Terence Crawford: I’ve accomplished more than every PBC welterweight except Pacquiao

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Terence Crawford: I’ve accomplished more than every PBC welterweight except Pacquiao

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/12/11/ ... t-pacquiao

Leading into his welterweight title defense this weekend, Terence Crawford takes media questions about his upcoming career plans and what we can expect to see from him, even if he can’t get major fights against PBC welterweights. Check it out...

On people who say he’s ‘on the wrong side of the street’ if he’s trying to unify 147, being that he’s with Top Rank/ESPN while the other top names are with PBC:

“I would say all of you (media) that’s feeding the people that ‘wrong side of the street.’ There’s no such thing as wrong side of the street in the sport of boxing. When you look at it, Deontay Wilder is about to fight Tyson Fury and you never heard anything about ‘wrong side of the street.’ It’s just something they say when Terence Crawford got something to do with it. You don’t ever hear ‘wrong side of the street’ with any other fighter but Terence Crawford...

“If those fights can get made then they can get made. It’s more so about money at the end of the day.”

On how much that ongoing narrative bothers him:

“It really too much don’t bother me as much as people think. I done accomplished more than all those welterweights over there except Pacquiao. If you look at what I accomplished in the sport of boxing, if you looks at what Errol, Keith, Shawn, Danny Garcia, all those other welterweights over there, I done accomplished way more each and every one of them, except Pacquiao.

“I really don’t need them. They need me.”

On just trying to stay busy and earn without getting caught up in the politics of the sport:

“Ya’ll look at us fighters and say ‘oh, he’s not fighting a top opponent’ and ya’ll really ain’t did ya’ll history on the opponent. Like I look at ‘Mean Machine’ as a good opponent, a quality opponent. He’s a two-time Olympian, never lost before. Yeah, he had a close fight with Ray Robinson but Ray Robinson is an awkward fighter. Dude can fight, he know what he doing in there, and it makes for a great fight.”

On Spence saying Crawford isn’t pulling in enough numbers to fight him yet:

“That’s just an excuse. If I fought those same opponents that he fought, then just think, my numbers would be the same, probably more.”

On if he’d be disappointed if Spence never regains his form prior to his car accident, preventing a fight between them from ever happening:

“Well, yeah. It would be a bad way to leave the sport if he don’t get back. But at the same time — decisions you make, you know? It’s nothing I can do about it.”

On if he would go back down to 140 if he can’t land major fights at 147:

“...if I was to go back down to 140, what would everybody say? I’m picking on, bullying people. Right?

“I’m going to 160 after this...I’m going to 160, whoever. You think I’m playing, I’m going to 160. My next fight I’m going to 160.”
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
jeff_lacy_ko

Re: Terence Crawford: I’ve accomplished more than every PBC welterweight except Pacquiao

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

He has accomplished a lot but it remains gamboa is his best opponent to date
TheSickness316

Re: Terence Crawford: I’ve accomplished more than every PBC welterweight except Pacquiao

Post by TheSickness316 »

Crawford willing to go up to 160? Interesting.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

He has the same problem at mw he does at ww. Top rank has nothing there
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:44 pm He has the same problem at mw he does at ww. Top rank has nothing there
Does Arum have an issue with Hearn like he does Oscar and Haymon?
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

No so i guess a cross promotion is more possible there
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Arum needs to do something. We see cross promotion for Loma and now Fury. Do your fucking job, Bob and Murata isn't the answer.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Crawford has an argument there. Especially with the weight classes he has gone up. But he cant say they need him only. He needs them to. HIs resume compared to his talent is night and day
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

TC is a helluva fighter, and his talent is undeniable. But he made the choice to resign with TR, when he could have signed with PBC(and better fights).
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:39 pm No so i guess a cross promotion is more possible there
Yeah. Thinking about it, if he goes to 160 and they work with Hearn, I think you could have him face Saunders, Jacobs, or GGG.
stunna 2.0

Post by stunna 2.0 »

It's funny i said that crawford was going tobe just like bradley stuck on top rank with no one to fight he should have never resigned with top rank and now according to Bob Arum crawford is signed to him for life.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

He hasn't accomplished more than Spence or Pac.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

gilgamesh wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:27 pm He hasn't accomplished more than Spence or Pac.
He concedes that about Pac, just not Spence.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

gilgamesh wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:27 pm He hasn't accomplished more than Spence or Pac.
Crawford unified 140 and has won titles atv135 and 147. 13 and 0 in title fights

Spence is 4 and 0 in title fights. Beat lamont, porter and kell brook

I would say Crawford has accomplished a lot. However mikey garcia, kell brook, and shawn porter are the best fighters either have faced and Spence is the one with those wins.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

ForceFed_231 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:57 pm
He concedes that about Pac, just not Spence.
It's plain as day obvious with Pac. With Spence it's not quite as obvious, but I don't think there's much of an argument that Spence hasn't accomplished more. Spence's 2 wins in 2019 outshine Crawford's 4 best wins.
undefeatedchamp

Post by undefeatedchamp »

I think the way Crawford fought vs Mean Machine, he would get KO'd by the middleweight champs GGG, Canelo, Andrade, Charlo. He should sit down at the negotiating table with the 147 top 6 or so fighters and make the fights. 60-40 to 50-50 make it happen. Everyone wants these Floyd-esque 80-20 lion share contracts like AJ at heavyweight talking about they are the bigger draw and it's more money you've ever made when all of that is irrelevant.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

Why can't they just make a fight with Pac?

Like, I literally do not get it.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

5_burowz wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:37 pm Why can't they just make a fight with Pac?

TC should have begged Arum for that fight while Pac was under the Top Rank banner. But unlike TC, Pac decided to hook up with PBC to have the ability to fight the stable of welters available so he wouldn't be on the outside looking in like TC
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

5_burowz wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:37 pm Why can't they just make a fight with Pac?

Pacquiao wasnt interested when he was with top rank
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:32 pm

They lowballed the fuck out of him I'm sure. Pac doesn't duck fights he gets compensated for.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

yoloswaggy911 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:50 am
jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:32 pm

They lowballed the fuck out of him I'm sure. Pac doesn't duck fights he gets compensated for.
Again you can go to boxingscene and read everything they have a section there on this potential fight. That might be the case

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”