought I had heard every terrible excuse ever made lol.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”