Joshua rumoured to have been hurt sparring.

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Re: Joshua rumoured to have been hurt sparring.

Post by Mayz »

You tell me what Wilder has to do with your comments :wink:
You brought Wilder into the conversation.

The last time I checked, Wilder hasn't been dropped multiple times in fights, and has quit. The title of this thread(in case you can't read) is: 'Joshua Rumoured to have been hurt sparring'.

I know it hurts...but time heals all wounds.
I was making a comparison, but you couldn't answer, I wonder why :wink:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Comparison(yeah ok lol)?

How can you compare a guy, who hasn't been dropped or stopped in a fight...to a guy, who has been dropped, stopped, and quit in a fight?

And as far as I know, there have never been rumors or stories about Wilder getting hurt in sparring. This is the 2nd time we've heard this about AJ.

So again...what's there to compare?
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

This is way more than the 2nd time there have been rumors about him getting beat up in sparring. As I said, it was an ongoing joke in British boxing that every HW turning pro had already battered him in the gym.

And Wilder was dropped early in his pro career btw...by Harold Sconiers
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Wilder was consistently said to be hurt in sparring amd had no chin. It was supposedly the reason why he fought nobody until stiverne
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:23 pm Wilder was consistently said to be hurt in sparring amd had no chin. It was supposedly the reason why he fought nobody until stiverne
Every time Wilder has been hurt as a pro, which I only recall once he has rallied back to win in devastating fashion.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

He has been hurt vs Sconiers (his 1 knockdown), Molina, and Ortiz. His recovery is good.

Getting knocked out in the amateurs a year before turning pro, getting dropped shortly after that by Sconiers, and then taking so many fights before stepping up created a lot of talk about a suspect chin, but his durability seems fine. He doesn't have the look of a guy who is going to be ironed by 1 shot and he's recouped well when hurt so far. He's going on 35 and 11-12 years pro, so it would probably be clear by now if he were packing glass.I had initially thought he would get starched but he's held up well.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:46 pm
Comparison(yeah ok lol)?

How can you compare a guy, who hasn't been dropped or stopped in a fight...to a guy, who has been dropped, stopped, and quit in a fight?

And as far as I know, there have never been rumors or stories about Wilder getting hurt in sparring. This is the 2nd time we've heard this about AJ.

Well he has been dropped, hurt multiple times and we've seen videos of him hurt and KO'd with headgear on.

You really do have Wilder shaped spectacles on... Hence my comments earlier :wink:

So would you believe the rumours if some random person from a random website said Wilder was hurt in sparring but couldn't say when, by who, or how bad? Especially considering the first time anyone heard of this site was when he said it the first time and he got a heap of hits.

I'm not saying these AJ rumours aren't true, who knows, as you say, AJ has been hurt before and even admitted it v Price. Just saying that Wilder fans are for some reason (:wink:) desperate for them to be true. I may have believed it the first time, now I'm thinking... Have some sort of substance, otherwise it looks like someone is just trying to drive traffic to this website.

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

Wont matter if he was hurt or not in sparring if he doesnt change his style up for this fight.
Wheezy

Post by Wheezy »

look, im no expert but he looked off in his media workout earlier this week.

I'm not sure if this is all a ploy or AJ has some things going in the background that are affecting his head/heart but i got ruiz in this rematch.
as promised, no more voodoo manny mom
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Wheezy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:25 pm look, im no expert but he looked off in his media workout earlier this week.

I'm not sure if this is all a ploy or AJ has some things going in the background that are affecting his head/heart but i got ruiz in this rematch.
Definitely has some demons to overcome. Got dropped 4 times, KO’d and knocked outta the top spot in the division... and has to step back in the ring with the guy who did it to him...

If he loses he’s just about done as an upper echelon type name in the sport and he might as well retire after that...
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

ObJuan13 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:46 am
Wheezy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:25 pm look, im no expert but he looked off in his media workout earlier this week.

Definitely has some demons to overcome. Got dropped 4 times, KO’d and knocked outta the top spot in the division... and has to step back in the ring with the guy who did it to him...

If he loses he’s just about done as an upper echelon type name in the sport and he might as well retire after that...
Even I'm with you guys here. It's huge for him and the way he lost the first one, he must mentally be in a bad place. This will make or break him.

He didn't show much in the media workout, I thought he was just holding back, but who knows?

Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

Just posted an article about Tyron Spong was in the Joshua camp helping him get ready for the Ruiz fight. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Joshua was hurt or dropped by Spong, he has serious power. He's not nearly as good as others skill wise in Boxing but he def has power.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

ruiz stops him again hes a quitter. lacks the heart to dig deep when the going gets tough.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

TopNotch86 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm ruiz stops him again hes a quitter. lacks the heart to dig deep when the going gets tough.
He came back from some rough spots vs Wlad and Whyte
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Tocsin wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:17 pm
TopNotch86 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm ruiz stops him again hes a quitter. lacks the heart to dig deep when the going gets tough.
He came back from some rough spots vs Wlad and Whyte
eh wlad gassed more than anything else. aj may be a better boxer but ruiz is a heck of a lot tougher
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Mayz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:09 am
Comparison(yeah ok lol)?

Well he has been dropped, hurt multiple times and we've seen videos of him hurt and KO'd with headgear on.

You really do have Wilder shaped spectacles on... Hence my comments earlier :wink:

So would you believe the rumours if some random person from a random website said Wilder was hurt in sparring but couldn't say when, by who, or how bad? Especially considering the first time anyone heard of this site was when he said it the first time and he got a heap of hits.

I'm not saying these AJ rumours aren't true, who knows, as you say, AJ has been hurt before and even admitted it v Price. Just saying that Wilder fans are for some reason (:wink:) desperate for them to be true. I may have believed it the first time, now I'm thinking... Have some sort of substance, otherwise it looks like someone is just trying to drive traffic to this website.
Forgot about this one, but Dillian Whyte was asked about when Wilder was KOd by Wlad too... (He was there)

Johnny Nelson, Andy Lee, Tyson Fury have all confirmed this in the past too.
"He knew what happened. He had his hands up. He was roughing Wlad up, bringing the smoke, and he was going wild.

"Wlad backs up, changes his footwork, feinting, feinting, jabs to the body, throws that feint jab, left hook. Wilder had his hands up, he was gone.

"It wasn't no knockdown, he was knocked cold. Properly twitching as well.

"That's why they probably didn't want him to fight Wlad, because Wlad was going to fight him as a pro and Wilder never fancied it the whole time."
https://www.skysports.com/amp/boxing/ne ... ining-camp

I definitely think Wilder is better than he was at that point though. He was so wild then any counter could take him out. He's a bit more patient now, even if his technique hasn't changed.

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Mayz wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:32 am

Comparison(yeah ok lol)?

Forgot about this one, but Dillian Whyte was asked about when Wilder was KOd by Wlad too... (He was there)

"He knew what happened. He had his hands up. He was roughing Wlad up, bringing the smoke, and he was going wild.

"Wlad backs up, changes his footwork, feinting, feinting, jabs to the body, throws that feint jab, left hook. Wilder had his hands up, he was gone.

"That's why they probably didn't want him to fight Wlad, because Wlad was going to fight him as a pro and Wilder never fancied it the whole time."

I definitely think Wilder is better than he was at that point though. He was so wild then any counter could take him out. He's a bit more patient now, even if his technique hasn't changed.
Look at you going to a post to talk about someone the post isn't even about, yet when Jeff asks you to name Wilder super fans you say it isn't the right thread for it. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Wlad could've knocked out a young Wilder in training camp for sure, but I'm not going to take Dylan "He Loves The Dope" Whyte's word for it. Now, if Dylan was speaking on mastering the art of turning down final eliminators and then whining and crying about not getting a title opportunity I'd listen.

This ain't that. Another jewel from UK Gino.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

TheSickness316 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:23 am

Look at you going to a post to talk about someone the post isn't even about, yet when Jeff asks you to name Wilder super fans you say it isn't the right thread for it. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
I'm not interested in talking to you, take a hint.

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Mayz wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:29 am

I'm not interested in talking to you, take a hint and get a grip.
I don't give a fuck what you are or aren't interested in. Don't want me to reply, don't fucking post. Not my fault you can't handle me calling you out on your nonsense.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

TheSickness316 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:42 am

I don't give a fuck what you are or aren't interested in. Don't want me to reply, don't fucking post. Not my fault you can't handle me calling you out on your nonsense.
Get a grip dude.

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Mayz wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:47 am

Get a grip dude.
Follow the yellow brick road to find yourself some courage.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

TheSickness316 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:48 am

Get a grip dude.
Cool

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Mayz wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:49 am
TheSickness316 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:48 am

Get a grip dude.
Cool
So hilarious how hypocritical you are. You're too scared to answer Jeff's simple question because your excuse is that it isn't the right thread for it. This thread is about Joshua, yet you have to bring up Wilder who has nothing to do with it. It's just like how you had to go into the Joshua Ruiz 1 thread and take shots at Wilder when your boy got his ass kicked. So clearly you have no issue in saying something that has nothing to do with the thread. Yet, you're scared to answer Jeff's simple question. Hypocritical and cowardly when it comes to you.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Cool

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”