JOSHUA defeated RUIZ in Rematch

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

JOSHUA defeated RUIZ in Rematch

Post by Mayz »

The biggest heavyweight fight since Lewis/Tyson needs it's own thread.

Win or lose, it's gonna be a great night of boxing... Pumped!

Who wins? How?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Re: Ruiz v AJ II!

Post by Mayz »

The gloves are off. We're in fight week!

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Froch, Haye, Nelson, Bellew and Paulie discuss the fight

Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

All of them predicting an AJ win...

jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Joshua is more cautious and gets him this time mid rounds
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 am Joshua is more cautious and gets him this time mid rounds
I'm thinking he's more cautious and carefully boxes his way to a decision, but a KO win for AJ certainly wouldn't surprise me. We both agree that his being more cautious and measured in his approach is the ticket.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Ruiz will have moments. Hes well schooled, looks well conditioned and his combination punching will give AJ problems again

Aj was winning the fight handily until that left hook scrambled him. He was caught going for the kill. I dont think he gives ruiz that chance this time around
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

It all depends on what demons AJ has left. He can just box around, but there will definitely come some tough moments with the speed of Ruiz's hands.

I think he wins by KO mid rounds, just because I think he's better. But if Ruiz can get some momentum going it could be another huge win.

chef97

Post by chef97 »

Picking Ruiz to win again because once you beat somebody you know you can do it again and AJ has the hook he took on his mind...
Chef
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

The first fight wasn't a fluke, or some lucky punch, it was a genuine beat down. Because of this, I think Ruiz wins again. Maybe not as dramatically, but he gets it done....
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

I think AJ is going to win but I'm putting some money on Ruiz because he's the underdog for the payout.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

All depends on how Joshua fights.....if he tries to end it early he likely meets the same fate, of he takes his time and tries to box he can win with some shakey moments I think.....The chance Ruiz lands another shot to scramble his brains again is always there though
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

marciano1952 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:35 am All depends on how Joshua fights.....if he tries to end it early he likely meets the same fate, of he takes his time and tries to box he can win with some shakey moments I think.....The chance Ruiz lands another shot to scramble his brains again is always there though
Especially considering it didn't seem like all that devastating a shot that fucked AJ up in the first place, but then again it was one of those high on the head shots which can be a bit deceiving. They don't look as damaging as they are a lot of the time.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Joshua keeps it on the outside, fights tall and at the end of his punch while clinching intelligently and not looking to trade on the inside he can win a decision or be patient and pounce if the time is right and Ruiz is hurt enough.

If the fight ends up on the inside or AJ gets sloppy/tired I favor the better technical and reflexive boxer with the huge mental edge. Most important lesson learned in the initial scrap is that Ruiz can take Aj's shot and recover while Joshua cannot say the same.

Other factors to consider are that Matchroom controls the promotion, Luis Pabon(recently of Kovalev/Alvarez1 and Kov/Yarde fame and not so recently of the horrific and allowed clinch fest Klitchko/Povetkin) will ref and both fighters shed some weight, Ruiz fat and AJ muscle while retaining the dope gut. Might want to cross reference Gil's Checking the Judges thread for judges Felkdman, Grey and Roussel.

I will be rooting for Ruiz. AJ is a good enough guy, but his promoter is a cunt and I'd like to see the titles unified.
Joshua-Ruiz Rematch: Judges, Referee Revealed
By Keith Idec

The neutral group of officials for the Anthony Joshua-Andy Ruiz Jr. rematch includes judges from England, the United States and Canada.

The sanctioning bodies involved in their second fight for the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles have approved Connecticut’s Glenn Feldman, England’s Steve Gray and Quebec’s Benoit Roussel to score it Saturday night in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia. Puerto Rico’s Luis Pabon has been assigned as the referee for the immediate rematch between Joshua and Ruiz.

Contractual clauses assured Joshua and Ruiz neutrality among the officials for their 12-round rematch at Diriyah Arena.

Gray, of Fleetwood, England, has judged one of Joshua’s first 23 professional fights. He scored Joshua a 118-110 victor over New Zealand’s Joseph Parker in that 12-round title unification fight, which Joshua won by unanimous decision in March 2018 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

Gray also has served as the referee for five of Joshua’s fights. Most recently, Gray stopped Joshua’s title defense against Alexander Povetkin in the seventh round 14 months ago at Wembley Stadium in London.

Feldman has judged one Joshua bout, but it resulted in a third-round stoppage of Eric Molina in December 2016 in Manchester, England. Roussel will judge a Joshua fight for the first time.

Pabon also will officiate his first Joshua bout. The contracts Joshua and Ruiz signed for their rematch ensured that the referee couldn’t come from the United Kingdom or the United States.

