Gervonta Davis isn't ready for Vasyl Lomachenko!

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
NoPropaganda 253

Re: Gervonta Davis isn't ready for Vasyl Lomachenko!

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

stunna 2.0 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:55 pm Where is this year and a half you're talking about tanks longest layoff was 10 months
Misspoke. Reference it correctly earlier in the post about his 1 fight in 16 months. But the rest of it stands.
TheUltimateFan

Post by TheUltimateFan »

Seems today's top fighters, don't fight as much as in the old days (Hearns, Leonard, Benitez, Duran, etc.). The money is better so why take th risk or challenge seems to be the current top boxers mentality. Gervonta needs to keep upping the quality and risk level this year to prepare for the ultimate showdown against Lomanachenko next year.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

TheUltimateFan wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:55 am Seems today's top fighters, don't fight as much as in the old days (Hearns, Leonard, Benitez, Duran, etc.). The money is better so why take th risk or challenge seems to be the current top boxers mentality. Gervonta needs to keep upping the quality and risk level this year to prepare for the ultimate showdown against Lomanachenko next year.
IMO, these fighters lack true confidence, true courage to take on the best to reach the pinnacle sooner and even stay there. DLH was a top earner and even when he got to the top, he kept fighting big challenges. Same with Manny. There are a lot of fighters just from a generation ago that decided fighting for glory and money was what they were going to do. Right now, it is all about the money.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:45 pm Loma is not unbeatable, he's been beaten, and troubled by fighters(Linares/Campbell) before. But what I saw from Tank this past Saturday, if that's the best he can do at 135, then he has no chance against Loma. The pure talent between the two is nearly equal, but Loma, obviously takes his craft seriously, and is one of the hardest workers in the sport. Tank, not so much.

Tank seems to have developed that 'Mayweather Syndrome': As in...all of the guys who hang around, associate, and come up through Floyd, think that they are Floyd, or at that level. While failing to realize, that Floyd, was one of the hardest workers in the sport, and earned his lofty status, by actually moving up through the ranks.
Well yea i mean since he has lost... to a mid level gatekeeper...
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

Since when is a 5 time title holder in two different divisions a gatekeeper?
Pangloss

Post by Pangloss »

Until he starts slipping, Lomachenko isn’t losing to anybody his size or smaller, and Davis being a piss-head burgeoning alcoholic who gets fat and can’t make weight properly doesn’t actually make him bigger than Lomachenko, so he’s out of luck unless he waits him out, which he probably will, and there’s a decent chance it will pay off, although I suspect Lomachenko loses before they ever fight while challenging himself against bigger guys.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

FightFanAL wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:24 am Since when is a 5 time title holder in two different divisions a gatekeeper?
since hes lost idk what 14-15 times? the so called best fighter in the world losing to a guy whos been beaten by over a dozen other guys... theres no silver lining that was a bad loss
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Tank still hasn't had an opponent as tricky or threatening as Salido. They're really playing the long game with the kid from Baltimore
TheUltimateFan

Post by TheUltimateFan »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:13 am Tank still hasn't had an opponent as tricky or threatening as Salido. They're really playing the long game with the kid from Baltimore
Bingo!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”