Neutral officials previously worked the first fight between Ruiz (33-1, 22 KOs), of Imperial, California, and Joshua (22-1, 21 KOs), of Watford, England.

Canada’s Michael Griffin was the referee for their June 1 bout at New York’s famed Madison Square Garden, where Ruiz scored one of the biggest upsets in boxing history by stopping Joshua in the seventh round. Griffin halted the action at 1:27 of the seventh round because the heavily favored Joshua didn’t respond to his command to move forward from his corner.

Joshua contends he could’ve continued once he got up from his second knockdown of the seventh round and fourth knockout of the fight.

Two of the judges – England’s Michael Alexander (57-56) and American Julie Lederman (57-56) – had Ruiz in front through six rounds. The other judge, Canada’s Pasquale Procopio, had Joshua ahead, 57-56, entering the seventh round.

Joshua knocked down Ruiz in the third round. Ruiz recovered quickly, though, and floored Joshua twice later in the third.
https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-ruiz ... ed--144751
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

How does a rematch of a sidestep fight 2.0 get consideration for such a huge fight?
Signing to fight Miller instead of the fight everybody else wanted. Then signing to fight another guy instead of the fight everybody else wanted. This fight is the biggest fight Joshua has going for him considering and obviously his fan boys are in the same boat but from an overall perspective this fight is what it is, a crossroads redemption fight for AJ.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Unless Joshua can hurt Ruiz and though he knocked Ruiz down he never hurt Ruiz in the first fight, I think he goes down in flames again. Ruiz walked right through everything thrown at him once he rose from the canvas. Joshua’s best and really only clearly won round, the 5th, wore him out so badly that he was just target practice for Ruiz in the 6th.

Joshua has to get Ruiz to respect him. In the first fight Ruiz countered everything with no regard whatsoever for what was coming back.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Andy Ruiz loving the fame...

He's a good guy, hope he loses and then goes on to beat some other top guys lol

FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

If Joshua fights disciplined and doesnt give up his height and reach he can win this fight. But he has had tenancies in past fights to give those advantages up and he backs straight up alot. If he does that again I think Ruiz gets to the mark first like he did last time out.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

kinda hoping ruiz wins cuz AJ wont fight wilder (if he beats fury that is)to unify the division. Ruiz will
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

TopNotch86 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:54 pm kinda hoping ruiz wins cuz AJ wont fight wilder (if he beats fury that is)to unify the division. Ruiz will
I mean, I guess we totally ignore that Wilder rejected $100m to fight AJ? Lol

Don't know if you caught Chris Mannixs interview with the Fox guy, but he said Wilder will fight AJ when he feels ready to do so. Probably fight to the PBC belt instead lol

Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Mayz wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:04 pm
TopNotch86 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:54 pm kinda hoping ruiz wins cuz AJ wont fight wilder (if he beats fury that is)to unify the division. Ruiz will

Don't know if you caught Chris Mannixs interview with the Fox guy, but he said Wilder will fight AJ when he feels ready to do so. Probably fight to the PBC belt instead lol
Pretty sure there was more to the contract than "Fight Anthony Joshua, collect $100,000,000."
X______________
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Cagiva9 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:05 pm
Mayz wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:04 pm

Pretty sure there was more to the contract than "Fight Anthony Joshua, collect $100,000,000."
X______________
Yeah... He had to fight him twice.

jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:21 am The first fight wasn't a fluke, or some lucky punch, it was a genuine beat down. Because of this, I think Ruiz wins again. Maybe not as dramatically, but he gets it done....
There was nothing fluky or lucky. Ruiz was in position and countered with a hook perfectly. It hurt Joshua and he didnt recover and caught a beating.

The one thing that raises alarm bells on joshua for me is he is fighting too soon after a concussion. If those sparring rumors are true hes getting knocked out badly again
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

In an interview with LANCE PUGMIRE of the ATHLETIC.com DAZN Executive chairman John Skipper was quoted as saying :

“In retrospect, I was too brash going in there without creating the relationships I needed to create with the people who advised Deontay Wilder. I have now worked to do that. It has to do with going back to the education I needed before getting into boxing … When we left that (Wilder) meeting, I KNEW WE MESSED UP and that we weren’t going to be successful (Wilder)

John Skipper went on to say QUOTE:
“We were IMPATIENT, and after having some early success, we wanted to MOVE QUICKLY. Now I understand that I’ve got to work relationships, work within a framework and understand other peoples’ self-interests and needs as well … If I had to do it again, I’d have gone in and said, ‘I’m playing the long game.’ I’m playing the long game with Canelo and GGG, too.”.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

A liitle late since the shine on this fight has lost its lusture.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”